British Columbia Aquarium Forums banner

Best tattoo/artist shop in bc

39K views 48 replies 28 participants last post by  jay_leask 
#1 ·
Ive been thinking of getting a tattoo but i need it done by someone with enough experience and pride in his work. After all its going on my body to stay. Anyone know someone in bc?

#2 ·
Dutchman tattoo's has an awesome rep....I have a guy who does my work...I forget what shop he works out of...Nexus or something...his name is....Mike Lacasse....you can always call him and go check out his work. Hope this helps....I've also heard that Fat City Tattoo's is also good. I got one done there like forever ago...Hope this helps...Good Luck...once u get inked u'll keep goin back...trust me I know....lol...I now have six tatties....

#3 ·
Genesis in Vernon, Rob. gotta book forever in advance. that tells you right there they are good. i got a tattoo of a sailboat, the detail is amazing. i'll show you a picture if you like.

#6 · (Edited by Moderator)
several friends of mine, and my self went to Brian's Tattoo in abbotsford (google name for website) and they were fantastic...Ryno did my tattoo...prices were pretty reasonable tooo...not outrageous like the ones below

I've also had friends go to Ace, they didn't care for it..then theres that one right on fraser hwy...the name tottally just slipped my mind, but they think they are super hot , wasnt impressed with their attitude :)

#9 ·
I don't have any ink myself but would love some. The thing with ink as bumble bee said is that it's with ya for life so don't go cheap. IMO I wouldn't even really look at pricing I would look at the art.

#14 ·
I agree. Don't forget about the overhead the shops littering Granville and Davie St's downtown have to make up for. I've seen friends go and pay $150/hr at supposed reputable shops, only to have a tattoo that'll require a coverup by the time it's healed. I've had work done by tattoists along the west coast and can say that Jesse Wark (Blackwater Tattoo) is amazing. He's great with the gun, doesn't rip your skin up, his tattoos don't do that horrible raised edge, and his ink stays :)

Or, if you want to go out to the Wack, Deborah who works out of her home is an amazing artist. Unicus Studio

#15 · (Edited)
Skip the tattoo. They are a pasing fad, and something you will regret in 20 years, especially when the colors all smudge together and it is a big blob on your skin. Have you ever seen a 60 year old's tattoo? Tattoos are not expensive or overly painful, but the laser treatment to get them removed is very expansive and hurts even more.

Whenever you go to a beach or pool, you will have young children look at you with horror and have parents usher them away from you. And the parents will look at you like you are a low class lout from an impoverished broken home or stupid at the very least.

Why expose yourself to hepatitis or HIV? All it takes is for the tattoo "artist" to have a long day and ooops...forgot to sterilize that needle....time to close up shop and change name...

You are not a rock star that needs to sell records by being trendy and getting tattoos. You are an ordinary joe mimicking the rock star by getting a tattoo. Not the best compliment but the truth.

#16 ·
Seriously? Here I thought the whole purpose of this thread was to gain knowledge of a reputable tattoo shop. I don't believe it was "should I or shouldn't I".

In 20 years, most of the population will likely have tattoo's as it's more than a growing fad, it's self-expression via art that can be painful and expensive. That's also why you remember to apply sunblock to your $1500 sleeve tattoo.

In the 10 years I've been getting tattooed I've yet to hear of anyone contracting any disease due to a contaminated needle. I honestly don't think a tattoo artist would be like "oops, forgot to clean the needle, package it in a steri-pouch and throw it in the steam sterilizer for 30 minutes to an hour, let it cool, etc..."

No offense, but perhaps you should do some research, get back to the 21st century before spewing inaccurate info

#18 ·
Agreed grete. I waited 3 years to afford the exact tattoo I wanted. The artist uses disposable needles and ink so no need to sterilize. I love my sailboat. It will always remind me of an adventure I wish to never forget.

#19 ·
Since when is getting a tattoo a fad? Ya sure more and more are getting them and it's not because it's a fad, it's just becoming more acceptable. Tattooing has been around for hundreds of years. The Maori in New Zealand have been doing it for 700-800 years.

#21 · (Edited)
Black and grey what though? Realistic animal? Portraiture? Tribal? If you want a portrait type tattoo or animal, I would recommend Rob Hope.

Most of the artists mentioned are top notch. Thomas Lockheart is great at black and grey, Adam Sky excells at colour, Dutchman has lots of awesome artists, it's expensive because they are some of the best around. Sacred Heart has three locations in Vancouver with great artists. Clint Danroth is one of my favourites. Steve Moore is one of the best anywhere, Chad Woodley rocks, there are so darned many awesome artists around here, we are very spoiled.

Oh, I would bypass the Maple Ridge recommendation. From what I've seen of his work, it's a bit hit or miss.

#24 ·
My picture is one of the tattoos that I have

ED at Liquid Sliver over 15 years of tattooing., gotten Four tattoos from him and he is really reasonable. Just say Matt the guy with the spade on his arm and scorpion on his leg reffered you to him.

#27 ·
No offence but Thomas has gotten lazy or just plain old. I got tat's on me from him and they don't look as good as some of my other ones. I now go to a guy in Richmond names Terry. His shop is near Legends pub in the heart of Richmond. Dutchman wouldn't do me since I had Tom on me. I have partied with Tom and he is a great guy and I knew him for many yaers. I just wouldn't get another tat done by him. He was one of the best back in the day. My guy did $130 and hour I guess depending on what you want done. When I go for my other ones I will go back to him.

#28 ·
Being a fella that has some ,crappy tattoos as well a few great ones i can with utmost certainty say ... GOOD TATTOOS ARE NEVER CHEAP AND CHEAP TATTOOS ARE NEVER GOOD! Nuff said! If ya ever get down mississippi way theres lady luck tattoo in hatiesburg mississippi and hearts on fire tattoo in ocean springs mississippi. My brother dan-e and 2 other artists own and operate lady luck and he owns hearts on fire himself. So spend the money on the better Artist an be happy with something ya going look at for the rest of y life!

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.