Best tattoo/artist shop in bc - Page 2
Follow us on...
Follow us on Twitter Follow us on Facebook
Register

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
Like Tree12Likes

Best tattoo/artist shop in bc

This is a discussion on Best tattoo/artist shop in bc within the Aqua Lounge forums, part of the Aqua Lounge category; I highly recommend Adam Sky - he has his own studio over by Granville Island in Vancouver. He's an extremely ...

I highly recommend Adam Sky - he has his own studio over by Granville Island in Vancouver. He's an extremely talented artist and his studio is amazing! I have 3 tattoos done by him (they're in the gallery on his site) and plans for more in the future: Vancouver Tattoo Artist Adam Sky

2. Remove Advertisements
    BCAquaria.com
    Advertisements

Quote Originally Posted by mortava View Post
    I highly recommend Adam Sky - he has his own studio over by Granville Island in Vancouver. He's an extremely talented artist and his studio is amazing! I have 3 tattoos done by him (they're in the gallery on his site) and plans for more in the future: Vancouver Tattoo Artist Adam Sky
    I second Adam Sky. Many friends of mine have his work and he is really good. My work was done by a little known artist whom has had some life roadblocks come up and is hard to find.....

Best regards,

Stuart
    27 Gallon High-tech Light-limited Planted Tank
    Shutting down

15 Gallon High-tech Light-limited Planted Tank
    PFR's and Guppies
    Old 22 Gallon Long Iwagumi Tank - Former VAHS Planted Tank Entry
    Taiwan Fern Farm - Bowfront - RETIRED

ADDICTED TO PRESSURIZED CO2

STOP THE BELO MONTE DAM

My whole side calf tattoo - 5.5 hours worth was over 800. Worth it. The detail is amazing
    Let the current take you where you may not always want to go.

Not a katienaha anymore! Knot is tied.

Quote Originally Posted by taureandragon76 View Post
    I don't have any ink myself but would love some. The thing with ink as bumble bee said is that it's with ya for life so don't go cheap. IMO I wouldn't even really look at pricing I would look at the art.
    I agree. Don't forget about the overhead the shops littering Granville and Davie St's downtown have to make up for. I've seen friends go and pay $150/hr at supposed reputable shops, only to have a tattoo that'll require a coverup by the time it's healed. I've had work done by tattoists along the west coast and can say that Jesse Wark (Blackwater Tattoo) is amazing. He's great with the gun, doesn't rip your skin up, his tattoos don't do that horrible raised edge, and his ink stays

Or, if you want to go out to the Wack, Deborah who works out of her home is an amazing artist. Unicus Studio

Skip the tattoo. They are a pasing fad, and something you will regret in 20 years, especially when the colors all smudge together and it is a big blob on your skin. Have you ever seen a 60 year old's tattoo? Tattoos are not expensive or overly painful, but the laser treatment to get them removed is very expansive and hurts even more.

Whenever you go to a beach or pool, you will have young children look at you with horror and have parents usher them away from you. And the parents will look at you like you are a low class lout from an impoverished broken home or stupid at the very least.

Why expose yourself to hepatitis or HIV? All it takes is for the tattoo "artist" to have a long day and ooops...forgot to sterilize that needle....time to close up shop and change name...

You are not a rock star that needs to sell records by being trendy and getting tattoos. You are an ordinary joe mimicking the rock star by getting a tattoo. Not the best compliment but the truth.
    Last edited by 123mars; 01-15-2011 at 09:55 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by 123mars View Post
    Skip the tattoo. They are a pasing fad, and something you will regret in 20 years, especially when the colors all smudge together and it is a big blob on your skin. Have you ever seen a 60 year old's tattoo? Tattoos are not expensive or overly painful, but the laser treatment to get them removed is very expansive and hurts even more.

Whenever you go to a beach or pool, you will have young children look at you with horror and have parents usher them away from you. And the parents will look at you like you are a low class lout from an impoverished broken home or stupid at the very least.

Why expose yourself to hepatitis or HIV? All it takes is for the tattoo "artist" to have a long day and ooops...forgot to sterilize that needle....time to close up shop and change name...

You are not a rock star that needs to sell records by being trendy and getting tattoos. You are an ordinary joe mimicking the rock star by getting a tattoo. Not the best compliment but the truth.
    Seriously? Here I thought the whole purpose of this thread was to gain knowledge of a reputable tattoo shop. I don't believe it was "should I or shouldn't I".

In 20 years, most of the population will likely have tattoo's as it's more than a growing fad, it's self-expression via art that can be painful and expensive. That's also why you remember to apply sunblock to your $1500 sleeve tattoo.

In the 10 years I've been getting tattooed I've yet to hear of anyone contracting any disease due to a contaminated needle. I honestly don't think a tattoo artist would be like "oops, forgot to clean the needle, package it in a steri-pouch and throw it in the steam sterilizer for 30 minutes to an hour, let it cool, etc..."

No offense, but perhaps you should do some research, get back to the 21st century before spewing inaccurate info

Any idea of the style you are looking for? Most artists tend to have styles at which they excel... So recommendation might depend on what you have in mind...

Agreed grete. I waited 3 years to afford the exact tattoo I wanted. The artist uses disposable needles and ink so no need to sterilize. I love my sailboat. It will always remind me of an adventure I wish to never forget.
    Let the current take you where you may not always want to go.

Not a katienaha anymore! Knot is tied.

Forum Guru

Since when is getting a tattoo a fad? Ya sure more and more are getting them and it's not because it's a fad, it's just becoming more acceptable. Tattooing has been around for hundreds of years. The Maori in New Zealand have been doing it for 700-800 years.
    135g - community
    60g Diamond - brackish tank with 2 Figure 8's,dragon goby, and 4 orange chromides

Homer the Fahaka
    http://www.bcaquaria.com/forum/membe...july-27-a-852/

www.thepufferforum.com

Default Best tattoo/artist shop in bc

Well said. This thread was not started for personal opinions about tattoos but for info about tattoo artists. To answer a previous question I actually just want one in black/grey. No color for me.
    125 Reef display tank!

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast