Not showing up or not responding.
Follow us on...
Follow us on Twitter Follow us on Facebook
Register

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Like Tree21Likes

Not showing up or not responding.

This is a discussion on Not showing up or not responding. within the Aqua Lounge forums, part of the Aqua Lounge category; I just wanted to see if anyone else here is experiencing people flaking.I've posted lots of fish or equipment and ...

Forum Beginner

DefaultNot showing up or not responding.

I just wanted to see if anyone else here is experiencing people flaking.I've posted lots of fish or equipment and have had people flake.So many people contact me and seem interested then disappear near meeting time.I'm a long time member here ,and have been away for a while,now I've noticed that new members are more craigslistish.It's damn annoying.I feel like anything I post people right away bid down.Its not a bidding site.What happend to the old bca?

2. Remove Advertisements
    BCAquaria.com
    Advertisements

Sponsor

Yep. The worst thing on the internet is letgo. Lots of propels ask still
    Available never does anyone commit. It's
    Like shopping the seats catalogue and wish list
    But not serious .
    Spring auction coming ...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Forum Novice

I certainly understand the frustration. When someone gives "their word", they should have a really GOOD reason for NOT keeping it - whether it is the Buyer OR the Seller. :0)

While this is not a bidding venue, some folks advertise as O.B.O. (ie. Or Best Offer). Maybe this is where the idea comes from that "any" listed price would be negotiable. For those Sellers who do not wish to negotiate, perhaps a statement to that effect in the listing may work (e.g. the price is FIRM). Then if a Seller receives no interest or response for that listed price, s/he can update the listing with a new, lowered price.

Just my 2-cents' worth.
    Last edited by Mick2016; 03-18-2017 at 08:57 PM.
    Yungster likes this.

5. Remove Advertisements
    BCAquaria.com
    Advertisements

if it is any small consolation, there are still people comitted to their word. I purchased a boat I didn't want at all off Craigslist after I emailed a guy and said I wanted it. Problem was I impulse mailed the guy at like 5 am and by noon when it was time to go see said boat I did not want it at all. I comitted so in my driveway it sits.

On the selling side though I totally agree with you, it's a crap shoot. So much so I stopped trying to sell anything, with so many tire kickers and no shows if I put anything on line it is free pick up only. Commerce is commerce and people need to learn to keep their damn word!
    rwong2k10 likes this.

Forum Beginner

I get a lot of no response but never had a no show yet, so quite lucky that way.

Only on Craigslist. I've had not have anyone bail on me from this forum. Lots of people asking if I can deliver out to Vancouver or surrey though, but I don't do that for as cheap as I sell stuff for. I'm at a disadvantage because fuel is higher out there.
    Last year I found fish that were mine at the pet store in abbotsford. A little disheartening, I hope they made a few bucks atleast.
    Last edited by troutsniffer; 03-22-2017 at 04:45 PM.

What gets me is people posting something for sale and not monitoring or answering pm questions for many hours to days later. I've been pretty lucky and have not had a lot of no shows from the forum, but a few from CL.
    mikebike likes this.
    1 Fluval Spec V tank set up right now.
    ​Future set up will be a planted Fluval Osaka 155 cube tank with a HOB Seachem Tidal 55 power filter, a large sponge filter and a Eheim 2236 canister filter, lighting will be a Kessil a160we Tuna Sun with a dawn to dusk Kessil Spectra controller and pressurized Co2

It's the not getting back to interested buyers that's a bit weird. I figure if you are posting something for sale ... shouldn't the seller at least reply? Fine if it's already sold but it would be nice to know.

As a buyer on this forum I figure a price is a price and it's going to another hobbyist. As a seller it's the same. If you want it delivered their's a cost unless for some reason you head in the seller's direction.

I have bought great fish and equipment through BC Aq ... met great people, learnt a bunch, shared information. I can't think of a situation yet where I have bought from BC Aq members and it hasn't been a fair price and often folks will throw something else into to deal ... makes the travel for me from North Van all the better.

Administrator

Hey guys,

As Mick2016 said, its a good idea to put details in the header/text like "price is firm" or "pick up only" etc. That normally defers people from contacting you for the sake of haggling or asking needless questions "i.e tire kickers".

Niall
    mikebike likes this.

What I hate is receiving Text calls when I don't have text
    or exchanging 10 email with someone as the can't be bothered to call/phone me.

I can talk better/faster than I can type
    The Guy and Mark Brown like this.
    Mike in S. Surrey Please call 604 535 9063
    14 gal Bio Cube & Pond

See my tanks on CBC here https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=95Y1zuY2y1I
    L-144 LongFin blue eyed
    http://www3.telus.net/mikebike/fish/Blueeyslacefin.jpg

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast