5th Annual Discus Grow Out Contest Journal: Marko1
Follow us on...
Follow us on Twitter Follow us on Facebook
Register

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree2Likes

5th Annual Discus Grow Out Contest Journal: Marko1

This is a discussion on 5th Annual Discus Grow Out Contest Journal: Marko1 within the CAF Annual Discus Grow-out Contest forums, part of the Canadian Aqua Farm Discus Hatchery category; Hey hey okay - Let me try this ... Fish are getting settled... Eating already after approx 8H in tank ...

Forum Beginner

Default5th Annual Discus Grow Out Contest Journal: Marko1

Hey hey okay - Let me try this ... Fish are getting settled... Eating already after approx 8H in tank just a bit more time required to get really settled.

Tank: 30g

Filtration: Sponge Filter power head driven...for up to 180g

Lighting: Florescent lighting off an old tank bulbs probably 10 years old lol

Substrate: Run bare bottom No nothing

Water treatment: Prime used...24H aged, air agitated and heated to temp

Other inhabitants: No other fish involved...

WC: Daily, 90% water changes...Scrub down every couple days once a week sponge squeeze clean...

Temperature: For newbies 31C for a bit will bring it down to 29-30C range in a week or so..

Feedings: Feed once before work...Then evening feed till full then 1 more night feed before bed after water change inbetween First evening feed. Weekends Feeding is heavier and cleaning generally once inbetween if possible..
    dis13.jpg

2. Remove Advertisements
    BCAquaria.com
    Advertisements

Great to see them bright eyed and bushy tailed so soon after their flight. Good luck in the contest!
    Visit us online http://canadianaquafarm.com Freeze Dried Black Worms Free Shipping! Click here to order
    Keep up on the latest news by liking our Facebook page. http://www.facebook.com/discuscanada and following on Instagram @Canadianaquafarm https://instagram.com/canadianaquafarm/

Forum Beginner

Did you add the snake skins in hope they pair off down the road? I think that would make Eruptions correct?

5. Remove Advertisements
    BCAquaria.com
    Advertisements

Forum Beginner

hey Ryangsp - I didnt even know that created that haha - I just have always loved the Scorpion Snake skin So excited to see how they look grown up . I'm thinking i need 1 more tank yet to get Fish leveled off right. And then maybe some stackers...My fish room isn't setup quite right (having to also keep my office in it) lol

Forum Beginner

new update from last night they are just getting used to light levels i think in the open still like darker lighting though. All eating...was going to move the Bigger scorpion but as of yesterday seems to have been a bit of a resolve in peckin orders i think...Will keep an eye on it if not he will be going over still to the other guys...Temp at 29-30C now. Still adjusting to my local water parameters but getting there

disc13.jpg

Looking good!
    Visit us online http://canadianaquafarm.com Freeze Dried Black Worms Free Shipping! Click here to order
    Keep up on the latest news by liking our Facebook page. http://www.facebook.com/discuscanada and following on Instagram @Canadianaquafarm https://instagram.com/canadianaquafarm/

Forum Beginner

new photo. All 5 doing pretty good. 1 bit smaller ... 1 small that i been starting to flood food to make sure he's eating as i think up a new strategy and am ordering tanks .... My 55 gal is going to be replaced by 3 -custom 20w x 20h x 14d tanks linked together into my 60g that will go to a sump to heat and return to all...which then the 55 i split will go to split up fish in the 60 gal and this tanks fish....Ordering is starting monday and rack building will start this week sometime going to be some big moves!! dis1.jpgdis2.jpgdis3.jpg

Forum Beginner

that sponge filter is massive btw lol its rated up to 180g apparently so the box says lol makes my tank like a dwarf in it....

Forum Snooper

That's exciting, I'm looking forward to your new setup

Forum Beginner

Well i dont know what happened in the end here was a frustrating time....Lost all my fish...I've decided it had to be a parasite of some sort or so im thinking now as i think i found at the end the way it was passed was them picking the dying fish as i struggled to figure it out....Tank is empty now....All other fish in other tanks are fine with no signs of stress in same room...Were getting the same water through out ....only thing is thinking my wild altums carried something into the 1 tank somehow but was a sad loss to see them go from perfectly eating to swirrling in circles and dead that evening ...quickest attacks ive ever seen.... So sadly i am out of the comp But all my other discus are doing good.....Learn and move forward guess is all i can do now!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast