Beamswork LED 200
Follow us on...
Follow us on Twitter Follow us on Facebook
Register

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree2Likes

Beamswork LED 200

This is a discussion on Beamswork LED 200 within the Canadian Aquatics forums, part of the Sponsors category; i'm thinking of getting a couple of these units: Beamswork LED 200- freshwater bright 12-16" - 30 x white + ...

Default Beamswork LED 200

i'm thinking of getting a couple of these units: Beamswork LED 200- freshwater bright 12-16" - 30 x white + 3 x actinic 460nm in total of 33 LEDs for 200 lumens. Right now i am running an 8 Watt T5 Preheat Warm White Fluorescent Bulb 3000 Kelvin Color Temperature, 410 Approximate Initial Lumens, 330 Approximate Mean Lumens. it see the T5 is producing way more lumens but isn't the kelvin rating more important for growing plants?

2. Remove Advertisements
    BCAquaria.com
    Advertisements

well i suppose the lack of feedback means i should just save my money and stick with the T5, thanks for the input. :-)

I have the 36-48" model, it puts out a lot of light if your tank is not tall (I have it on a 40 breeder) but I haven't tried to grow anything yet. I like the light colour. Shimmers.

I would go with LEDs the T5 Ho are on there way out. Soon enough they will be like power compacts

Premium Member

Hi Sliver
    One of my sons is doing a class project comparing LED aquarium lights and fluorescent aquarium lights for plant growth. What I've learned is that there are a lot of complicated things to consider when comparing lights. LEDs aren't all the same and fluorescent lights aren't all the same, even when they appear to have similar lumens or watts or anything else you want to compare them with.

Here's an article that I found useful: http://www.americanaquariumproducts...._Lighting.html

Also (less informative but also easier):

LEDs, Lumens and Brightness - Part 3

Good luck with your light choice!

Quote Originally Posted by Sliver View Post
    well i suppose the lack of feedback means i should just save my money and stick with the T5, thanks for the input. :-)
    mikebike likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by Morainy View Post
    Hi Sliver
    One of my sons is doing a class project comparing LED aquarium lights and fluorescent aquarium lights for plant growth. What I've learned is that there are a lot of complicated things to consider when comparing lights. LEDs aren't all the same and fluorescent lights aren't all the same, even when they appear to have similar lumens or watts or anything else you want to compare them with.

Here's an article that I found useful: Aquarium Lighting; Reef, Planted Light Information. PAR, Bulb, Watt, Kelvin, Nanometers, MH, LED.

Also (less informative but also easier):

LEDs, Lumens and Brightness - Part 3

Good luck with your light choice!
    that's exactly why i posted this thread, i don't really know a great deal about the intricacies of lighting a planted tank and i find it difficult to wrap my head around the maths involved, so i was hoping that the sponsor i was considering purchasing a lighting system from would at the very least give me a general idea of why i should buy their product. that didn't happen. it was however an enlightening endeavor as far as learning where i will or will not place my consumer dollar.

I am sorry I missed this thread.

what size tank are you using it on, and more important, how tall is the tank? Are you using CO2?

We specialize in rare and exotic fish from around the world.
    Come see us at www.canadianaquatics.com

Quote Originally Posted by Sliver View Post
    that's exactly why i posted this thread, i don't really know a great deal about the intricacies of lighting a planted tank and i find it difficult to wrap my head around the maths involved, so i was hoping that the sponsor i was considering purchasing a lighting system from would at the very least give me a general idea of why i should buy their product. that didn't happen. it was however an enlightening endeavor as far as learning where i will or will not place my consumer dollar.
    It never hurts to "Bump" your post, BCA is pretty busy and I know I didn't see it until you "bumped" it to close it.

the plants i have in the tank i was considering LED for are very low-light, java moss and a couple of java ferns, so i was mostly wondering if switching to LED would make any noticeable difference in the growth rate. it is a 13"x13"x18" column tank and i'm not running CO2.

Forum Resident

does anyone have any pics of the actual unit? I'm interested to see the comparison to the Marineland ones.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast