British Columbia Aquarium Forums banner

80-120g Best place to shop

1K views 9 replies 6 participants last post by  katienaha 
#1 ·
I am looking for the best prices and quality for my buck for an 80-120g tank. An 80g bowfront with stand at Petland in Prince George is $1400.

Is there anywhere in the province that has a much more reasonable price for a tank or similar, that I would be willing to take the time and gas to travel to pick it up? Or should I suck it up and go for the $1400 price tag...

Any suggestions? (Do not suggest classifieds, I look - there isnt a market up here for used large tanks, they are all old, shabby, decrepid, scratched, need to be resealed, etc - there never has been a huge demand for them here, so those who have them, keep them)

#3 ·
I am looking for the best prices and quality for my buck for an 80-120g tank. An 80g bowfront with stand at Petland in Prince George is $1400.

Is there anywhere in the province that has a much more reasonable price for a tank or similar, that I would be willing to take the time and gas to travel to pick it up? Or should I suck it up and go for the $1400 price tag...

Any suggestions? (Do not suggest classifieds, I look - there isnt a market up here for used large tanks, they are all old, shabby, decrepid, scratched, need to be resealed, etc - there never has been a huge demand for them here, so those who have them, keep them)
King Ed pet center in Burnaby B.C.
they have a 210g for $999.99 with stand.
72"x24"x24"

#5 ·
Acrylic tanks are an option also, they ship easily by truck and you can buy them online.

You can also call around to the LFS in Vancouver/Edmonton and see if any of them will ship them; they come in on trucks and theoretically isn't any reason why they couldn't go out again on a truck.

#6 ·
thanks for the replies everyone. from the looks of it.. munster tanks isnt currently in business??? im just going by what the recent posts are there... I will attempt to figure out how to check out King Eds.

#9 ·
Petcetera was clearing out Fluval Osaka 84 Gallon tanks with stand and T5HO lights for $479, I don't know if there is any left but you could have it delivered to the closest petcetera if there was. Beautiful tank too, 3 sides are all one piece of glass, so no seems on the front.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.