Deltec MC500
Follow us on...
Follow us on Twitter Follow us on Facebook
Register

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree8Likes

Deltec MC500

This is a discussion on Deltec MC500 within the Equipment Talk Section forums, part of the Aquarium Related Chat category; So this goes out to anyone that has ever owned one of these things, i need help. No matter where ...

DefaultDeltec MC500

So this goes out to anyone that has ever owned one of these things, i need help.

No matter where i place it, how i place it, where the air flow is, how high the weir is it just is not pulling skimmate. I either get overflow or nothing. We are well past the break in period of a new skimmer (running for over 6 weeks) and i do have bioload in the tank although it is low. Is it just a matter of not having a large enough bioload to skim or am i just terribly out to lunch with this thing. Every time i think i have it right, turns out i am wrong. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

2. Remove Advertisements
    BCAquaria.com
    Advertisements

Forum Addicted

I would still say its too early you say your tank has been running for 6 weeks but I would imagine it has really low load on the system if any. give it 6 weeks with fish in it and then make a conclusion mine took a few months to break in also. sorry I don't have that skimmer but that's my overall experience
    Mark Brown likes this.
    230 motor stingray tank. led lighting, dual sump sump,and drip system
    85 gal reef tank 50 gallon custom sump(refugium),100lbs rock,dual overflow,,triple pharoah led,custom stand
    5 gallon nano reef tank

thanks Dino I just don't want to get this wrong. I appreciate the help.

5. Remove Advertisements
    BCAquaria.com
    Advertisements

I know when I put that same skimmer in my RSM250 it took me several weeks to get it skimming properly. When I put it in and removed the stock one I had bioload in the tank but it still took forever to get set just right, but once it was set it worked awesome. I watched a lot of utube videos and that helped me a lot as well.
    Good luck Mark
    Mark Brown and Robojam like this.
    PLecoholics Anonymous Club member #16 , 2 Fluval Spec V tank's set up right now
    ​Future set up will be a planted Osaka 155 cube tank with a HOB Seachem Tidal 55 power filter, a large sponge filter and a Eheim 2236 canister filter, lighting will be a Kessil a160we Tuna Sun with a dawn to dusk Kessil Spectra controller and pressurized Co2

I have watched more videos and trolled more forms than I can even think of lol. I did less homework when I had my kids. Everyone just goes in about setting it right.....but there is no right or wrong it seems. Just works or won't! I'm still on the won't phase but I sure am trying

Seems like I got it going. So that means time was on my list of things because I haven't changed a thing lol.

Producing very very wet skimmate, which I am OK with. For now I don't need stanky brown goop to make me happy, I'll settle for stinky gross water and some foam
    SeaHorse_Fanatic and Robojam like this.

Mr Know It all

Yeah it just takes some time. I had the Deltec hob skimmer and before you know it you'll be emptying the cup of stank like mad. Enjoy the freedom of not having to empty while you can!

Sent from my SM-G935W8 using Tapatalk
    - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
    54g Rainbows and Rasboras
    100g Cube Discus Playground

Quote Originally Posted by tony1928 View Post
    Yeah it just takes some time. I had the Deltec hob skimmer and before you know it you'll be emptying the cup of stank like mad. Enjoy the freedom of not having to empty while you can!

LOL!

I can't say I'm looking forward to the dark underbelly of successful skimmer operation

Mr Know It all

Quote Originally Posted by Mark Brown View Post
    LOL!

I can't say I'm looking forward to the dark underbelly of successful skimmer operation
    Haha the first time I ever took a whiff of it was the last time I didn't hold my breath taking it to the sink. And to think cleaning canisters full of discus slime was gross.

One thing I wished for the Deltec hob was a bigger cup. I couldn't leave it for more than 2 days before it filled up.

SeaHorse_Fanatic likes this.
    - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
    54g Rainbows and Rasboras
    100g Cube Discus Playground

I saw someone add a dosing pump to theirs and drain it into a pop bottle. That seems up my fat lazy middle aged white guy philosophy in life. Why do today what I can procrastinate until tomorrow

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast