British Columbia Aquarium Forums banner

Hello from a Newbie!

778 views 9 replies 7 participants last post by  Reckon 
#1 ·
Hi Everyone,

My husband used to frequent this site often and suggested I give it a try... He bought me this cute little 2 gallon tank last Xmas for work, first tank I've owned. I tried putting guppies in it which didn't work as I didn't realize they would need more space and don't like too much flow. This tank has a decent amount of flow in it. I've been trying to figure out what to put in it, but so far I've found no fish that would work with a tank this size and strong water flow. Was wondering if anyone here had any suggestions? My husband has a cichlid tank at home and I find it very soothing, so having a mini tank at work would be really nice! But I want my fish to be happy. Any suggestions are very much appreciated!

Cheers,
Danielle

#4 ·
If you'd be able to remove the filtration, and were willing to keep up with weekly water changes instead, a betta would be a decent option. They're attractive, and hearty fish.

I can't think of anything other that is not only attractive without the necessity of schooling, but would do well in a tank that size.

You could feed some pellets on a Friday, and come back Monday to a fish greeting you for more food and an easy water change after you got your morning sorted out.

#8 ·
Crap. I meant to say Hi and welcome before I jumped right into it.

I think your hubby just tried setting you up, lol! I went from walking by tanks, to appreciating them, and then wanting to have my own. If I was allowed to have it at my work station I think that would have been one more bonus!

#10 · (Edited)
Welcome to BCA! I'm a big fan of great looking small tanks. They fit nicely in little work spaces and brighten up those corners. How about keeping a betta or a few freshwater shrimp? Though I think a nice halfmoon betta would look great.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.