British Columbia Aquarium Forums banner

Newbie from Delta!

571 views 4 replies 4 participants last post by  skullbanger 
#1 · (Edited)
Not technically a newbie on here since I created this account a few months ago and promptly forgot about it, but hi there fellow fish nerds!

As for an introduction, I've been in the hobby for around 3 years now. With my transition fish "drug" being the widely available betta fish. Before I knew it I had a betta tank (filtered and heated of course) in every room of my house much to my boyfriend's amusement. I've since rehomed all but two of the bettas and have moved on to larger tanks that offer more stocking options. Slowly working on turning our garage into a full out fish room and pretty stoked about it.

Current set-ups: 70 gallon fancy goldfish tank with 4 cute fatties in residence, 20 gallon with a telescope goldfish that got bullied by the others, 34.5 gallon tropical community with a betta, diamond tetras and various platies (soon to have some pygmy cories), 5.5 gallon with my original betta that started all this insanity and a recently purchased 30 gallon breeder that I'm still pondering the possibilities for.

Goals within the hobby are to continue learning and expand my fish collection to include some cichlids such as blue rams and angelfish. Would like to experiment with a fully planted tank as well since atm I have some real mixed in with fake plants.

Looking forward to getting to know some other local peeps that are in the hobby as well :) My Instagram is michellesfishies if any of you are on that platform as well.

See less See more
#2 ·
Welcome to BC Aquaria.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.