British Columbia Aquarium Forums banner

Homer the Fahaka - New Pics July 27

11K views 45 replies 15 participants last post by  taureandragon76 
#1 · (Edited)
Here are some of the pics and vid that I have taken of him in the past

Back when he was just a youngin

#6 ·
you have to put the link to the page not the embed code, between the you tube wrap things for the video's... found that out yesterday when trying to post vids of my red tailed shark...Nice Tank and cute puffer

#18 ·
Ya generally with Fahaka's they do not like tankmates at all. Very rare will you find one that will tolerate them. I have a couple of guppy's in there that I was trying to feed them but he seems to ignore them. I think they are just to small for him to really be concerned about. He is about 12 inches now and probably pretty close to two years old. By far my most favorite fish I have ever owned.

#23 ·
Ya I should you could take way better pics of him
Taurean, Just want you to know that your Homer have inspired me to get a Fahaka :) Been working on his set up for nearly 6 month now, and hoping to have it all done and running in 3 month once I get back from the trip to Nabraska.
Cool man, glad he could be of inspiration

very cool man
i havent been able to convince the wife to let me get that saltwater tank yet but still trying lol
Fahaka's are freshwater:D

#21 ·
Taurean, Just want you to know that your Homer have inspired me to get a Fahaka :) Been working on his set up for nearly 6 month now, and hoping to have it all done and running in 3 month once I get back from the trip to Nabraska.

#25 ·
Whole life they are in fresh water. There is a common misconception that alot of puffers are salt water, where from what I have seen it seems to be the other way around, more are freshwater.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.