British Columbia Aquarium Forums banner

My pleco thread - revived

147K views 951 replies 74 participants last post by  2wheelsx2 
#1 ·
Thought I might as well throw up some pics of my plecos since everyone is reviving their pleco threads:

My first pleco in the 125 - a Gibbiceps - this was when he was a wee little guy eating Bok Choy:

This was just before I gave him away to a BCA member with an Aro tank:

My first successful attempt at keeping BNP (cichlids killed the others):

See less See more
#2 ·
And now for something different, I am going to post up pics of my departed friends :(

1.5" blue phantom

L052 which got some sort of bloat (maybe egg bloat):

My awesome Papa (L90)

My first attempt at L239

My slightly beat up, newer L114

#15 ·
Just for fun, I thought I would throw in a pic of one of my newer L200a (Baryancistrus demantoides). This group is much greener with a yellowish fringe, compared to the original 2 that I got which were limey yellow. I guess it depends a lot on collection spot.

#18 ·
Thanks everyone. The L239's are really nice. They change colour depending on lighting, mood and background. You can see in that one pic where there are 6 of them (can you count them all?) and they are showing different levels of blue on the fins and body. I can't get enough of these guys. They're a bit tough to get acclimatized and eating, but starting with healthy fish helps. I lost my first ones from last year, but this time, they are all doing great and eating lots.

#19 ·
I took the afternoon off to spend with my kids, but they were napping when I got home, so I took a lot of pics. :D Where's that new photo contest? :p

L226 - I love these guys, I can't believe people didn't snap them up from Charles. IMO, one of the most attractive affordable plecos. They can be greyish under stress to this orangish brown when happy and full. I think this chubby one is a female. To my knowledge, no one has bred these.

Another 2 L239 pics. Believe it not, it's really tough to get a good shot of these guys without manual focus, as the autofocus system gets confused by the dark smoky grey colour of the body.

This is one great looking pleco - L91 Three Beacon. They always hide when I get the camera up, but I managed one good shot.

L75 - Pekolita sabaji - couldn't him to get his dorsal up

My one remaining L200a Baryancistrus demantoides . This guy is the limey yellow one that I like so very much.

#20 ·
Ok, a final parting shots.

L226 male with orange/grey colouration as compared to that brownish female

The best shot I could get of the L152 pineapple.

L190 Royal

And finally a full tank layout shot:

#21 ·
I lied. I fed them shrimp pellets and HBH soft and moist and EVERYONE came out, so a few more shots.

L273 - Titanicas! There's an L091 next to him

Another view - they have a unique way of moving with their tails up, just like cats.

Best shot of the Royal to date.

Gravid L264 Sultan

I have a feeding video that I'll post up after dinner.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.