Great service! - Page 2
Follow us on...
Follow us on Twitter Follow us on Facebook
Register

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
Results 11 to 20 of 48
Like Tree76Likes

Great service!

This is a discussion on Great service! within the Mr. Pet's forums, part of the Sponsors category; This is painful. Forums are free and have rules, don't like the rules don't use the forum. If you have ...

  1. #11
    Mr Know It all Rastapus's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    Coquitlam/Vanuatu
    Posts
    3,138

    Default

    This is painful. Forums are free and have rules, don't like the rules don't use the forum. If you have a disagreement with a member should one start a thread about that too? This forum is intended mainly for the free exchange of information on aquarium keeping, why is it so difficult to enjoy it for that?
    Diztrbd1, Algae Beater and dZilla like this.
    www.islandpets.ca
    Self proclaimed "Buffer crusader!" "Anti cyanide crusader!"

  2. Remove Advertisements
    BCAquaria.com
    Advertisements
     

  3. #12
    Sponsor April's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    4097 Hastings st. Burnaby bc Aprils aquarium
    Posts
    3,998

    Default

    I'm sure all stores can get some criticism. Most store owners care about their fish ,hence they decided to open a pet store. Quality control is an ongoing thing. Sometimes tanks crash etc . It happens to individuals tanks..with one or two. Stores have many tanks to keep running well. I'd say most do well.
    Maybe the employee was told not to sell the plants yet. No idea. Unless something serious..I'd say it's still better to speak to the owner if you have an issue.
    Even Fraser. They are importers. Some bags of fish come in bad. You have two choices. Lose the whole tank full or try to treat and save some.Hence coloured water.




    ---
    I am here: http://maps.google.com/maps?ll=49.235455,-123.185193
    budahrox and thefishwife like this.

  4. #13
    Forum Guru
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    Vancouver/Strathcona - I have my travel bubble
    Posts
    1,391

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Diztrbd1 View Post
    I can agree with just about everything posted. But for the record When I originally posted that thread aboutthe place on Fraser, I DID NOT put their name in it. Alot of people wanted to know who it was & since no mods seemed to have problem with it , I said who it was! I got plenty of bs from a select few members for posting it & it was eventually taken down. But now it's ok to post "bad experiences"?? I find that pretty lame, I also find it lame that a store refuses to sell a plant , for whatever reason, someone calls it a bad experience! If it were a sick fish instead of a plant it would be a different story though eh? Walking into a store with an unfriendly atmosphere soon as you walk in and seeing a hundred overstocked, cloudy tanks full of dead fish and sick 6" FRT's in a fluval edge IMO is much more of a bad experience than a store that refused to sell a couple plants! As for the SPCA going there....they were selling illegal turtles illegally, then yes he got what he deserved imo. Either way that was a different thread and it got shut down for whatever reason and wasn't even a sponsor. I never flamed or "slammed" them, I simply expressed my "experience and opinion" and got made to feel like crap for doing so! And now getting to relive that feeling again. Seriously , either you are against it or for but make up your minds please. I totally agree with Dons last comment. I personally feel they should both be allowed, but thats surely not how a few members felt over my "experience or opinion" of a certain store. Being or not being a sponsor didn't make a difference on that one.
    I still think your post whatever your intention ending up being very one sided and slammed the store without your first talking to the store manager. Another approach would be to just never go back to the store again. That's what I do with the Mr. Pet's on commercial and 1st Ave. because that store has the worst fish section ever. I express my opinion by not giving them my business, if enough people do that, they will go out of business but slamming Fraser Aquarium without talking to the store manager first is no worse than insulting a sponsor without trying to resolve the problem with them first, at least it is in my opinion.

    As April pointed out, if he just received a shipment of fish and his only tanks were the display tanks, where would he put any sick or dying fish while trying to save them. Maybe they just arrived and he hadn't had a chance to do water changes yet and that was the water from the bag. He didn't get an oppurtunity to explain, just got slammed in a forum in public.
    Last edited by josephl; 02-04-2012 at 12:56 PM.

  5. #14
    Forum Guru sunshine_1965's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Location
    Maple Ridge
    Posts
    1,459

    Default

    Rule 1: Every member who chooses to post and view this board must agree to respect every member who is a part of this forum. Everyone is entitled to their opinions and everyone is entitled to voice their opinions. Personal attacks are frowned upon, so do not do it!
    gklaw likes this.
    10G Shrimp Tank. (RCS & Yellows) BNP's.
    20G creamsicle lyretail mollies,Sword-tails.
    90G 12+ Assorted BNP's, 1 Flower-horn,6 Rotkiel Sevrums & 4 short bodied Pearl-scale cichlids.
    135G 10 regular pearlscale cichlids, 3 salvini cichlid,1 Jaguar cichlid,1 Green terror,1 Jack Dempsey,2 Blood Parrots & a High fin spotted pleco.
    27G Discus 1 Red Melon & 2 Refraction D Crosses.


    240th near Dewdney trunk rd
    East Maple Ridge

    Paul

  6. #15
    Forum Resident Aquaman's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    in the FREEZING NORTH ;-)
    Posts
    916

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Rastapus View Post
    This is painful. Forums are free and have rules, don't like the rules don't use the forum. If you have a disagreement with a member should one start a thread about that too? This forum is intended mainly for the free exchange of information on aquarium keeping, why is it so difficult to enjoy it for that?
    They have the buyer seller ratings for that....

    Quote Originally Posted by jobber604 View Post
    Members lacks good forum etiquette, lack of respect, lack of respect of the forum rules, lack common sense.
    Couldn't agree with you more or less......Your first word should of been SOME ...


    Quote Originally Posted by Diztrbd1 View Post
    I can agree with just about everything posted. But for the record When I originally posted that thread aboutthe place on Fraser, I DID NOT put their name in it. Alot of people wanted to know who it was & since no mods seemed to have problem with it , I said who it was! I got plenty of bs from a select few members for posting it & it was eventually taken down. But now it's ok to post "bad experiences"?? I find that pretty lame, I also find it lame that a store refuses to sell a plant , for whatever reason, someone calls it a bad experience! If it were a sick fish instead of a plant it would be a different story though eh? Walking into a store with an unfriendly atmosphere soon as you walk in and seeing a hundred overstocked, cloudy tanks full of dead fish and sick 6" FRT's in a fluval edge IMO is much more of a bad experience than a store that refused to sell a couple plants! As for the SPCA going there....they were selling illegal turtles illegally, then yes he got what he deserved imo. Either way that was a different thread and it got shut down for whatever reason and wasn't even a sponsor. I never flamed or "slammed" them, I simply expressed my "experience and opinion" and got made to feel like crap for doing so! And now getting to relive that feeling again. Seriously , either you are against it or for but make up your minds please. I totally agree with Dons last comment. I personally feel they should both be allowed, but thats surely not how a few members felt over my "experience or opinion" of a certain store. Being or not being a sponsor didn't make a difference on that one.
    Yes there was no name stated other than it being on Fraser st....( Didn't make a difference ) Kinda like the Betta cup thread ....never mentioned who but the whining and for lack of a better word pissing that evolved was based on way less info . This was about the thread not you my friend .

    Quote Originally Posted by April View Post
    I'm sure all stores can get some criticism. Most store owners care about their fish ,hence they decided to open a pet store. Quality control is an ongoing thing. Sometimes tanks crash etc . It happens to individuals tanks..with one or two. Stores have many tanks to keep running well. I'd say most do well.
    Maybe the employee was told not to sell the plants yet. No idea. Unless something serious..I'd say it's still better to speak to the owner if you have an issue.
    Even Fraser. They are importers. Some bags of fish come in bad. You have two choices. Lose the whole tank full or try to treat and save some.Hence coloured water.




    ---
    I am here: Google Maps


    Oh April ....YOU ROCK

  7. #16
    Forum Resident budahrox's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    Port Moody
    Posts
    925

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Rastapus View Post
    This is painful. Forums are free and have rules, don't like the rules don't use the forum. If you have a disagreement with a member should one start a thread about that too? This forum is intended mainly for the free exchange of information on aquarium keeping, why is it so difficult to enjoy it for that?
    Fine but keep the playing level for ALL participants.
    If we're not going to discuss LFS then don't talk about it good or bad.
    Things can't be one sided, should one have to PM a LFS to let them know they were happy with service??
    No way, you don't have a problem with positive comments, but if you have a bad experience lets keep it hidden & talk privately.
    That's called respect right??? How about respecting this membership & our rights to discuss things good or bad. It's not perfect but it's real. When did things change so drastically on this forum that our tongues & thoughts have to be controlled for fear of sponsors???
    That's really what's painful. I guess not for you though, just a few more minor adjustments and Mission Accomplished!

  8. #17
    Mr Know It all Rastapus's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    Coquitlam/Vanuatu
    Posts
    3,138

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by budahrox View Post
    Fine but keep the playing level for ALL participants.
    If we're not going to discuss LFS then don't talk about it good or bad.
    Things can't be one sided, should one have to PM a LFS to let them know they were happy with service??
    No way, you don't have a problem with positive comments, but if you have a bad experience lets keep it hidden & talk privately.
    That's called respect right??? How about respecting this membership & our rights to discuss things good or bad. It's not perfect but it's real. When did things change so drastically on this forum that our tongues & thoughts have to be controlled for fear of sponsors???
    That's really what's painful. I guess not for you though, just a few more minor adjustments and Mission Accomplished!

    Forums grow with positive input and contribution by members and sponsors alike. They also grow by word of mouth. You wont find too many sponsors or non sponsor store owners promoting a forum that freely slams stores over the smallest thing. Even better is when someone criticizes a non sponsor without the store even being aware and unable to give their side of the story. Every disagreement has two versions. I am really curious if the members on this forum that are so inclined to complain have ever worked retail? A store can be absolutely flawless but there will always be someone that can find something to complain about. It boils down to respect, if a member wishes to disrespect a store operator weather it is a sponsor or not, without first taking the issue to management or ownership, IMO is someone who likely simply likes to complain. I have had many bad experiences myself within the service industry but I have never boycotted a business over the actions of one employee. Consistent issues and poor conditions then yes eventually I cave and take my business elsewhere. I certainly don't seek out a public outlet to vent my anger but hey, we are all different. You refer to mission accomplished, I don't have a mission other then providing relevant advice, in a welcoming environment. Some people just love to complain, such is life.
    www.islandpets.ca
    Self proclaimed "Buffer crusader!" "Anti cyanide crusader!"

  9. #18
    Forum Guru sunshine_1965's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Location
    Maple Ridge
    Posts
    1,459

    Default

    You are right some people just love nothing more but to complain. I have been in retail most of my life so I have been on both sides of the counter. What aggravated me the most about this LFS was that I had the Maple Ridge location call them to make sure that they had what I was looking for. If they were unable to sell them then why did they say that they had lots. Time is money and I did not enjoy driving round trip for nothing. The girl at the store could have said to me that these plants are not ready to go but I could call you when I can sell them. She was more interested in going back to talk to her friends. I did not say I would not go back but I would not go out of my way again to go there. IMO if this was such an issue why have we not heard anything from MR. Pets. (good or bad)
    10G Shrimp Tank. (RCS & Yellows) BNP's.
    20G creamsicle lyretail mollies,Sword-tails.
    90G 12+ Assorted BNP's, 1 Flower-horn,6 Rotkiel Sevrums & 4 short bodied Pearl-scale cichlids.
    135G 10 regular pearlscale cichlids, 3 salvini cichlid,1 Jaguar cichlid,1 Green terror,1 Jack Dempsey,2 Blood Parrots & a High fin spotted pleco.
    27G Discus 1 Red Melon & 2 Refraction D Crosses.


    240th near Dewdney trunk rd
    East Maple Ridge

    Paul

  10. #19
    Mr Know It all Rastapus's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    Coquitlam/Vanuatu
    Posts
    3,138

    Default

    Overall I think this forum has come a long way since its early years. There is very good exchange of valuable information and I am glad that I can say I have contributed to that. In reference to John's post before, yes that one could have been handled differently as well but it was verging on cruelty to animals which is fairly serious, particularly when we are dealing with a protected species.
    I don't see the "fear of sponsors" connection, this is really an issue of mutual respect and taking disagreements to the store in question directly rather then piping off about a bad experience which often ends up being a misunderstanding in the first place. Both times I have spoken up about this topic, IPU has not even been the target. I could have just let this run its course but that would be unfair to the sponsor and also damaging a forum that has done a lot of good for BC hobbyists.
    www.islandpets.ca
    Self proclaimed "Buffer crusader!" "Anti cyanide crusader!"

  11. #20
    Premium Member Slopster's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    Cloverdale
    Posts
    650

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by josephl View Post
    I still think your post whatever your intention ending up being very one sided and slammed the store without your first talking to the store manager. Another approach would be to just never go back to the store again. That's what I do with the Mr. Pet's on commercial and 1st Ave. because that store has the worst fish section ever. I express my opinion by not giving them my business, if enough people do that, they will go out of business but slamming Fraser Aquarium without talking to the store manager first is no worse than insulting a sponsor without trying to resolve the problem with them first, at least it is in my opinion.

    As April pointed out, if he just received a shipment of fish and his only tanks were the display tanks, where would he put any sick or dying fish while trying to save them. Maybe they just arrived and he hadn't had a chance to do water changes yet and that was the water from the bag. He didn't get an oppurtunity to explain, just got slammed in a forum in public.
    Were not talking about Fraser Aquarium at hand here so IMHO that should be dropped all togeather,That thread is old and dead move on people, if not your just going to open up a huge can of smashed Aholes....Keep to the thread that was posted... Nuff said..
    Diztrbd1 and budahrox like this.
    Plecoholics Anonymous Member #22




    40G Community

    80G Africian mixed

    90G African mixed
    4 10G Egg Tumbling tanks
    2 10G Albino Bristlenose Pleco Breeding trio's


    40G Grow out
    30G Reef Bio Cube.

 

 
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast


Similar Threads

  1. Great fish, great plants, great deals
    By szavi in forum Vancouver Aquatic Hobbyist Society
    Replies: 6
    Last Post: 05-18-2011, 11:07 PM
  2. Great service
    By skynoch in forum Canadian Aquatics
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 06-17-2010, 10:56 AM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
Vancouver Website Hosting Chilliwack Website Design