Great service! - Page 3
Follow us on...
Follow us on Twitter Follow us on Facebook
Register

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
Like Tree76Likes

Great service!

This is a discussion on Great service! within the Mr. Pet's forums, part of the Sponsors category; Originally Posted by Rastapus Forums grow with positive input and contribution by members and sponsors alike. They also grow by ...

Quote Originally Posted by Rastapus View Post
    Forums grow with positive input and contribution by members and sponsors alike. They also grow by word of mouth. You wont find too many sponsors or non sponsor store owners promoting a forum that freely slams stores over the smallest thing. Even better is when someone criticizes a non sponsor without the store even being aware and unable to give their side of the story. Every disagreement has two versions. I am really curious if the members on this forum that are so inclined to complain have ever worked retail? A store can be absolutely flawless but there will always be someone that can find something to complain about. It boils down to respect, if a member wishes to disrespect a store operator weather it is a sponsor or not, without first taking the issue to management or ownership, IMO is someone who likely simply likes to complain. I have had many bad experiences myself within the service industry but I have never boycotted a business over the actions of one employee. Consistent issues and poor conditions then yes eventually I cave and take my business elsewhere. I certainly don't seek out a public outlet to vent my anger but hey, we are all different. You refer to mission accomplished, I don't have a mission other then providing relevant advice, in a welcoming environment. Some people just love to complain, such is life.
    As a matter of fact I have worked retail and owned several business's that was comitted to public service, one business we owned many yr's ago at it's peak i had over 60 employees's with an average customer turn around of 200-350 a day. So yes I do know what it's like to hear good and BAD comments and I believe in a forum such as this there should be no shutting the door on bad experiances or comments made to any business, this is how we learn and hopefully a change will come from it if not than said business in question isn't really into changing there ways.
    I believe that if we are allowed to give a rating of good experiances then you have to let the BAD ones go too.
    Like I said in one of my earlier posts, if someone has a problem with any of my fish or products I have no problem with any comment made to me or about me, like I said we learn from our mistakes..
    Cheers.
    Rob.

2. Remove Advertisements
    BCAquaria.com
    Advertisements

Super Moderator SeaHorse_Fanatic's Avatar

Rule 8: You may not flame any local fish stores. You may state your opinions of them, but comments such as "X sucks, don't buy from them" will not be tolerated.

Bashing LFS without giving management a chance to rectify the situation is unfair and serves little purpose. OK. So you didn't like something about the store. Did you talk to someone in charge to see if they would improve/change it? Isn't that the first step to promoting positive change? If you did and then come on the forum and state what happened to let members be the judge, that's one thing. If you did not give them a chance to make things better, that's a totally different situation.

If a thread bashing an LFS is closed for breaking the rules, get over it. The old thread was left up for long enough so members could read and decide if they want to go to that shop and check it out for themselves. It was also going downhill fast and if the OP's intentions was to warn members, then fine, members were warned. Done, and it was closed quite a while ago.

Every forum has its rules. If you are uncertain about them, please look them up. Rule 8 is what applies in this case.

Bashing the store and the OP in this thread is highly disrespectful and does nothing to help promote this hobby or yourself or this forum.

Please, if you don't like the store, fine, but at least show some common courtesy and respect for the OP and the LFS that if everyone bashes them like this would probably be out of business and then where would you go to buy your fish/supplies, etc.???

Quote Originally Posted by Slopster View Post
    Like I said in one of my earlier posts, if someone has a problem with any of my fish or products I have no problem with any comment made to me or about me, like I said we learn from our mistakes..
    Cheers.
    Rob.
    But if we allow postings like this where no effort was made to contact you first to see if you will rectify the situation, you wouldn't get mad about being called out in public without a chance to first make things right???? (ie. Someone buys a fish, it dies, they don't say anything to you, but instead they start a thread saying never to buy from you because your fish are terrible)

I would imagine that a very public mud-flinging contest (ie. drama thread) would ensue.

That is all that is being asked for. Let the store first have a chance to make things right instead of just bashing them when there may be a very good explanation for what happened. As several others have stated, this is about respect.

Just because people are used to posting whatever they feel like on a public forum, does not mean that common courtesy should become extinct.
    Last edited by SeaHorse_Fanatic; 02-04-2012 at 02:23 PM.

5. Remove Advertisements
    BCAquaria.com
    Advertisements

4097 Hastings st. Burnaby bc Aprils aquarium

The other option is a
    Feedback section. Firsthand experience only . No added comments from others not involved and moderated.
    Posted facts cordially .

This is what Is done on another forum .
    Forums can be charged with legal action for defamation of character .
    If
    Mr mr. Pets called and they said they had lots then I understand your frustration. Unless she started looking and realized the stems were rotting at the roots. Which happens and instead said they hadn't rooted yet.
    monkE likes this.

Forum Guru
    Vancouver/Strathcona - I have my travel bubble

That's it exactly, deal with the store first, get a good explanation for what happened so you have both sides than if you can't resolve, posting is appropriate

Quote Originally Posted by Slopster View Post
    As a matter of fact I have worked retail and owned several business's that was comitted to public service, one business we owned many yr's ago at it's peak i had over 60 employees's with an average customer turn around of 200-350 a day. So yes I do know what it's like to hear good and BAD comments and I believe in a forum such as this there should be no shutting the door on bad experiances or comments made to any business, this is how we learn and hopefully a change will come from it if not than said business in question isn't really into changing there ways.
    I believe that if we are allowed to give a rating of good experiances then you have to let the BAD ones go too.
    Cheers.
    Rob.

So Rob, regarding your previous business, if it were connected to a forum such as in this situation, you would have no issue when a disgruntled customer bashing you on the net without first taking it up with management? With over 60 employees, a customer openly bashing your business based on the actions of one employee would not irk you in the slightest? Behind most businesses is an owner dedicated to his customers, this issue is really about respect. It is also a little more of a unique situation being hobby based, there are store owners and staff on this forum contributing to the hobby as a whole in BC, many in their spare time. IMO a little respect to that process is due in simply following up with management first prior to publicly slandering the store. As you say, they could learn by their mistakes if this indeed was a mistake but why not give them the opportunity with a conversation rather then this?
    www.islandpets.ca
    Self proclaimed "Buffer crusader!" "Anti cyanide crusader!"

Mr Know It all

Seriously people, quit jumping on the band wagon. I did visit, my wife has two beautiful blue moscow mix guppies thanks to it. They had like 4 people at the fish tanks and after noticing we wanted fish, when they were done they actually found me in the aisles. Why am i not allowed to state i had a good visit? it was a lot better than the time my son peed on their floor >.< When someone does very well i'll mention it, if its meh service i keep quiet, if its horrible service or there's issues i contact the store. If they persist with bad issues then i will give negative feedback. People seem to forget that it takes a hell of a lot to overcome negative feed back, and even at the stores i've been to and like the most, i've had a couple bad experiences. Most sponsors here (if not all) take a sponsorship here because they care about their stores image and act responsibly (with limited to none financial gain) but things can still happen in their stores out of their control. All it takes is one employee slacking to have dead fish, or one bad batch of fish from a breeder. It also only takes a couple employees chattering at the wrong time to lose customers. What makes the store decent is their customer service in conflict resolution and addressing concerns in staffing. Now my thread had nothing to do with the other negative one, although i read it, and shook my head a bit, i refrained from joining that bandwagon of hating and trolling. Now if many of you people keep up this behaviour, we will lose sponsors here, meaning less prize draws, less forum upgrades and possibly jeopardizing a future BCA auction. I am not saying don't post negative feed back, im saying think before you post it, have you done your end of the bargain. Did you bring concerns forth to the employee(s), the on the floor manager, the owner/department head (or even on site here if they are on a sponsor). If so and you feel the issue wasn't addressed properly, then leave your feedback afterwards.

that is all, Really cant believe a simple positive feedback generated 3 pages of replies.
    Diztrbd1 likes this.
    33G Reef || 20G Chain Loach Tank || 9.8G Twin Tanks || 2.5G Nano Tank
    Neven's Planted Addiction
    Neven's 33G Reef!

Well said Neven.

One Question do the owners of MR.Pets come on to this Forum??? If so then I guess all comments will be read, I was under the assumption that they do frequent these forums,If not then I must applogize and yes Management should have been seeked out by myself (can't say for the OP of this Thread) but me then yes.
    Trust me I'm not a Hater or someone that goes out of his way to Say Slanderous comments about any business. As I'm sure there were no Slandering in my Post, I was merely pointing out Problems in the store that I saw, if it was taken as being Slanderous then once again I must Applogize, that was not my intention.
    And Rastapus no it would not Irk me in any way, as I do not read any Bashing what so ever in my post. To me bashing is saying the place was an absolute #$@% hole when in fact it is very nice and clean and in no way should any one go there YADDA YADDA YADDA, To me that's Bashing, not pointing out things.
    I'm sure this Thread will go on for some time as people see things differantly and no one will see eye to eye on certain discussions thats what makes life great and fun as long as we as a whole do not take it to another level and start to do damage..

Cheers..
    Rob..
    budahrox and e8c8k6ic like this.

Wow. I cant believe someone saying something nice about a LFS could stir up so much emotion. Since the original post was about me I feel the need to write something. First of all, if you have never been to Mr Pets in Poco, than saying these posts are fake is ridiculous . I am new to Mr Pets and over the past few months I have personally worked my butt off purely for the joy of fish keeping and to help YOU the customer, have a better fish tank. I have talked with countless customers and told many of them to check out Bc Aquaria. So don't be surprised if you see more people write nice things about the store and me on here. Hopefully that doesn't offend anyone else because I really enjoy it. Its nice to get noticed. It makes me want to work harder. So thank you everyone that has come in and talked with me. I am a people person and truely enjoy talking fish facts with customers. I have helped so many people that having a few of them write nice things about their visit to the store is very rewarding. I spend countless hours reading facts on fish just so I can answer as many questions as I can correctly. If you are so self centered that reading nice things about a LFS t upsets you that much, than I feel sorry for you. You are missing out on a great thing. People sharing knowledge, and experiences at a fish store. It cant get any better than that.

Cheers and happy fish keeping!!!

Justin
    josephl likes this.

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast