Great service! - Page 5
Follow us on...
Follow us on Twitter Follow us on Facebook
Register

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345
Like Tree76Likes

Great service!

This is a discussion on Great service! within the Mr. Pet's forums, part of the Sponsors category; Originally Posted by Mr. Pet's I just wanted to let you know we have created a policy to sell all ...

Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Pet's View Post
    I just wanted to let you know we have created a policy to sell all plants for future regardless the condition. The salesperson will just write on the back of the receipt, "no guarantee on plants".

Sorry for the delay in my response, I do visit the forums. I recently subscribed to this forum so that I will get emails whenever there is a post and it will speed up my response time.
    hi Greg,

Just so you know, majority opinion is that your staff person acted in good faith, and that there's no animosity towards Mr Pets. And, as Anthony pointed out, the original poster thought s/he was posting in a private forum, and didn't intend to make the encounter public.

best regards, Storm

2. Remove Advertisements
    BCAquaria.com
    Advertisements

Quote Originally Posted by gklaw View Post
    If my wife attacks the first time I forgot the anniversary of left my socks on the couch, there is a good chance I could have the the whole house to myself - big fish rooms everywhere, yippeeee !
    Every time I read this I laugh. Too funny. Im glad im not the only one who thinks like this. The whole house to myself and filled with fish tanks, YIPEEEEEE!!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by SeaHorse_Fanatic View Post
    And Justin, again, thanks for doing a great job. I don't live anywhere nearby and do mostly sw, otherwise I'd be tempted to go to your store just to see if what all the fuss (positive praise for your attitude and helpfulness) is all about.
    Well, I guess there is a downfall for all the things people have said about me. Other aquarists who know more than me might start stopping by to test me. LOL. Now im under pressure. Yikes!! BC Aquaria is part of the reason why people are thanking me. It got me excited about fish tanks again plus everyone on here has giving me and everyone else so much more knowledge. Its awesome!!!! I no longer have a SW tank but im always up for learning more about them. Koi ponds aswell if anyone out there wants to share their knowledge with me. So, if you are ever out this way feel free to stop bye. I would gladly listen to what ever tricks or advice you have to offer.

Also while I was reading everyones comments on here about the latest issue of not being able to write negative things or positive. I thought to my self. We all need to sit back, relax and enjoy our fish tanks. We shouldnt let the reason we are all on here tear us apart.

Cheers and Happy fish keeping!!!!

Justin

Forum Guru

The way I see it is yes members should be allowed to give their opinions about an lfs they visited and we allow it as long as it doesn't start going south. Look at how long this thread has been going, it is nice to see a civil debate. I myself have had a couple emails to close this but won't because it is remaining civil. Problem is the debates don't always remain civil. We get members emailing us saying it's been long enough and close said thread, then when we do we get complaints that we closed it. Really really hard to keep everyone happy. None of these threads that have been moved are deleted, they just appear that way for the rest of the members. We do have a holding pen that we move questionable threads to, and we could re open then at any time. We have said many times that we support heated civil debates as long as no one starts name calling and what not and well there are some people on this board and all over life that tend to speak before they think and we have to try and control that. We have all kinds of walks of life here and different levels of maturity whether young or old. That other thread about Mr. Pets was mainly closed because the OP asked for it to be closed and wasn't expecting it to go the way it did so we closed it. If the OP hadn't asked for it to be closed we would've simply removed the offending posts like we always do. As a mod it gets tough to even enjoy this site anymore because anything we do seems to get questioned, we know that the majority of the members here appreciate what we do.
    135g - community
    60g Diamond - brackish tank with 2 Figure 8's,dragon goby, and 4 orange chromides

Homer the Fahaka
    http://www.bcaquaria.com/forum/membe...july-27-a-852/

www.thepufferforum.com

5. Remove Advertisements
    BCAquaria.com
    Advertisements

Forum Beginner

Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Pet's View Post
    I just wanted to let you know we have created a policy to sell all plants for future regardless the condition. The salesperson will just write on the back of the receipt, "no guarantee on plants".
    My money is on someone else coming to complain that staff sold them a plant that was in bad condition (had no roots), it died, and they couldn't get their money back. You can't win. Just kidding.

Quote Originally Posted by sunshine_1965 View Post
    Rule 1: Every member who chooses to post and view this board must agree to respect every member who is a part of this forum. Everyone is entitled to their opinions and everyone is entitled to voice their opinions. Personal attacks are frowned upon, so do not do it!
    I find this amusing for you to have posted this. Trying to figure out why you even posted it on this thread. Was just thinking about that rule, I have been reading 3 different threads that have come up due to your ability to not respect the very same rule! This all started because you posted a thread titled "bad experience" in a sponsor section. It was greeted with a few quick negative replies(none of which were personal attacks in the least before you decided to try and close it and couldn't) and rather than feeling wrong for posting it as it was greeted negatively, you wanted it closed as quick as you posted it. I missed the comment that got it closed apparently. I think it is safe to say you started that thread as a negative experience of the particular LFS. It was meant to be in the open for all to see. I do not believe that you thought you was sending a PM or posting anything in private with said sponsor as I know you have replied to threads in the sponsor sections and know they are not just between the poster and them. I also know that you know how to post a thread as well as send a PM which are both different processes. Besides that if you sent a PM you would most likely sign your name at the bottom if you were expecting some kind of resolution....there was nothing of the sort in your post. Nor , if memory serves me correctly, do I remember you saying anything at all about

What aggravated me the most about this LFS was that I had the Maple Ridge location call them to make sure that they had what I was looking for. If they were unable to sell them then why did they say that they had lots. Time is money and I did not enjoy driving round trip for nothing. The girl at the store could have said to me that these plants are not ready to go but I could call you when I can sell them. She was more interested in going back to talk to her friends."

,as you posted earlier in this thread, though maybe you did. The only real info you provided, that I remember, was they wouldn't sell you a couple plants because they had no roots and you wasted your gas. Otherwise your thread might have been greeted a little differently. IMO you just simply didn't like the comments coming back and wanted it closed (been there myself), I even told you what to do when you asked on the thread. Now a bunch of people think it was shut down as a form of censorship in the sponsors favor and a bunch of un-necessary drama has arisen. I have no problem with the reviews posted on here positive or negative, posted a dandy myself and made a couple less friends out of it I'm sure. Did I regret posting it? Maybe as much as I was glad to have posted it. I was trying to provide/share my experience through a "virtual tour", so to speak, for my fellow hobbyist. Maybe it was the wrong way, maybe it wasn't ....whose to say. I didn't back out and jump some bandwagon after it was shut down. Believe me, though it seemed alot more appreciated/agreed with it, there were several who disagreed and posted plenty of negativity about my thread. Now thanks to the thread that you had closed we have a bunch of un-necessary drama because some members think it was shut down for other reasons. In the meantime, Nevens (what may have been genuine) good review has turned into one big debate over negative reviews against sponsors while you just sit back and read it all without a care in the world. On the bright side...you can go back and buy all the un-rooted(possibly unhealthy) plants you want. You might even give them just a touch of praise in the fact that they were honest and concentrating on selling you something of better quality (most of us would respect that) and even changed a store policy just for you. They were kind enough to reply on here and let you know and you have yet to respond with a thank you, KMA or anything. Maybe it took a couple days , as I am sure they don't live on here like some of us, but they did reply!
    Maybe next time you post a thread of such, you should 1) respect the same rule your preaching (or whatever it was supposed to be) in this instance ! 2) make sure it's a Pm if you don't want the whole forum seeing it and replying! That's my 2 cents on this whole thing!

Time to close this thread - it's getting personal !
    26G Bow front Reef
    14G Gold fish
    5G empty
    Fluval Spec Betta

your probably right, though I don't feel that was personal, sorry if you think it is. I like to think of it as my opinion. If he can post the rules, he apparently has read them and can certainly respect them as much as any other member on the forum....kinda tired of all the drama that particular thread created since it was closed as request by it's OP

Forum Novice

I love this website, and the information and the ability to ask/answer questions in the forums, meet people, trade information/fish/equipment. I find it baffling that a group of what I'd like to believe is adults, can not help themselves but to comment on a post (and comment in a negative way) on someone's positive review of a place. I've went to any business a number of times, and its not always 5/5 stars. I find it astounding that adults have to insist that something isn't true (essentially calling the OP a liar in not so many different words), or to bring back past experiences that have obviously already been discussed in past threads.

I was going to write some things on if I think we should post LFS 'negative' experiences or not but I don't run this website, I have done so (not this website lol) in the past and its a juggling act that has many pointy edges.

There are many websites that allow people to post experiences on actual business in other places
    Yelp
    Google reviews
    better business bureau
    to name a few.

That is all

I will be taking my two cents and leaving lol

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345