Tropica Nano C02 System - Page 2
Follow us on...
Follow us on Twitter Follow us on Facebook
Register

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Like Tree6Likes

Tropica Nano C02 System

This is a discussion on Tropica Nano C02 System within the Planted Tank Specific forums, part of the Aquarium Related Chat category; About $8 at the paintball store in New Westminster called Badlands.I would just get a 5lb co2 tank and regulator ...

About $8 at the paintball store in New Westminster called Badlands.I would just get a 5lb co2 tank and regulator if you can afford it.In the long run you will not regret it.Paintball often have co2 leaking issues and the regulators are almost the same price as the regular size co2 tank.You also don't have to refill them all the time.I have used both and had no issues with a 5 lb tank and normal tank regulator.I bought mine at J&L Aquatics.You are also limited to were you can refill the paintball canister.You also wait longer for the fillup if the owner is dealing with another customer.
    Dou and _noob like this.
    75 gallon planted community tank
    25 gallon planted,dwarf chiclids,pencil fish,tetras
    16 gallon Bushynose Pleco
    Aquastyle 9 planted shrimp
    6 gallon Starphire
    Aqueoun 8 cube shrimp tank
    7 gallon bow front shrimp tank
    Top fin 3 gallon shrimp tank
    Mr Aqua 12 planted tank
    Aqueoun 2 shrimp tank
    Top fin 5 gallon shrimp tank

2. Remove Advertisements
    BCAquaria.com
    Advertisements

Dou

DefaultTropica Nano C02 System

If you're serious about a planted tank, you won't regret getting a co2 cylinder and regulator with solenoid =). I completely agree with Jousters. I do my hydro testing and co2 refilling at ACME Fire Safety or Pat from Canadian Aquatics

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Forum Beginner

Thanks, didn't know about Badlands, good to know I can fill up there for a decent price. For my small 6 gallon tank I'm thinking of aquateck mini which comes with the regulator/solenoid and buy the Tropica 3/1 diffuser separately.

5. Remove Advertisements
    BCAquaria.com
    Advertisements

Forum Beginner

Update - Amazon stopped stocking the aquatek mini c02 regulator recently so I picked up the tropica nano system. I'm hoping to find an adapter so I can use the tropica regulator and a paintball system to avoid the expensive co2 bottles. Anyone know what adapter fits and use the tropica nano?

Forum Beginner

LOL, amazon started stocking the aquatek mini again .... oh well I'll see how the tropica nano system goes and just order an adapter and see if it fits to convert it. Just won't have a solenoid.

Forum Beginner

Update - well here's my take on the tropica nano plant growth system. It's expensive but I found on one sale which helped. This was my first attempt at pressurized c02 and considered the aquatek mini paintball regulator but after reading some negative reviews decided to hold off on that Amazon purchase.

The tropica system didn't have any instructions, although I had watched the video online, it's pretty easy to set up. I soaked the ceramic diffuser for 24 hours as it suggested, the first day I got a ton of large bubbles and was worried it had a leak, I adjusted it several times but still very large bubbles. However it seems it just needed more time to saturate as 72 hours later it's nothin but tiny micro bubbles. I have found the sweet spot to get the bubble count I want, I took a jiffy marker to mark the knob so I can tell what position it should be, especially because you have to turn it on/off every day.

I'm using a fluval edge 6 gallon so it's a fairly small tank. Not sure how long the tank will last but I've already looked into adapters online that I can hopefully connect to the tropica regulator to a paintball container as the tropica canisters are 30-35 bucks a piece. I read one person who said hydra aquatic paintball adapter worked for the tropica nano online so that may be my next upgrade. I will say the tiny tanks blend in nicely and don't take up a lot of space. The quality of the pieces, the 3/1 diffuser and regulator are nice.

Plants are responding well to the c02, I'm attempting hc, UG and Glosso now that I have c02.
    Mark Brown likes this.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12