Attention - Password and Security Update
Follow us on...
Follow us on Twitter Follow us on Facebook
Register

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast
Like Tree7Likes

Attention - Password and Security Update

This is a discussion on Attention - Password and Security Update within the Problems/Complaints/Suggestions forums, part of the BCA Main Navigation category; Hey all, Over the next few days we will be implementing some changes to our forum password strength and password ...

Administrator

DefaultAttention - Password and Security Update

Hey all,

Over the next few days we will be implementing some changes to our forum password strength and password expiration policies. To make sure you continue having the best experience possible on the community, we regularly monitor the site and the Internet to keep everyone's account information safe. We've recently become aware of a potential risk to some accounts coming from outside of this community. Just to be safe, we are implementing the following changes to improve security even further:

1) We are asking everyone to change their passwords (and will force a one time reset). Along with every user on the forum, new passwords will need to be more complex, and can't be simple words (sorry, you can't have "fluffy" as your password anymore!). Please use a password unique to this community. Reusing passwords can expose your account indirectly when other websites (Twitter, Linkedin, Badoo, etc) are compromised; and

2) Your passwords will expire on a 365 day basis. When you login on the 366th day, you will have to change it.

We'll also be sending out an email to users to let them know about the changes, in upcoming weeks.

Thanks all,

Helena

Community Management

2. Remove Advertisements
    BCAquaria.com
    Advertisements

Just changed my password when I read the posting. Thanks

Forum Newbie

Yes complex alright the most retarded password on the planet I have so many passwords and account and you guys think this website deserves the most complex one of all my accounts? My flippin Mastercard is easier to access! These new passwords can get bent, yes I will be changing it myself to something easiet to remember than fucjing VgZWa2's59yEW but all the hassle is a piss off. And yes there is a fucking apostrophe in it.
    TomC likes this.

Thank You my password has been changed.No problem what so ever.
    75 gallon planted community tank
    25 gallon planted,dwarf chiclids,pencil fish,tetras
    16 gallon Bushynose Pleco
    Aquastyle 9 planted shrimp
    6 gallon Starphire
    Aqueoun 8 cube shrimp tank
    7 gallon bow front shrimp tank
    Top fin 3 gallon shrimp tank
    Mr Aqua 12 planted tank
    Aqueoun 2 shrimp tank
    Top fin 5 gallon shrimp tank

Super Moderator SeaHorse_Fanatic's Avatar

Copy and paste the new password. Then go to "edit email and/or password" and redo to a new password using all the features it requires, ie. numbers, symbols, 10+ characters. The one sent by email is computer generated and not intended as your final password choice, I believe.

I thought I changed it already, BUT I guess I was wrong. It's definitely changed now !

Best regards,

Stuart
    TANKFUL IN VANCOUVER

ADDICTED TO PRESSURIZED CO2

STOP THE BELO MONTE DAM

Forum Beginner

I quite like 'fluffy'

Forum Addicted

Quote Originally Posted by 93mjxn View Post
    Yes complex alright the most retarded password on the planet I have so many passwords and account and you guys think this website deserves the most complex one of all my accounts? My flippin Mastercard is easier to access! These new passwords can get bent, yes I will be changing it myself to something easiet to remember than fucjing VgZWa2's59yEW but all the hassle is a piss off. And yes there is a fucking apostrophe in it.
    While I might have worded it a bit more diplomatically, I must say that I agree with the sentiment. This is BCAquaria for goodness sake, not a financial institution. Those who want top secret security with umpteen letters, upper case, lowercase, numbers, letters, and additional characters can still have that. But perhaps let those who want simple passwords to keep them simple. The present format seems like a bit of overkill.
    Last edited by TomC; 06-25-2016 at 03:04 PM.

It's way overkill. I seriously doubt I'll be able to remember my new one next time I log in.

4097 Hastings st. Burnaby bc Aprils aquarium

I agree. I want my regular password! Quick and simple. Not worried that much

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast