Attention - Password and Security Update - Page 6
Follow us on...
Follow us on Twitter Follow us on Facebook
Register

+ Reply to Thread
Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456
Like Tree7Likes

Attention - Password and Security Update

This is a discussion on Attention - Password and Security Update within the Problems/Complaints/Suggestions forums, part of the BCA Main Navigation category; Originally Posted by Teal'c this new password 5H!t is ridiculous. this isn't banking info or anything. Anyone else feel this ...

Super Moderator SeaHorse_Fanatic's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Teal'c View Post
    this new password 5H!t is ridiculous. this isn't banking info or anything. Anyone else feel this way?
    Everyone feels this way. Trust me, they all complain about it to ME. C'est la vie.

2. Remove Advertisements
    BCAquaria.com
    Advertisements

Unregistered

Quote Originally Posted by SeaHorse_Fanatic View Post
    Everyone feels this way. Trust me, they all complain about it to ME. C'est la vie.
    I used to AquaAddict. However, since the the mass renaming of passwords I haven't been able to log on. I have tried at least 10 different new passwords and emailed to BCA approx 5 times. No luck at all! I can't convince them that I am for real, being honest about my problem.

Used to be AquaAddict

Forum Addicted

If they aren't careful, they're going to kill the site. Passwords expire after 1 year, so we get to go through the same issue all over again.

5. Remove Advertisements
    BCAquaria.com
    Advertisements

Administrator

Aquaaddict, please create another account here for the time being so we can communicate via PM. Once we get this sorted out, I'll merge the newly created account with your old account.

Yung

Unregistered

Who can i contact about resetting a PW on my acct? Tried to login for the first time in awhile today and the PW reset did not work.

Quote Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
    Who can i contact about resetting a PW on my acct? Tried to login for the first time in awhile today and the PW reset did not work.
    wwwPetguide.com attention Yungster
    PLecoholics Anonymous Club member #16 , 2 Fluval Spec V tank's set up right now
    ​Future set up will be a planted Osaka 155 cube tank with a HOB Seachem Tidal 55 power filter, a large sponge filter and a Eheim 2236 canister filter, lighting will be a Kessil a160we Tuna Sun with a dawn to dusk Kessil Spectra controller and pressurized Co2

Forum Novice

So, I WAS rather ticked off about the symbol requirement in the passwords and was going to post the two links below as well as b!tch and complain about it, but then I actually WATCHED the video I was going to post .

Unfortunately humans have been trained to use annoying and somewhat unsecure passwords due to password MAXIMUM lengths being rather short in the past (max 8 characters, etc). Big changes of habit are always hard, especially when it involves trying to convince people to do something that at first glance is really nothing more than an annoyance. I suppose that it does require some sort of force to actually convince the general populace to upgrade password security.

Anyways, on to the joke and the useful video (seriously, I thought my passwords were pretty secure and now I'm rethinking it...)!

This is a joke to illustrate the point: https://xkcd.com/936/

This is a useful analysis of the above xkcd comic showing that in part they are right, and in part they are not: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3NjQ9b3pgIg
    Last edited by Bunny; 01-30-2017 at 09:33 AM.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456