Marks RSM 250
Follow us on...
Follow us on Twitter Follow us on Facebook
Register

Page 1 of 14 12311 ... LastLast
Like Tree73Likes

Marks RSM 250

This is a discussion on Marks RSM 250 within the Tank Journals forums, part of the Aquarium Related Chat category; So it's a pre tank journal right now but that's OK. We are all going to be in this process ...

DefaultMarks RSM 250

So it's a pre tank journal right now but that's OK. We are all going to be in this process together, at least that's my hope, because I'm going to need some help along the way. Just got my refractometer in the mail today and it got me kind of excited about the whole thing! Feel free to drop some helpful advice you might have before I go and make the mistakes so many have made before me and save me the embarrassment

.....people did always tell me I'm salty, but I don't think this is what they meant.
    fraggalrock, Dou and Redshrimp2709 like this.

2. Remove Advertisements
    BCAquaria.com
    Advertisements

Forum Beginner

I'm so jealous, I want one so bad

Quote Originally Posted by Mark Brown View Post
    So it's a pre tank journal right now but that's OK. We are all going to be in this process together, at least that's my hope, because I'm going to need some help along the way. Just got my refractometer in the mail today and it got me kind of excited about the whole thing! Feel free to drop some helpful advice you might have before I go and make the mistakes so many have made before me and save me the embarrassment

.....people did always tell me I'm salty, but I don't think this is what they meant.
    I had a RSM 250 and they are a beautiful tank indeed, I'll talk to you more about it tomorrow and share my tips with you.
    Mark Brown likes this.
    1 Fluval Spec V tank set up right now.
    ​Future set up will be a planted Fluval Osaka 155 cube tank with a HOB Seachem Tidal 55 power filter, a large sponge filter and a Eheim 2236 canister filter, lighting will be a Kessil a160we Tuna Sun with a dawn to dusk Kessil Spectra controller and pressurized Co2

5. Remove Advertisements
    BCAquaria.com
    Advertisements

So i just came across this gem while doing some information searching, it seems to fit the bill

121.jpg

I know i had a good chuckle over it
    SeaHorse_Fanatic, The Guy and Dou like this.

Super Moderator SeaHorse_Fanatic's Avatar

The last pic even looks like its the white version of the RSM250. LOL.

Got the tank this weekend and successfully delivered to my house in one piece...phew!! Just in the process of getting her all cleaned up and filled, I'll post pictures after. No one wants to see my pain

Really excited and a big shout out to Anthony for all his help and for making it all happen.

P.S. I know we all love pictures, and I'll have lots, just right now this tank makes even me look sexy. Good thing elbow grease is in strong supply at my house!

TANK CLEANING DAY

So lads and lassies today is the day. Getting everything all scrubbed and set up. Pictures to follow this evening!
    so excited

So, I got this beauty all cleaned up and ready to rock then I sit down on my couch and start to get the jitters....

Now I'm sitting here arguing with myself about the pros and cons of saltwater trying to convince myself to go through with it all. Pro - I have literally everything a guy could want to head down this road. Con - I'm scared!!

Still not too sure what to do about it all.

Just start with the easy stuff. Sand, simple rock formation, a couple corals, a cleaner shrimp, a couple easy fish
    Mark Brown likes this.
    3gal ADA Mini S low tech: Coral moss and Cherry Shrimp
    50gal high tech planted: Ember Tetras, Cardinal Tetras, Lemon Tetras, Crossocheilus sp., Silvertip Plecos

Oooh I get it: Boy fish + Girl fish = Fry + MTS
    Plants are pretty + Various Species = Aquascaped MTS

Super Moderator SeaHorse_Fanatic's Avatar

Mark, buddy, you've gone too far to stop now. Once you have it set up, add & aquascape the dry rock and let it sit for a month or more to cycle. This will give you time to plan what you want to keep in it. I would recommend some easy soft corals (colt, green finer leathers, colourful mushrooms and green star polyps to start) and maybe a couple of clownfish. That should keep the wife & kids happy. Low bioload, low maintenance, easiest way to get started in reefing.

Anthony

Page 1 of 14 12311 ... LastLast