Marks RSM 250 - Page 10
Follow us on...
Follow us on Twitter Follow us on Facebook
Register

Page 10 of 12 FirstFirst ... 89101112 LastLast
Like Tree65Likes

Marks RSM 250

This is a discussion on Marks RSM 250 within the Tank Journals forums, part of the Aquarium Related Chat category; Well 24hours later and the clowns are eating and swimming. Check and check on fish keeping. Now to keep it ...

Well 24hours later and the clowns are eating and swimming. Check and check on fish keeping. Now to keep it that way. I am so itchy to get some corals but I'm just so scared and I don't know why!

Feeding mysis and brine shrimp to these fellows right now. Any husbandry tips or advice will always be appreciated.

Thanks for following along

2. Remove Advertisements
    BCAquaria.com
    Advertisements

Well the clowns are still doing great. They have started becoming comfortable in the tank because they venture further and further from their corner all the time and swim in peace. They began actively chasing the brine shrimp and mysis I put in for them and that makes me glad. Now to start thinking about corals.....most excellent corals!

Levels are still staying good.
    calcium 420
    salinity 1.025
    phosphate 0.01
    pH 8.2 (keeps dropping off 8.4)
    Alk 9/10
    Nitrate 10ish
    Magnesium (need test kit)

Going to do a 10% wc tomorrow, prep it tonight. Why...not too sure just seems like a good idea

Hey mark, glad fo hear the fishies are doing well in their new home!
    Thought i would share this info i acquired with you! Being a new aquarium at some point soon your going to start encountering diatoms.... and the hair algea and cyano! Super depressing to see. A local expert was telling me about red sea n03 p04 x because i am going through the cyano / hair algea stage. Its a living bacteria thats healthy for the tank and helps corals grow and produce good colors as well as eats feeds on phosphates pretty well doesent even give the algea a chance to start. Might be a good idea for your new tank! Check it out, do some reading. I started yesterday and will post pics of algea progress! Cheers

Sent from my SM-G930W8 using Tapatalk

5. Remove Advertisements
    BCAquaria.com
    Advertisements

Thanks for the heads up, I will definitely look into it. I'm not overly eager to douse anything yet.... mostly because there isn't anything going on but I am willing to bet that mentality will dissolve faster than salt mix when bad things start to happen.

On a positive note my skimmer pulled out the smallest amount of skimate yesterday. The last piece of the puzzle at long last comes together

Sent from my SM-G900W8 using Tapatalk
    Robojam likes this.

Corals are on the way!
    Time to get down and dirty. Ordered some Zoas a GSP frag and a Ponape Birdsnest frag. Let us see what happens. I wish me luck!
    I am fairly sure that this will end well, i think i know what i am doing and from doing research on-line it would appear to me there are many people going down this road before me that ran at it eyes wide shut, their mistakes will lead to my success. Being afraid has made me cautious, caution has kept me researching and the research has given me the knowledge (i hope).

Thanks fragbox !
    Last edited by Mark Brown; 1 Week Ago at 07:15 AM.
    Dou and Robojam like this.

Saddest journal update of my life.....fragbox won't ship to me because I live in the middle of nowhere. While I definitely do not hold them responsible for their shipping policy and actually caring about getting coral to people in a timely manner, I sure am heart broken. So much for that plan. So seeing as I don't really have a plan b, I'm going to go burry my head in my mixing barrel and cry.
    Dou likes this.

Forum Novice

there are at least three ads for various coral species on used Victoria right now, just saying...
    Redshrimp2709 and Mark Brown like this.

Learned another valuable life lesson today. Do NOT use the same eye dropper syringe thingy to do water tests as you use to feed brine shrimp with. While this might sound like common sense, and I'm sure it is, I got a scary wake up call at 6:30 am this morning. Going through my usual battery of water tests I thought gee...haven't looked at ammonia in a bit better check it. Well when I got readings around 1.0ppm my heart dropped. Thought to myself I better test that again! Come to find out the dropper I use to feed got misplaced with my testy dropper and well I still have 0.0 ammonia. PHEW. I was terrified however. Now the feedy one has black marker on it. Don't need that happening again
    Dou likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by Mark Brown View Post
    Saddest journal update of my life.....fragbox won't ship to me because I live in the middle of nowhere. While I definitely do not hold them responsible for their shipping policy and actually caring about getting coral to people in a timely manner, I sure am heart broken. So much for that plan. So seeing as I don't really have a plan b, I'm going to go burry my head in my mixing barrel and cry.
    Oh that sucks....Not even to Nanaimo or Comox? .. Westjet flies to both I believe

They will ship to nanaino for 20 extra dollars. That's aok with me! I have an address I can use there so I'm back on the happy train

Page 10 of 12 FirstFirst ... 89101112 LastLast