March 14, Tuesday is both the next VAHS meeting & the AGM
Follow us on...
Follow us on Twitter Follow us on Facebook
Register

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast
Like Tree23Likes

March 14, Tuesday is both the next VAHS meeting & the AGM

This is a discussion on March 14, Tuesday is both the next VAHS meeting & the AGM within the Vancouver Aquatic Hobbyist Society forums, part of the Aqua Lounge category; Will be held at Bonsor Community Center in Burnaby. Hope to see everyone there. Doors should be opened around 7ish. ...

Super Moderator SeaHorse_Fanatic's Avatar

DefaultMarch 14, Tuesday is both the next VAHS meeting & the AGM

Will be held at Bonsor Community Center in Burnaby. Hope to see everyone there. Doors should be opened around 7ish.

Anthony
    Jousters likes this.

2. Remove Advertisements
    BCAquaria.com
    Advertisements

Quote Originally Posted by SeaHorse_Fanatic View Post
    Will be held at Bonsor Community Center in Burnaby. Hope to see everyone there. Doors should be opened around 7ish.

Anthony
    Ya sure hoping for a good turn out, the club needs some people to help keep it going. I'm moving otherwise I would stay involved. If nobody steps up to help it could be the end of the VAHS auctions.
    Last edited by The Guy; 03-02-2017 at 12:02 PM.
    1 Fluval Spec V tank set up right now.
    ​Future set up will be a planted Fluval Osaka 155 cube tank with a HOB Seachem Tidal 55 power filter, a large sponge filter and a Eheim 2236 canister filter, lighting will be a Kessil a160we Tuna Sun with a dawn to dusk Kessil Spectra controller and pressurized Co2

Anthony
    REminder! come out for this important meeting at Bonsor hall March 14th the future of this club will be discussed , it's important for the hobby to continue having the VAHS around.
    ​Future set up will be a planted Fluval Osaka 155 cube tank with a HOB Seachem Tidal 55 power filter, a large sponge filter and a Eheim 2236 canister filter, lighting will be a Kessil a160we Tuna Sun with a dawn to dusk Kessil Spectra controller and pressurized Co2

5. Remove Advertisements
    BCAquaria.com
    Advertisements

is there a website? what is the club all about?

Quote Originally Posted by cgjedi View Post
    is there a website? what is the club all about?
    google Vancouver Aquatic Hobbyist Society and read all about it.
    Last edited by The Guy; 03-07-2017 at 08:14 AM.

the point was, if you guys want some more interest, you should probably give out the website.

Forum Addicted

Super Moderator SeaHorse_Fanatic's Avatar

The VAHS is a local "club" for all types of aquarists to meet together, ask questions, discuss successes or failures, and even buy some nice plants, fish, equipment at the meetings. We have members with literally 4 decades or more of fish-keeping experience who enjoy sharing their knowledge and experience with others. We have people keeping African & S.A. cichlids, planted community, brackish, sw fish-only, reefers, breeders, etc.

The biggest events are the Spring & Fall Auction held in North Van at ST. Pius X church, with several hundred items sold between 10 and 3-4pm, with a lunch break in between. Doors open around 9am to allow people to register (those who haven't preregistered) and to look at all the goodies they might want to bid on.

The meetings used to be monthly with a break in the summer but are now held every couple of months. The meetings are usually held at Bonsor Community Centre at start at 7:30pm but doors open at 7. Sometimes I host the meetings at my place.

There is now an annual VAHS bbq, which I host in my backyard in South Burnaby and it's usually in August, but that may change. Members eat and drink for free (annual membership is $20) but non-members are welcome to join and eat for a nominal fee.

Hope that answers your questions.

Anthony
    Atom and Jousters like this.

The VAHS is a local "club" for all types of aquarists to meet together, ask questions, discuss successes or failures, and even buy some nice plants, fish, equipment at the meetings. We have members with literally 4 decades or more of fish-keeping experience who enjoy sharing their knowledge and experience with others. We have people keeping African & S.A. cichlids, planted community, brackish, sw fish-only, reefers, breeders, etc.

The biggest events are the Spring & Fall Auction held in North Van at ST. Pius X church, with several hundred items sold between 10 and 3-4pm, with a lunch break in between. Doors open around 9am to allow people to register (those who haven't preregistered) and to look at all the goodies they might want to bid on.

The meetings used to be monthly with a break in the summer but are now held every couple of months. The meetings are usually held at Bonsor Community Centre at start at 7:30pm but doors open at 7. Sometimes I host the meetings at my place.

There is now an annual VAHS bbq, which I host in my backyard in South Burnaby and it's usually in August, but that may change. Members eat and drink for free (annual membership is $20) but non-members are welcome to join and eat for a nominal fee.

Hope that answers your questions.

Anthony
    Well said Anthony, I think you hit all the highlights of the club, now all we need is some folks to join in and help out to keep the club going strong for years to come.

Forum Addicted

I would suggest putting ads on Craigslist & Kijiji, especially for the auctions.
    Jousters likes this.

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast