BCA 1st Annual Auction/Speaker
Follow us on...
Follow us on Twitter Follow us on Facebook
Register

Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 ... LastLast

BCA 1st Annual Auction/Speaker

This is a discussion on BCA 1st Annual Auction/Speaker within the Aqua Lounge forums, part of the Aqua Lounge category; Hey guys, The entire time i have been part of BCA i have always wanted to do a auction. I ...

Default BCA 1st Annual Auction/Speaker

Hey guys,

The entire time i have been part of BCA i have always wanted to do a auction. I think the first even auction i attended was one that VAHC put on and it was great. I think we have a huge memberbase we could encourage to come out and sell and buy.

This thread is meant to give me information on the do's and do not's of putting on a auction. Obviously i have never been in charge of something like that and i realize alot of you have been part of that so any tips/tricks that you could share would be helpful when we do plan the 1st one we do.

I will be moving back to BC at the end of this month and would like to plan something for later this year.

Things such as:
    -where to host it / approx cost
    -How do you manage aution sellers/buyers
    -Do we take a cut of the selling price (10%) to cover costs associated with putting it on
    -Speakers, who would be good choices
    -Sponsors - should we have booths setup for sponsors to be included, and does this come at a cost, even outside sponsors such as fluval reps.. etc

Any other advice information appreciated
    http://www.topinvestingtools.com/ima...matedArrow.gif Support BCA Click HERE To Become A Donator

2. Remove Advertisements
    BCAquaria.com
    Advertisements

when to host it - don't do it on Nov. as VAHS is hosting the monster auction that month.

Manage seller/buyer - register name and a number per register. Seller can use the same register and number the items... For example, my register # with VAHS = 68. And when I have 10 items, I will do the following... 68-01, 68-02, etc. So you can record the buying/selling by 68-01, sale price, buyer register number.

- VAHS does 25% on only the sale items as the money goes to non-profitable in Brazil for donation.

- if a big auction, you don't need a speaker. A swap meet / small auction, then sure.

That's a great idea. Maybe summer would be a good idea (but short notice?), or early fall. Last year I went to VAHS and I found the gym too cold. I think warmer weather would be easier on the fish too. In the summer it could be outside somewhere to save some $ (park, school/church parking lot, somebody's big garden?) I could volunteer to help if needed.

5. Remove Advertisements
    BCAquaria.com
    Advertisements

Super Moderator SeaHorse_Fanatic's Avatar

We held a sw swapmeet/auction for mostly coral frags at my place a couple of times. Usually we had about 40 or so visitors. Held the swap meet in the back and the auction was done inside on the dining room table. It was a silent auction and 6 frags were on display & available for bidding for 30 minutes, then the winners were announced, frags paid for, and the next 6 pieces went on the table for the next silent auction.

With a new baby due in a couple of weeks, holding it here is probably not a great idea though.

^^I remember reading the thread about that. It went well, as I recall. It sounded like a cool afternoon.

DO IT SOMEWHERE OUT EAST hehe, everything is to far from here, its time to do something out this way
    or even surrey
    Having a saltwater tank without corals is like a flower garden with just sticks

Quote Originally Posted by spit.fire View Post
    DO IT SOMEWHERE OUT EAST hehe, everything is to far from here, its time to do something out this way
    or even surrey
    Majority of members are from Vancouver area so good bet it would be out that way. Hell i'm from chilliwack i'll pick ya up on the way lol
    http://www.topinvestingtools.com/ima...matedArrow.gif Support BCA Click HERE To Become A Donator

Quote Originally Posted by Nicklfire View Post
    Majority of members are from Vancouver area so good bet it would be out that way. Hell i'm from chilliwack i'll pick ya up on the way lol
    i know , and burnaby, for me its more the time that it takes to get out there and back, as far as driving goes i dont mind the distance on the bike
    Having a saltwater tank without corals is like a flower garden with just sticks

Forum God

Quote Originally Posted by spit.fire View Post
    or even surrey
    Or at least somewhere within walking distance of skytrain.

i think i might have picked out a venue... depending on the price they give back lol

Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 ... LastLast