first iphone 6 owner! see what happens :) - Page 2
Follow us on...
Follow us on Twitter Follow us on Facebook
Register

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast
Like Tree7Likes

first iphone 6 owner! see what happens :)

This is a discussion on first iphone 6 owner! see what happens :) within the Aqua Lounge forums, part of the Aqua Lounge category; Originally Posted by AccidentalAquarist Reptiles&Fish - Ouch..a bit harsh on iPhony users. I've used linux since the mid 90's so ...

Forum Novice

Quote Originally Posted by AccidentalAquarist View Post
    Reptiles&Fish - Ouch..a bit harsh on iPhony users.
    I've used linux since the mid 90's so naturally I go with android for my phone.
    But not everyone is tech savvy, at least the iPhony users didn't go with M$ bricks
    Hahaha true that. Does anyone even by Windows phones?

2. Remove Advertisements
    BCAquaria.com
    Advertisements

Forum Novice

Quote Originally Posted by JTang View Post
    When I bought my Samsung Galaxy 3 years ago, most of the people that I knew were using iPhones. Then one after another they switched to Samsung after seeing my new, big phone. Lol. The reasons why they have switched are mainly because of the bigger Samsung screen size, higher specs and lower price tag. The only iphone users that I know these days are my mother-in-law, who loves its simplicity and name brand, and couple of my co-workers who are in their 50's...

If iphone guys would have offered their fans an option of larger screen size years ago, they wouldn't have lost so many business. Unfortunately they insisted that they wouldn't go any bigger and wider since an average size person will feel discomfort holding a phone any bigger than an iphone 4. Despite loss of sales, Apple still manages to nearly triple the market capitalization of*Samsung Electronics, according to an article from several months ago... Samsung Is Undisputed King Of Smartphones; Apple Still Distant Second - Forbes
    I wonder how the screen will look on the new iPhone 6 plus with its low end specs. I think it's safe to compair it to one of the lower end big screen phones like the galaxy mega or huewai phone line. But even then I think huewai I is out doing them in specs

I still have yet to own any apple products. Currently using google nexus 5 and its awesome. I don't have difficulties plugging in my keys on the phone and its a lot cheaper than iphones. I have no hate for apple products, they are fine quality gadgets but sometimes I just think as long as my phone has all the stuff I need, I wouldn't want to spend so much. I'd rather custom built a good computer with the price tag on the newest phone.

Speaking of iphone 6, if anyone is seeking dirt cheap iphone 6 cases PM me I have some for sale 4$ BCA members
    Reptiles&Fish likes this.

5. Remove Advertisements
    BCAquaria.com
    Advertisements

Found this interesting: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ef_BznBwktw

Found this funny and actually quite sad: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rdIWKytq_q4

I feel like Apple could put their logo on some rocks and I would have no doubt people would buy it. Then for the following year, just paint the rocks in 5 different colours and you'd have a "new and improved" product.
    Thanks for all the kindness exhibited by BCA members.

I love how people find the need to slag Apple products.
    When you compare an iPhone to an "Android" phone, what are you comparing? One phone vs dozens of phones. Of course you can find better specs. It's like comparing one car with 20 cars and saying the 20 cars have more features.

Don't get caught up in comparing specs. Using the car analogy again, if I compare a domestic car to an import on specs alone, I would be led to believe that Ford is way better than Honda. Anyone who has owned both cars will tell you that it's simply not true. They are different and good/bad in their own ways, but to dismiss one as inferior based on the specs is ignorant. There are obviously other factors such as reliability, resale value, build quality etc...that are at play.

Of course people get hyped up over Apple stuff, which I find annoying, but not as annoying as the Android users needing to compare as if they need to prove how "smart" they are for not choosing Apple.

I have both an iPhone and an Samsung Galaxy and I prefer the iPhone. The fit and finish is better. It doesn't feel like plastic. The apps are better. The camera is better in real world use( specs mean nothing if it's not usable).
    I don't have to worry about malware.
    The customer support is infinitely better. If something is wrong with my phone and it can't be fixed at the store, I don't have to mail it in to get fixed, it gets replaced on the spot. Apple products are expensive, but they hold their value compared to others. I've had three iPhones since they've come out and was able to resell the first two for 50%+ what I paid. Try selling your Samsung phone after 3 years ( if it hasn't already died) and see what you get.
    Look on Craigslist if you don't believe me.
    Like I said, I use both (one is for work) and to me it's no comparison.
    I had a chance to play with my friends 6+ today and it's definitely nice. Will I run out to buy one? No, I don't need a new phone. But I wouldn't hesitate to get one if I needed a phone.

At the end of the day, it's just a tool. It's great to have choices and if you don't like it, don't buy it. But don't tell me how your (fill in the blank) is better. No one cares.

End rant.

Sorry if I sounded harsh, not directing this at anyone in particular. I never get into these types of debates because it's a no-win situation. Just fed up with all the hate.

The irony is that the annoying Android users are becoming what the annoying Apple users were 5 years ago. Elitist. Both are equally annoying.
    Someone give me a pay phone and a roll of quarters.

I didn't find it harsh at all. Your comments are valid because at the end of the day it all boils down to personal preference. Even if someone does get it JUST from the brand (which I feel like most people do), they paid for it and can spend their money however they want. Most of my relatives overseas will get hyped at just about anything new from Apple..until I show them something else that can perform equally if not better for cheaper. Yet, they still gravitate towards the Apple brand in the end. Don't even get me started on using Ipads to take notes in school..after trying my Galaxy note out, students regret their purchase but no doubt will they continue to buy the next generation Ipad.

I'm still using the Galaxy S2 and it has not failed in performance. I believe the release date was early 2011. I see most people have gravitated towards the galaxy series now but Apple will remain standing due to their marketing strategies and extremely loyal fan base.

Tazzy_toon likes this.

Forum Novice

Quote Originally Posted by deepRED View Post
    I love how people find the need to slag Apple products.
    When you compare an iPhone to an "Android" phone, what are you comparing? One phone vs dozens of phones. Of course you can find better specs. It's like comparing one car with 20 cars and saying the 20 cars have more features.
    Its not a need to slag them, it's just nice to be aware of the truth. But of course all comes down to personal preference. When comparing phones it's usually by the price range of the phone, so you aren't really comparing it to dozens of phones. When comparing by price range, any android of equal value to the iphone out does it in mostly all aspects. Even build quality. You like the aluminum finish? Well Iphones great if you like that but android has that too and you still get a whole lot more aswell, dont like it? Well then you'll have to go android. Not much choice on the apple side. People seem to think aluminum means superior build quality. Lol watch damage tests, and tell me how superior it really is. Also many androids that are medium to low end in price and specs still out do the iphone again in almost all aspects (Besides design and quality of build, but again apple had a whole generation of phones that got 0 reception because of the design.) and these lower specs and designs are atleast reflected in the price with android. So in reality an Iphone should be around a 400$ phone (And thats only because of design and build quality, throw a plastic body on a iphone and you got yourself something that shouldn't cost more then 200$.)

Don't get caught up in comparing specs. Using the car analogy again, if I compare a domestic car to an import on specs alone, I would be led to believe that Ford is way better than Honda. Anyone who has owned both cars will tell you that it's simply not true. They are different and good/bad in their own ways, but to dismiss one as inferior based on the specs is ignorant. There are obviously other factors such as reliability, resale value, build quality etc...that are at play.
    It's more about comparing what you're getting for what you're paying. The car analogy is really not a good one, and just pushes the point of why Apple should have alot less sales. When it comes to cars, most if not all cars in the same price ranges have very similar specs and specifics to them, hell they even use the same chassis and parts across the same prices ranges on multiple car company products. So yes a comparison does come down to the specs and or personal preference, as car prices are reflected by the specs. Of course with cars there are other aspects to take into hand. Reliability, this is usually mostly on the owner up keep goes a long way, for both cars and phones. Resale value, sure there is a huge market of selling used phones (Which is slowly dying now with the new regulations and lack of trust with people buying used.) but the majority of people either trade in their phone or give it away. Build quality is of course a huge factor, but no android in similar price range has really failed in this at all. So the best car comparison I can see is....

Apple = Bentley body with the engine and specs of a car that's worth half that

Android of similar price range = Bentley

I just like to get what I pay for, why pay more and get a lot less?

Of course people get hyped up over Apple stuff, which I find annoying, but not as annoying as the Android users needing to compare as if they need to prove how "smart" they are for not choosing Apple.
    It's not about comparing to prove how smart someone is, I think most android users are just dumbfounded at how people can go so crazy for something so lacking with such a high price tag. Plus most people now base phone purchases off reviews and others opinions. Which is good as it makes people realize maybe they should be getting EVERYTHING they've paid for, or I say to apple, atleast let the price reflect whats lacking.

I have both an iPhone and an Samsung Galaxy and I prefer the iPhone. The fit and finish is better. It doesn't feel like plastic
    Which Iphone and samsung do you have? Sadly the Galaxy line was never known for their design and finish. But this is all down to personal preference. Again there is a android phone in the same price range with the aluminum build, plus of course it's up to date on spec's, unlike the apple. For the same price, if not less I believe actually. Again fit and feel are all personal preference.

The apps are better.
    In which way? Pre 2013 I'd agree, but now android and the apps are up the par. It's true it's hard to optimize a app that will render well across so many phone designs, which is where apple has the upper hand. But at the same time developers use apples iOS platform to release apps, test and get feedback. Once done and more or less perfected they are released to android. Which I prefer as I like a finished product, not something being tested and waiting for updates.

The camera is better in real world use( specs mean nothing if it's not usable).
    How so? I don't see how any android camera would be considered unusable or how the iphone is better in "real world use"??? You pull out your phone you take a picture, the same routine spans all phones. When it comes to a camera SPECs and whats inside means everything. When it comes to real world useability specs again mean everything. _I do see your point in one way though. Some high end androids have very high end specs on certain aspects of their cameras but lacking on others. Whether its the shutter speed, type of lens or MP. But then again, apple does this as well, going for good speed over quality. But then for the same price as the iphone you can choose to have all high end camera specs or like apple good here and lacking there. With my android to take a picture all I have to do is turn it sideways and press the volume button and a pictures taken, EVEN from the screen being off! It doesnt get more real world useable then that.

I don't have to worry about malware.
    Common misconception with apple users. I believe this really shows the lack of research apple users put into buying a product. Apple products are open to malware and viruses just as much as any other product. Apple viruses where just less common because there where less users, makes sense. Now thats changing, and fast. There are so many malwares geared towards apple now. "In a 2013 report, Symantec claimed that there were 387 documented security holes in iOS in 2012, compared to just 13 for Android." You may hear about it happening to android users more often, and thats because there are just so many more android users.

The customer support is infinitely better. If something is wrong with my phone and it can't be fixed at the store, I don't have to mail it in to get fixed, it gets replaced on the spot.
    This is a great point and one I commend apple for, but then again samsung has this as well. Also there are other points to look at. Iphones tend to have more issues or breaks in short term, so it works well for them to have local services. Repairs are how they make a large chunk of their money. But you also have to look at DIY. I can fix most android problems for half the price I can fix an iphone for and 1/3-1/4 of what the apple store would charge if out of warranty or if the damage was no covered (Which a lot is not.). Sure mailing it in is a pain but thats why I love android, they are so easy and affordable to fix yourself.

Apple products are expensive, but they hold their value compared to others.I've had three iPhones since they've come out and was able to resell the first two for 50%+ what I paid. Try selling your Samsung phone after 3 years ( if it hasn't already died) and see what you get.
    Look on Craigslist if you don't believe me.
    Again majority of users either trade in or and down phones, especially with used phone sales going down hill. So this isn't to big of a deciding factor for most. Also if we are comparing similar phones the resale values are not all that different lately. You can get a s4 and a iphone 5 for around the same price used. Also I did what you said and looked at craigslist. 3 years ago was the iphone 4, and the samsung galaxy 2. They have the exact same resale value.... some higher some lower but average was about 100-120 for both. I do understand iphone holds it value a bit more then most phones even of same value at times, but not long term and usually only when a year or so old, does it hold a higher resale value. Iphone batteries are terrible in the long and short run, over all they where badly designed. This effects the resale value as well.

At the end of the day, it's just a tool. It's great to have choices and if you don't like it, don't buy it. But don't tell me how your (fill in the blank) is better. No one cares.
    I know it's not of concern, but I'd be really curious to know your age. As someone said lately it's quite common for Iphone supporters to be older people who dont care about the technology much or dont care to do the research. But to be honest I thought everyone would care about getting what you pay for and not over paying for a lot less. Choice is great and that's why I love android, all the choices in the world and if you want less the price reflects that. Also it's not really telling people whats better or not, it's facts you can read just about anywhere. And quite honestly, thinking no one cares is quite ignorant. (Not to be rude but it is.). As we live in a age where reviews/rants/opinions and easy access to them all over the internet can help others make good decisions, and is how majority of peoples start there search for a new cell phone. Don't tell me no one cares or there wouldn't be so many websites and forums based off this topic. Also if no one cared why isn't there just one phone, one brand? Because the mass majority of us don't like to get screwed, hence why there are so many more Android users then iphone. So many more PC users then MAC. And so on and so on.

In the end Iphone users always have the same reasons and points they defend as to why apple is better. But can never go deep into it, as theres nothing to really go into. A little research can tell you most those points made either make no sense, hold no validity or just come from a complete lack of research and/or knowledge on the topics. Apple sells because of a brand, and in some cases design. Besides personal preference that's about the only reasons to ever buy a Iphone. If there is ever a valid reason how apple is better in some way, I'm more then opening to listening. But you have no really brought much to the table.

Sorry for the rant but the "No one cares" statement kinda deserved it, as all opinions and information matter. Especually when the people cannot see it for themselves. It is just a tool in the end, I just want what I pay for. And yes I'd prefer if we where back to payphone and pagers.
    Last edited by Reptiles&Fish; 09-23-2014 at 12:02 PM.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast