My Dad was just diagnosed with stomach cancer, operating on him now. - Page 2
Follow us on...
Follow us on Twitter Follow us on Facebook
Register

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast
Like Tree4Likes

My Dad was just diagnosed with stomach cancer, operating on him now.

This is a discussion on My Dad was just diagnosed with stomach cancer, operating on him now. within the Aqua Lounge forums, part of the Aqua Lounge category; So the biopsy results are in. He has colon and lymph nodes cancers. He'll be starting chemo after his stomach/colon ...

Super Moderator SeaHorse_Fanatic's Avatar

So the biopsy results are in. He has colon and lymph nodes cancers. He'll be starting chemo after his stomach/colon heals from surgery.

2. Remove Advertisements
    BCAquaria.com
    Advertisements

oh chemo is no fun my daughter also has cancer. best of luck to your dad on this difficult journey
    500 gallon plywood tank
    230 motor stingray breeding tank. led lighting, dual sump sump,and drip system
    150 gallon saltwater mixed reef.
    150 gallon African cichlid
    90 gallon fahaka puffer tank
    75 gallon flowerhorn tank
    55 gallon axolotle tank
    loads of guppies and shrimp tanks

Dad came home just before the snow storms and seemed to be doing well until tonight. Throwing up and had shivers. Back in hospital. Please pray for my Dad.🙏🙏🙏

5. Remove Advertisements
    BCAquaria.com
    Advertisements

Forum Novice

So sorry to hear this... if Dr. Google is correct, and it hasn't spread beyond the lymph nodes, it sounds like it's around stage 3 - so it is possible to beat this. Of course the oncologist would be able to tell you better.

We lost my father in law to pancreatic cancer (stage 4, it had spread *everywhere*) in October, so I understand the stress and pain of having a loved one going through all this. My thoughts and prayers are with you. Hugs!

As someone who has also dealt with cancer in my family, my heart goes out to you. Wishing you and your family fortitude and peace in the journey to come.
    Taking a break

Thank you everyone. Apparently the doctors didn't do a great job reattaching his remaining colon to his bowel and now the doctors are deciding if they should re-operate and reattach in case it's leaking fluids and such into his body. However they have to wait till he's strong enough. Another complication before he can start his chemo/radiation treatments for his cancers.

Again thank you for your prayers, support and words of encouragement. My family really appreciates it.

Anthony

Photo of my parents when my Dad was able to come home for a few days during the snow storm. He really loves spending time with his granddaughters, especially his youngest, our baby Angelica.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    CRS Fan likes this.

Dou

Sending positive energy your way Anthony. Hope everything can go as well as it can go.

Forum Newbie

Anthony,
    I see my own parents when I look at the pictures. My heart goes out to you, you are all in my thoughts.

Again, thanks for all the support, prayers, and well wishes everyone. My Dad was actually released from the hospital today but now my mom's knee has given out and she can't walk. This may be a result of internalized stress over my Dad's ongoing health concerns. Please add my mom to your prayers. Thank you.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast