Shooting at Elementary School - Page 5
Follow us on...
Follow us on Twitter Follow us on Facebook
Register

Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 7 ... LastLast

Shooting at Elementary School

This is a discussion on Shooting at Elementary School within the Aqua Lounge forums, part of the Aqua Lounge category; If guns were outlawed only the police and criminals would own guns. I'm not going to argue my point, I ...

If guns were outlawed only the police and criminals would own guns.

I'm not going to argue my point, I feel it's in poor taste to do anymore then morn these poor souls death. The majority were only 6 years old. I have mental health issues, but not even I can comprehend this.

2. Remove Advertisements
    BCAquaria.com
    Advertisements

Forum Resident

Something happened that should never have been. We all mourn in our own way. I can't watch the parents of the children that were victims being interviewed. The insanity that exists in the world will not stop. Society as a whole has to make an effort to stop incidents of this nature. My eyes have been wet because of this incident.

I think that doing nothing keeps the status quo. Steps have to be taken to try to stop events like this.

Forum Snooper

This needs to be included in this thread. There are good people out there

5. Remove Advertisements
    BCAquaria.com
    Advertisements

Super Moderator SeaHorse_Fanatic's Avatar

Thanks for sharing that link.

Woah, are you saying Principals and Teachers should be armed?

If more guns is the answer the U.S. should be the safest place in the world, and obviously it is not!

Quote Originally Posted by Lamplighter View Post
    I want to make it clear that I do not believe that civilians should be allowed to own semi automatic or automatic weapons. Since civilians do own weapons like that clips should be limited to 5 rounds.

Here's the argument! Based on what I've read the principal and/or the school psychologist could have wasted the shooter if they had been armed. The principal and psychologist tried to stop the guy with their bare hands.If I'm right about the time frame then lives would have been saved. What if every teacher were crack shots?

Overall there's no question in my mind that guns have saved lives. I'm including armed conflicts!! I owe my freedom to guns!

It's a tough issue!! I think that there would be anarchy in the US if the National Guard and cops were stripped of their weapons.

Would 9/11 had happened if the flight crew carried weapons?

It's tough questions!!!
    20g - Dwarf White Parrot Cichlid fry (4 @ .75" - 1.5") Swordtails (2 fem.) Corydoras sterbai (3) SAE (1)

15g - Long-fin Albino Bristlenose Pleco (3) Dwarf Gourami (1male) Flying Fox (1)

Forum Resident

Quote Originally Posted by JoeMc View Post
    Woah, are you saying Principals and Teachers should be armed?

If more guns is the answer the U.S. should be the safest place in the world, and obviously it is not!
    If you have read the chronological order of how the events unfolded then it would become obviously clear that lives would have been saved if the staff had been armed. Surely you're not opposed to lives being saved.

In any event this massacrer has led to the Democrats calling for a ban on assault weapons. It's obviously too late to save the life of the children that fell victim to a madman. Hopefully it'll come to pass.

If you had read/watched all the reports , you would have noticed the perp was wearing body armour. The usual result would be the perp gains weapons when he kills the staff that confront him with their own weapon. The idea of arming school staff, or staff in any company to try to protect pupils / employees does not work. Even in military situations and establishments it is the attacker that has most of the advantages due to the surprise factor. The only way that loss could possibly be kept to a minimum would be to have classroom/ office doors lockable and reinforced to prevent easy entry in cases of a lockdown... and staff trained to react to a lockdown situation .. Armed staff would be false security at best..... and a risk at worst .

Forum Resident

Quote Originally Posted by davefrombc View Post
    If you had read/watched all the reports , you would have noticed the perp was wearing body armour. The usual result would be the perp gains weapons when he kills the staff that confront him with their own weapon. The idea of arming school staff, or staff in any company to try to protect pupils / employees does not work. Even in military situations and establishments it is the attacker that has most of the advantages due to the surprise factor. The only way that loss could possibly be kept to a minimum would be to have classroom/ office doors lockable and reinforced to prevent easy entry in cases of a lockdown... and staff trained to react to a lockdown situation .. Armed staff would be false security at best..... and a risk at worst .
    We can throw this around back and forth and come out as a stalemate.

I've got kids and I couldn't begin to imagine the PAIN that the parents and other loved ones are going through. I'm certain that some of the parents will end up committing suicide. I believe that I would if I had lost my only child.

Super Moderator SeaHorse_Fanatic's Avatar

Not only was he wearing body armour but he used the automatic rifle to blow through the lock to gain entry into the school. The school was secured, but you can only go so far before it becomes a greater fire hazard so they did what they could, but in most cases, as Gordon stated, the perp will have the advantage. He knew the school and the security measures in place and with body armour, even armed principals or teachers would have been lucky to get a head shot in a high stress, high adrenaline situation. Also, if they're not fully trained in using firearms or fire in a panic, the stray bullets would have gone into the classrooms and put more kids at risk.

BTW, this is the 37th such incident since 1974 (or so), and they seem to be getting worse, not better.

Forum Resident

If you get shot with body armor you'll feel it. You'll stop dead!! The muzzle velocity can be anywhere between 400-1200 ft/s and it'll stun. Empty a clip from a 9mm into a bastard like that and he would have been screaming in pain.

Anyways the parents gathered at church and a bomb threat was phoned in. A guy was arrested a day or two after the incident he had 47 guns and threatened to do some shooting at a school.

Do nothing and we can expect this to happen again. But you know I'm all ears in respect to suggestions how to stop senseless killings.

Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 7 ... LastLast