A small rant...
Follow us on...
Follow us on Twitter Follow us on Facebook
Register

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
Like Tree28Likes

A small rant...

This is a discussion on A small rant... within the Aqua Lounge forums, part of the Aqua Lounge category; I usually don't post to the forums but I just got really ticked off today by a customer that came ...

Forum Beginner

Default A small rant...

I usually don't post to the forums but I just got really ticked off today by a customer that came by to buy plants (not a person from BCA). I had an ad that clearly stated the amount of plants I was giving and that they were trimmings and this customer said he understood. So he comes by and as I'm trimming the plants for him he just keeps sighing and complaining about the length of the plants that he was giving (~6" per stem). I asked him several times that if he didn't like it, he was welcome to leave but he said go on. In the end he said that it wasn't enough and in the fish stores he could get way more than that. He told me that it's only worth it if I give him half of my 50 gallons worth of plants for $20. I honestly haven't been so pissed off at someone for a long time. I mean what do people honestly expect these days?

Honestly at this point I'm deciding if it's worth it to deal with these types of customers rather than tossing my plants into the garbage after every trim. I've had customers like him but not where they would sigh and tsk everytime I made a trimming even after I told him he was welcome to leave.

Just needed to vent out before I start studying again otherwise I'll be frustrated all night
    Last edited by taramin; 01-28-2017 at 05:11 PM.
    Taramin

2. Remove Advertisements
    BCAquaria.com
    Advertisements

Forum Guru

Oh sorry to hear that. Was it from cl. Bca people are usually nicer.

Sent from my SM-N920W8 using Tapatalk
    Dou likes this.
    My Aquarium Blog: (random thoughts written down) http://rwaquariumpages.blogspot.ca/

https://www.bcaquaria.com/forum/tank-...aquarium-74226 120 planted aquarium journal on BCA

I know your pain! I'm so reluctant to sell anything it's either free or landfill. I was trying to sell a car to some fellow one day. I wanted a whopping 500 dollars for it, brand new battery less than 150k on it. this arse hole takes it for an hour long test drive saunters back to my door and offers me 200 dollars....but oh yeah he has 50 he can put down and will I hold it for him!! with many explatives I explained in the best way I could he could follow me to the salvage yard for his fifty dollars and hope they were stupid enough to sell it to him.

Ranting bit aside, I sold it to two young kids the next day that really needed a reliable car. so in the end I suppose it's those people we do it for, not the jerk offs that can't appreciate what's on offer but the finer folks that really really do.

5. Remove Advertisements
    BCAquaria.com
    Advertisements

Forum Beginner

Quote Originally Posted by rwong2k10 View Post
    Oh sorry to hear that. Was it from cl. Bca people are usually nicer.

Sent from my SM-N920W8 using Tapatalk
    No, it was on Craigslist and I agree that BCA members are rarely that obnoxious.
    Taramin

Super Moderator SeaHorse_Fanatic's Avatar

I think most of us know your pain. It is frustrating to deal with individuals like those. Most of our transactions, fortunately, are with much nicer, more appreciative people who don't pull stupid stunts like this. Another reason I rarely post ads on CL but would rather sell for cheap or give away for free on BCA.

Anthony
    tony1928, hp10BII, The Guy and 2 others like this.

Quote Originally Posted by SeaHorse_Fanatic View Post
    I think most of us know your pain. It is frustrating to deal with individuals like those. Most of our transactions, fortunately, are with much nicer, more appreciative people who don't pull stupid stunts like this. Another reason I rarely post ads on CL but would rather sell for cheap or give away for free on BCA.

Anthony
    +1 to this statement
    tony1928 likes this.
    Back in the hobby, 1- 20 gallon shrimp tank and a 42 gallon community corner tank

Forum Beginner

Quote Originally Posted by taramin View Post
    I usually don't post to the forums but I just got really ticked off today by a customer that came by to buy plants (not a person from BCA). I had an ad that clearly stated the amount of plants I was giving and that they were trimmings and this customer said he understood. So he comes by and as I'm trimming the plants for him he just keeps sighing and complaining about the length of the plants that he was giving (~6" per stem). I asked him several times that if he didn't like it, he was welcome to leave but he said go on. In the end he said that it wasn't enough and in the fish stores he could get way more than that. He told me that it's only worth it if I give him half of my 50 gallons worth of plants for $20. I honestly haven't been so pissed off at someone for a long time. I mean what do people honestly expect these days?

Honestly at this point I'm deciding if it's worth it to deal with these types of customers rather than tossing my plants into the garbage after every trim. I've had customers like him but not where they would sigh and tsk everytime I made a trimming even after I told him he was welcome to leave.

Just needed to vent out before I start studying again otherwise I'll be frustrated all night
    Sorry to hear about your experience. I only buy from our members with good ratings. But I was pleasantly surprised last week when I bought some CRS off CL. The guy said I was really nice and ran back in to give me 6 more shrimps. He explained that the last two guys were a bit rude and scary looking lol.There is no need to be rude and if you believe in karma .....those plants would probadly melt on him
    Last edited by Haven; 01-28-2017 at 09:09 PM.
    rwong2k10 and barvinok like this.

Forum Novice

+1 for everyone that has recommended trying to sell stuff on BCA instead of CL. Fantastic community. I've had nothing but positive experiences with every transaction that originated from here, and every BCA member I've met has been extremely helpful
    Haven likes this.

Forum Novice

I've had members on BCA pull up in a beamer and offer me less than what I was asking for on the ad.
    Like.. "Seriously dude?"
    Sometimes you can't get away from it but generally the community is pretty good

Quote Originally Posted by imtrippedup View Post
    I've had members on BCA pull up in a beamer and offer me less than what I was asking for on the ad.
    Like.. "Seriously dude?"
    Sometimes you can't get away from it but generally the community is pretty good
    I don't care what someone drives when they show up at my door, but really appreciate when someone has the courtesy to haggle in advance. I mean, if you wait until you show up at someone's house to try and haggle...that's just weak haggling game.

We all know that you're probably buying the item (usually already a damn good deal, might I add) when you've already spent your gas and time busting your ass over to their place. You're likely not going to turn tail and go home empty handed if the seller denies your attempt at bargaining. The seller, on the other hand, is caught unawares and put in an annoying position. It's just awkwardness all around.
    Last edited by liquid_krystale; 01-30-2017 at 06:25 PM.
    SeaHorse_Fanatic and Haven like this.
    Taking a break

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast