*** classifieds update 2/6/13 ***
Follow us on...
Follow us on Twitter Follow us on Facebook
Register

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
Like Tree10Likes

*** classifieds update 2/6/13 ***

This is a discussion on *** classifieds update 2/6/13 *** within the BC Aquaria Announcements/News forums, part of the BCA Main Navigation category; Hi all, We just wanted to take a quick moment to let you guys now what's been going on behind ...

Cool *** classifieds update 2/6/13 ***

Hi all,

We just wanted to take a quick moment to let you guys now what's been going on behind the scenes. We're trying to overhaul the classifieds section to keep it cleaner and easier to use.

We've been trying to clear the clutter in the Classifieds section, so you may notice:

• Most of the old stagnating ads have disappeared
    • Lots of ads that have been requested to be closed (with no mods being contacted... for shame!) have been closed.
    • Those pesky ads that were closed but stayed in the classified section have been moved to the Classified Archives
    • All ads over 60 days that have no bumps, no replies, or any other activity what so ever have also disappeared.

Yungster our admin has made a change so that all classified ads that remain stagnant should disappear after 60 days.

What does this mean for you?

This means it will increase view ability, as well as search utilization I would hope. This will only apply to the classifieds section. This will not impact any other of our other threads, so don't worry about all our hard work disappearing on us. I think that's a pretty cool feature if you ask me. For those of you actively posting items or looking for sales, this won't impact you negatively in the least, so don't worry.

As we blitz the classifieds you may be contacted regarding Rule #7. Multiple Ads. If you're not familiar with this rule, please review the Site Rules again. As of right now you may only post 2 ads per section. It's frustrating for all parties when ads\threads get closed "for no apparent reason or notice", so please familiarize yourself with our Site Rules. If we contact you, we expect you to take immediate action to close the threads of your choosing to abide and merge them yourselves.

Moving forward to keep the classifieds clean, please close your own ads, as we won't see them right away, and it annoys a lot of people. If you don't know how, please refer to this link: How To Close Your Classifieds. If it won't let you close it, please contact our moderation team immediately.

Feel free to post comments\suggestions here and we'll try to address them best we can.

Thanks everyone!

Cheers,
    Chris - Mod Team

Last edited by effox; 02-06-2013 at 03:44 PM.

2. Remove Advertisements
    BCAquaria.com
    Advertisements

any word on the "required field" implementation?

Any Change Request that requires funding is on hold I believe. I like your recommendation though, not only would it give us the pertinent information we require, but we could force to only allow 2 ads per section as well\enforce closing the other ads before they create new ones.

Good suggestion, but it's on the back burner until we can quantify expenditures.

5. Remove Advertisements
    BCAquaria.com
    Advertisements

okie dokie, keep me posted...lol. i think if we're looking to generate revenue a 50% off "donator" sale might be in order. call it a "family day" special... :-)

I'd re-donate.

Anything $$$ related will have to go to Yungster's superiors though, I bet he'd be down for it though.

seems to make sence thanks for the heads up
    500 gallon plywood tank
    230 motor stingray breeding tank. led lighting, dual sump sump,and drip system
    150 gallon saltwater mixed reef.
    150 gallon African cichlid
    90 gallon fahaka puffer tank
    75 gallon flowerhorn tank
    55 gallon axolotle tank
    loads of guppies and shrimp tanks

Well said and presented, Chris . Thank you for making this public. As mods we try to be fair and diplomatic. Sometimes ads are moved, changed, and/or deleted as they clearly break our rules.

Best regards,

Stuart
    Last edited by CRS Fan; 02-06-2013 at 08:02 PM.
    TANKFUL IN VANCOUVER

ADDICTED TO PRESSURIZED CO2

It's REALLY hard to PM every member, wait for a response, take action after (if) a response is given, so don't be upset if we do take the time to inform you of what ads are concerning us, because it is a long process to take care of all of this properly.

Thanks guys!

have i mentioned lately that you folks rock? it's a thankless job, stirring the pot with the shite end of the stick, and you kids do it with a smile. kudos.
    effox and CRS Fan like this.

We appreciate it.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast