Geophagus mouth brooding rainbow fish egg - Page 2
Follow us on...
Follow us on Twitter Follow us on Facebook
Register

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
Like Tree4Likes

Geophagus mouth brooding rainbow fish egg

This is a discussion on Geophagus mouth brooding rainbow fish egg within the Breeding/Spawning Section forums, part of the Aquarium Related Chat category; Gorgeous tank. Very jealous. Look that clean uncluttered look. Great choice of fish too. Cool about Boesmani baby...

Super Moderator SeaHorse_Fanatic's Avatar

Gorgeous tank. Very jealous. Look that clean uncluttered look. Great choice of fish too. Cool about Boesmani baby

2. Remove Advertisements
    BCAquaria.com
    Advertisements

If you ever want to shoot the breeze and chat fish over a beer let me know. Nice to see another dedicated hobbyist in Abbotsford.

Absolutely always nice to meet a fellow hobbyist
    500 gallon in wall - geophagus tapajos, red severums, electric blue acara and boesemani rainbows

5. Remove Advertisements
    BCAquaria.com
    Advertisements

Forum Novice

I've kept Tapajos a couple times over the years - but that male is probably the best I've seen.

They're pretty intelligent fish - I don't want to derail your thread but I have to tell this quick story;

A pair were spawning and a stupid dwarf panda cory kept swimming into their area. The male would scoop him up in his mouth and spit him out, away from their territory.
    After a while I guess the cory freaks and spreads his pectoral & dorsal fins; lodging himself in the males mouth.

I didn't know what to do, and after a day or two the male geo was obviously uncomfortable - bordering on distress. I opened the tank lid, figuring I would have to try net him, and he swam straight up into my hand. No effort required. I just lifted him out of the tank and removed the (now dead) cory with a pair of needle-nose pliers and plopped him back in the tank as good as new.

Only telling this story because my wife was right there with me can vouch that I am not crazy or a liar. Otherwise I wouldn't believe myself. It was unreal.

Yes they are definitely one of my favorites very fun to watch them doing their thing, tons of colour great temperment and they don't get too big. I was lucky to get a few nice pairs of them, I am raising about 200 fry right now and can't wait to see how they turn out
    500 gallon in wall - geophagus tapajos, red severums, electric blue acara and boesemani rainbows

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2