7th Annual CAF Discus Grow Out Contest Journal: Kai.Le - Page 4
Follow us on...
Follow us on Twitter Follow us on Facebook
Register

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4
Like Tree10Likes

7th Annual CAF Discus Grow Out Contest Journal: Kai.Le

This is a discussion on 7th Annual CAF Discus Grow Out Contest Journal: Kai.Le within the CAF Annual Discus Grow-out Contest forums, part of the Canadian Aqua Farm Discus Hatchery category; attached latest pictures. no crazy noticeable growth from what i can tell. the Grey darken one has been hanging on, ...

Forum Beginner

attached latest pictures. no crazy noticeable growth from what i can tell. the Grey darken one has been hanging on, alot better from when he first gotten sick. I'm not sure if he'll ever get his color back but hopefully one day.

weird, uploading files it doesn't resize it or it now limits it.
    48228bb6-bad3-43f0-a0d5-abc90da18864.jpg

40ac00e1-c656-4d23-9951-235187f68bb3.jpg
    Canadian_Aqua_Farm likes this.

2. Remove Advertisements
    BCAquaria.com
    Advertisements

I had same problem with trying to add pics. Couldn't get them to load or resize so gave up. Usually have had no problem before. Discus look great! you have done great job.

Quote Originally Posted by Kai.Le View Post

The one in the centre of this photo is looking great, I especially like the body shape.
    Visit us online http://canadianaquafarm.com Freeze Dried Black Worms Free Shipping! Click here to order
    Keep up on the latest news by liking our Facebook page. http://www.facebook.com/discuscanada and following on Instagram @Canadianaquafarm https://instagram.com/canadianaquafarm/

5. Remove Advertisements
    BCAquaria.com
    Advertisements

Forum Beginner

so lost the sick one a couple days ago. now all the fishes are hiding a lot. remove the wood to get them comfortable.. not sure what is affecting them. recently changed from prime conditioner to safe, perhaps im using too much conditioner dosage, will try to cut back the dosage and turn off the lights for now. hopefully it was just the safe dosage.. just did a water change and theyre moving a bit more, cross fingers

Forum Beginner

latest update.. theyre still hiding a lot and not as active as they used to be. wonder if havin only 4 discus compared to 5 really made that much of a difference to their behavior..
    only thing left to try next is to clean all the canister tanks and see if its really water quality.
    wonder if removing the community fishes tetras made it longer for them to recover and feel comfortable.
    i’ll up to water change more often after the canister change to see if improvements are seen. feels like their growth has really stopped.. has been a couple thunderstorms a lot that mightve affected water quality again

Forum Beginner

yea, gave up trying to upload new pics. seems like it doesnt auto adjust uploads size and dimensions anymore.

did a major filter and water change. looking a lot healthier. one was bloated but has since cleared up with the water changes.. smallest one is now the one showing ‘darkening’ symptons. hopefully will clear up eventually with the increase water changes hopefully. time will tell

Forum Beginner

Video of discus. one of them is bloated for two+ weeks now, tried epson salt and some metroplex but haven't seen improvement.

Fishman21 likes this.

Forum Beginner

bloated one didnt make it today, thought he was improving but likely havent properly eaten for a while.. 3 left.

Forum Beginner

end of sept video... just did water change..

https://youtu.be/LEJFoguUyrY

Forum Beginner

down to two fish left now... seems like the smallest one always becomes the new one that gets sick..
    the two left are large and healthy...
    also switched back to prime from safe... learned safe is not good for small tank.. lost couple fishes from this and other tanks.. all the cories basically floated..

also added 5 platinum angelfish - this really help the discus with being comfortable... basically if the others are out exploring without fear. the discus does it also...

i really enjoy raising these baby discuses... would definitely want to try again... now that the experience is there..

lesson is to keep it simple and not to complicate the tank. i was always changing my setup every week. think my tank is at where i want it to be now.

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4