Congratulations Winners Of The 1st Annual Discus Grow Out Contest!!!! - Page 2
Follow us on...
Follow us on Twitter Follow us on Facebook
Register

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
Like Tree40Likes

Congratulations Winners Of The 1st Annual Discus Grow Out Contest!!!!

This is a discussion on Congratulations Winners Of The 1st Annual Discus Grow Out Contest!!!! within the CAF Annual Discus Grow-out Contest forums, part of the Canadian Aqua Farm Discus Hatchery category; well done scherb! nice fish. thanks rick for putting together such a cool event. cant wait to try my hand ...

Forum Resident

well done scherb! nice fish. thanks rick for putting together such a cool event. cant wait to try my hand at it next time.
    Canadian_Aqua_Farm and Scherb like this.
    moved. in process of setting up
    piwow show tank

2. Remove Advertisements
    BCAquaria.com
    Advertisements

Super Moderator SeaHorse_Fanatic's Avatar

Congrats all the winners.

Biggest thanks to Rick for his awesome contributions to the site and its members through this contest and other experiences. Really glad to see how many beautiful, colourful discus the members now own. Hopefully those who have enjoyed the thrill and pleasure of raising these beauties keep them long-term. Great job everyone. Would love to participate but I just don't have the time and Irene would kill me if I set up a another good sized tank to raise discus.

Anthony

Ya! I won! Well we all won a great experience when Rick first drew our names in January.
    Congrats everyone on our hard work to raise these beauties. Can't wait to see next year's grow out fishys.

75 , mixed Africans
    33 , planted community...
    30 , fire belly toads, red zebra danios, longfin leopard danio,marbled cray,
    29 , discus growout contest
    20 , mixed shrimp, galaxy rasboras,
    20 , soon to be shrimp tank
    10 , marbled cray, endlers
    10 , cherry & pfr shrimp, crs
    2.5 , bettas
    lots of betta bowls....
    2 grumpy cats, a chocolate lab, a mated pair of leopard geckos,and a panther gecko!
    Welcome to my zoo... the rug rat is almost walking... Omg..

5. Remove Advertisements
    BCAquaria.com
    Advertisements

Well done everyone. Congratulations to all!!! Kudos to Rick for organizing a successful event.
    NOYPI

Forum Resident

congrats to the winners. now that it is over what i wanna know is what scherb did to get to his to be so big and nicely patterned. food, water change schedule etc. secrets that will help all of the discus community.

Thanks Shady280 i could only guess why. i did daily 99% water changes and fed as much as they would eat. temp at 88. fishrookie asked me this before and i said the same thing. but while typing this it occurred to me as far as i know i was the only one to add equilibrium and alkaline buffer to stabilize my water. but as far as i know i was the only one to have problems with ph crashing. and a need to buffer, so maybe that's it but i kinda doubt it, but you never know. i posted a lot of info in my Discus journal. Hope that helps.
    55g, In the Wall, Planted, 2 Blue Turk Discus, 1 yellow pigeon Discus, 1 pigeon cross Discus, Rams, Red Eye Balloon Tetras, Corydoras, Silvertip, Bn Pleco's, Flying Fox.
    40g, Long, Discus Grow Out Tank.
    20g, Planted, Electric Blue Balloon ram, trying to bread
    20g, Discus, Brilliant Turk, Eruption Leopard, trying to bread
    5g, Nano, Planted, Blueberry, Tiger, Painted Fire Red Shrimp.
    - 4'x3'x18" Water Dragon Terrarium.

PLECOHOLICS ANONYMOUS MEMBER #34
    Discus Domain Member #1

Forum Resident

thanks scherb, i followed your journal and just wondered. i saw about the ph thing as well, maybe that equilibrium has minute amount of steriods in it!! haha
    Scherb likes this.

Forum Guru

Hello all......on the heels of Rick's announcement about a possible grow out #5, I thought I would go down memory lane and re-post this final thread from the initial grow-out contest .....#1, so some of those of you who are new to this forum could see where it all began.....I think that I can speak for all participants in grow out #1 when I say that it was a blast, and a very successful start of an "event" that has been a great addition to our local aquaria scene......many have benefited from Rick's four grow-outs and I personally look forward to seeing many more becoming involved with the the beautiful fish that were once dubbed "Kings of the Aquarium" I encourage anyone who has every had a "hankering" to try discus,(but have felt that they were too on the "too hard list") to sign up for "grow out #5" and give it a go. I think that you will be pleasantly surprised. Speaking from personal experience, I guarantee you that you will enjoy the ride, and if/when you do struggle a bit, Rick is always there and is very generous with his time and expert advice. Thanks again Rick for all of the time and effort you have put into the four grow-outs, and we look forward to many more!!
    Last edited by guppygeorge; 02-04-2016 at 12:32 PM.

Hard to believe how much time has passed since contest #1. It feels like it was just yesterday.
    guppygeorge likes this.
    Visit us online http://canadianaquafarm.com Freeze Dried Black Worms Free Shipping! Click here to order
    Keep up on the latest news by liking our Facebook page. http://www.facebook.com/discuscanada and following on Instagram @Canadianaquafarm https://instagram.com/canadianaquafarm/

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2