New Repashy Super foods for fish and invertebrates have arrived! pics... - Page 2
Follow us on...
Follow us on Twitter Follow us on Facebook
Register

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast
Like Tree2Likes

New Repashy Super foods for fish and invertebrates have arrived! pics...

This is a discussion on New Repashy Super foods for fish and invertebrates have arrived! pics... within the Canadian Aquatics forums, part of the Vendors category; Pat, Do you know what kind of preservatives are used in the food? Use of ethoxyquin?...

Pat,

Do you know what kind of preservatives are used in the food? Use of ethoxyquin?

2. Remove Advertisements
    BCAquaria.com
    Advertisements

Sponsor

Great question. For the:

Community Plus:
    Whole Krill Meal, Alfalfa Leaf Meal, Whole Squid Meal, Stabilized Rice Bran, Whole Sardine Meal, Dried Brewers Yeast, Spirulina Algae, Chlorella Algae, Carrageenan Algae, Dried Kelp, Konjac, Carob Bean Gum, Calcium Carbonate, Dicalcium Phosphate, Taurine, Potassium Citrate, Calcium Propionate, Schizochytrium Algae, Phaffia Rhodozyma Yeast, Paprika Extract, Calendula Flower Powder, Marigold Flower Extract, Rose Hips Powder, Turmeric Root Powder, Malic Acid, Sodium Chloride, Canthaxanthin, Potassium Sorbate, Magnesium Gluconate, Lecithin, Rosemary Extract and Mixed Tocopherols (as preservatives), Vitamins (Vitamin A Supplement, Vitamin D Supplement, Choline Chloride, Ascorbic Acid, Vitamin E Supplement, Niacin, Beta Carotene, Pantothenic Acid, Riboflavin, Pyridoxine Hydrochloride, Thiamine Mononitrate, Menadione Sodium Bisulfite Complex, Folic Acid, Biotin, Vitamin B-12 Supplement).

Meat Pie:
    INGREDIENTS: Whole Sardine Meal, Whole Squid Meal, Whole Krill Meal, Pea Protein Isolate, Dried Brewers Yeast, Carrageenan Algae, Konjac, Carob Bean Gum, Dried Kelp, Potassium Citrate, Calcium Propionate, Dicalcium Phosphate,Taurine, Spirulina Algae, Phaffia Rhodozyma Yeast, Paprika Extract, Calendula Flower Powder, Marigold Flower Extract, Rose Hips Powder, Turmeric Root Powder, Malic Acid, Sodium Chloride, Canthaxanthin, Potassium Sorbate, Magnesium Gluconate, Lecithin, Rosemary Extract and Mixed Tocopherols (as preservatives), Vitamins (Vitamin A Supplement, Vitamin D Supplement, Choline Chloride, Ascorbic Acid, Vitamin E Supplement, Niacin, Beta Carotene, Pantothenic Acid, Riboflavin, Pyridoxine Hydrochloride, Thiamine Mononitrate, Menadione Sodium Bisulfite Complex, Folic Acid, Biotin, Vitamin B-12 Supplement).

Soilent Green:
    INGREDIENTS: Chlorella Algae, Spirulina Algae, Whole Krill Meal, Whole Squid Meal, Whole Sardine Meal, Alfalfa Leaf Meal, Whole Anchovy Meal, Germinated Brown Rice Protein Concentrate, Pea Protein Isolate, Dried Brewers Yeast, Stabilized Rice Bran, Dried Kelp, Carrageenan Algae, Konjac, Carob Bean Gum, Schizochytrium Algae, Calcium Carbonate, Dicalcium Phosphate, Taurine, Potassium Citrate, Calcium Propionate, Phaffia Rhodozyma Yeast, Paprika Extract, Calendula Flower Powder, Marigold Flower Extract, Rose Hips Powder, Turmeric Root Powder, Malic Acid, Sodium Chloride, Canthaxanthin, Potassium Sorbate, Magnesium Gluconate, Lecithin, Rosemary Extract and Mixed Tocopherols (as preservatives), Vitamins (Vitamin A Supplement, Vitamin D Supplement, Choline Chloride, Ascorbic Acid, Vitamin E Supplement, Niacin, Beta Carotene, Pantothenic Acid, Riboflavin, Pyridoxine Hydrochloride, Thiamine Mononitrate, Menadione Sodium Bisulfite Complex, Folic Acid, Biotin, Vitamin B-12 Supplement).

Shrimp Souffle:
    INGREDIENTS: Whole Squid Meal, Whole Krill Meal, Whole Sardine Meal, Pea Protein Isolate, Spirulina Algae, Dried Brewer’s Yeast, Alfalfa Leaf Powder, Stabilized Rice Bran, Germinated Brown Rice Protein Concentrate, Carrageenan Algae, Konjac, Carob Bean Gum, Dried Kelp, Potassium Citrate, Calcium Propionate, Dicalcium Phosphate, Taurine, Schizochytrium Algae, Phaffia Rhodozyma Yeast, Paprika Extract, Calendula Flower Powder, Marigold Flower Extract, Rose Hips Powder, Turmeric Root Powder, Malic Acid, Sodium Chloride, Canthaxanthin, Potassium Sorbate, Magnesium Gluconate, Lecithin, Rosemary Extract and Mixed Tocopherols (as preservatives), Vitamins (Vitamin A Supplement, Vitamin D Supplement, Choline Chloride, Ascorbic Acid, Vitamin E Supplement, Niacin, Beta Carotene, Pantothenic Acid, Riboflavin, Pyridoxine Hydrochloride, Thiamine Mononitrate, Menadione Sodium Bisulfite Complex, Folic Acid, Biotin, Vitamin B-12 Supplement).

So to answer your question, I don't see ethoxuquin in there and I don't think it should as it's slightly toxic to fish. I will contact Allan Repashy and ask. Thanks
    hp10BII likes this.
    Here fishy fishy.......

Currently breeding and have lots available of:
    -Tiger, red cherry, crystal red and black, and a bunch of other shrimps
    -King Tiger (L-066) and Queen Arabesque (L-260)
    -Guppies and Marble crayfish

I also have:
    -Levamisole HCl for treating the camallanus / callamanus worms
    -"No Planaria" for getting rid of planaria with out killing your shrimps, fish and plants
    -Flubendazole for getting rid of hydra

Excellent, Pat. I don't like the use of ethoxyquin either, but try finding commerical fishfood with fish meal or krill w/o it!

5. Remove Advertisements
    BCAquaria.com
    Advertisements

Mr Know It all
    4097 Hastings st. Burnaby bc Aprils aquarium

Looks fine. I'm sure he wouldn't add those . Lower quality foods use them. Looks like a high quality product.
    I'll be growing out some baby discus with it and see how the growth goes.

What are Tocopherols?

In general, foods will spoil without some form of temperature control or preservatives. While many manufacturers in the commercial pet food industry still feel that less expensive but potentially carcinogenic chemical and artificial preservatives like BHA, BHT, and Ethoxyquin can be safely used to keep pet food from turning rancid, recent studies have shown otherwise.
    Despite the evidence, many commercial pet food brands, including Science Diet, Iams, Eukanuba, and Pedigree, continue to use BHA, BHT, and/or ethoxyquin to extend the shelf life and reduce fat spoilage (rancidity) of their pet foods and pet treats.

. Vitamin E is an antioxidant that retards the oxidation of other vitamins.

Vitamin E works as a natural preservative for a period of up to 12 months and as a peak preservative up to 6 months. Tocopherols used as preservatives in pet food do have a shorter lifespan than chemical preservatives, which can be a concern with some pet food brands that are warehoused or shipped to retail stores and left on store shelves for extended periods of time.

---
    I am here: http://maps.google.com/maps?ll=49.275038,-122.835489

thanks April I was emailing Allen about the questions that we received.

Sponsor

So Allen got back to me. Wow, that's fast service! He said:

Hello Pat,

We do not add ethoxyquin to our product, we use rosemary extract and mixed tochopherols (vitamin E) as preservatives.

That being said, all fish meal, krill meal, squid meal entering US waters must be preserved with ethoxyquin according to coast guard regulations. There is not a fish food in existence that has these ingredients that doesn't have trace amounts of this or other preservatives. Feed manufacturers are not required to list these products unless we add them directly.

NLS actually has a great article about the whole ethoxyquin scare and does a good job of bringing the misguided fear down to earth.

New Life International Inc- Fish Food, Books, Aquaculture and more! - Basic Fish Nutrition

Cheers, Allen
    Here fishy fishy.......

I also have:
    -"No Planaria" for getting rid of planaria with out killing your shrimps, fish and plants

Do you have any of the soilent green? I would like to buy the 2oz size to try?

Sponsor

Yup, I have some in stock.

PM sent
    Keri likes this.
    Here fishy fishy.......

I also have:

Wow, thanks for the super fast shipping Patrick, my soilent green arrived

I made some up last night, pouring it into a cute little icecube tray that makes little pucks, the smell was terrible, just like I would imagine auwfuchs to smell so that's good and....

THE FISH LOVE IT!

It was super easy to make, I used the microwave method and my BNPs, siamese algae eaters, ruby barbs, clown loaches and cories were all on it right away! Very popular, and even the rams and dwarf parrots ate some. I'll post up some pictures later.

Sponsor

Thanks for the updates. So far it's been great reviews. Thanks!
    Here fishy fishy.......

I also have:

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast