Follow us on Twitter Follow us on Facebook
Register

Like Tree8Likes
  • 3 Post By diavids
  • 1 Post By Nicole
  • 1 Post By Reptiles&Fish
  • 3 Post By Diztrbd1

FF cat

This is a discussion on FF cat within the Classified Archive forums, part of the Classified Section category; free cat. orange and white tabby. 8 months old i think. she's been fixed, had her shots, i.d. tattoo in ...

Banned

Default FF cat

free cat. orange and white tabby. 8 months old i think. she's been fixed, had her shots, i.d. tattoo in her ear, only thing is, she poops and pees on carpet and furniture. will sell the 5ft catpost if wanted.
    Last edited by rockybalboa; 01-04-2013 at 03:09 PM.

2. Remove Advertisements
    BCAquaria.com
    Advertisements

Forum Newbie

Is this your cat. Have you taken the cat to the vet, as this type of behaviour could mean a health issue. Or have you had a change in the household. Another cat added, or other animal. New person moved in. Cats are very senitive to changes and sometimes do react by acting out in this matter. the cat is trying to tell you something, but us dumb humans just don't understand cat language. Good luck with the cat, I wish i could help you, but i'm at my limit at the number of cats my husband will let me have (same with fish tanks)
    Pamela, Elle and Nicole like this.

Banned

a change in the household. me having to take the 4 tanks down and move the furniture around. she used to play with the fish now they're gone. makes sense what you said. either way bump her up.

5. Remove Advertisements
    BCAquaria.com
    Advertisements

Is it not possible for her to learn to use the litter box again? I mean my new puppy poops all over the place and i've stepped in it a few times (I know, ew) but it's all part of the process..I love him even though he is so difficult to potty train but it's what I signed up for when agreeing to take on a pet in the first place. I don't know much about cats so I was just wondering.
    JoeMc likes this.
    Thanks for all the kindness exhibited by BCA members.

I've been here, Sorry you're having to deal with this.

I would vet check her if it started suddenly. It could be a bladder infection, which makes peeing painful and causes them to associate the litterbox with punishment.
    I would also try this litter: Cat Attract. You can get it at PetSmart, along with a companion litter additive that is very attractive to cats an helps get them into the box.

Clean anywhere she pees with Nature's Miracle (the extra strength red bottle) to get rid of the smell, and if you can put her into one room with her litter box unless you can supervise her. Clean the box thoroughly every day. Some cats won't use a dirty box.

If you're set on rehoming her, that's fine, but she should go to the vet to see if there is a medical cause and to alleviate any pain if that's what's happening.

Gone fishing....

Official Plecoholics Member #11

Forum Novice

Have to agree with Elle for sure. Wouldn't be to fair to your cat or the family that adopts her if you don't bring her in for a check up. She could be in a lot of pain, and really make sure to watch out for any blood in the pee. As that is even more serious, but will come a bit after they've started to pee other places then their litter box. And is easily treated if caught early.

But saying that, it could be one of many things. We just adopted the cutest Manx a few months ago, and the owners failed to tell us about the problems she had before we took her in and obviously had not taken her to the vet. After the first few days we clearly saw there was a problem, as she was peeing everywhere and their was small spots of blood in the stains. Most vet visits for cats are really cheap depending where you go. And after getting her checked out, we where advised to change her diet and see what happens. (I think the wife did some research and found out most the foods first ingredient is corn or rice, and those are the ones you should be staying away from.). After a few weeks it all stopped and instead of hiding all the time she is always out and curled up with us.

BUT then a few months later, she started to do it again. Just with out the blood. Luckily I am very good at reading people and animals a like . And I could tell what was making her do this made a few changes and she stopped. It seemed she is a little princess more then anything being wrong haha. All she needed was her litter cleaned twice a day, needed a nice thick mat outside of her box to scratch on when out(or she get's mad and starts to scratch the brand new sectional couch I just bought, which she also pee'd on the first week we got it -.- one of many things destroyed that comes with owning a cat lol). We also had to make a few little changes as well, like going to the living room at specific times so she'd feel our presence there and not think of it as all hers. (Can't explain this part to well but it worked. If you leave one room alone to long they seem to take over). And piling the cushions on the couch when we where not sitting there.

All I'm trying to say is if your reason to rehome is the pee'ing, that can be fixed. But if it's not, and it just needs to be done and you are set on it, please get her checked out before rehoming her. If we had not gotten our "Zia" checked out right away, instead of costing 40$ for a check up it may have cost 1000$+ or her life, just because the previous owner did not take the proper responsibility for a pet, before putting it on someone else.
    Last edited by Reptiles&Fish; 01-05-2013 at 03:25 PM.
    Nicole likes this.

^ well said. Giving away your problems and not solving it yourself is not the right say to do it.

alrighty I think there has been enough opinions ,advice and healthy concerns put forth on this thread, lets give it a break till the OP atleast gets on and has a chance to reply...it is ,afterall, a classified ad. I know the OP simply wants to rehome it, whether he wants to take the advice or not is up to him.
    If he were trying to dump his problems on someone else he wouldn't have been honest in the first place IMHO and since you don't really know all the circumstances, I find it a bit unfair to act so judgmental until you actually know the facts. He could just dump it on the SPCA and instead thought he'd find a better home for it here.... so please give him a chance to atleast reply.

Banned

thank you mister moderator. holy already. we are keeping the cat. there is nothing wrong with her health. please remove this before i have a heart attack out of guilt.