FS: Assorted Small Discus
Follow us on...
Follow us on Twitter Follow us on Facebook
Register

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

FS: Assorted Small Discus

This is a discussion on FS: Assorted Small Discus within the Classified Archive forums, part of the Classified Section category; Going to trim down the number of discus in my tank so I'm selling some of my smaller fish. Approx. ...

Default FS: Assorted Small Discus

Going to trim down the number of discus in my tank so I'm selling some of my smaller fish.

Approx. 2.5"+

I have 5 red turquoise and 3 blue diamonds available.

Asking $25 each.

2. Remove Advertisements
    BCAquaria.com
    Advertisements

Forum Resident

beauty discus!

Forum Newbie

would like a couple of ur bds u can contact me at 778 866 1903 felicia thanx

5. Remove Advertisements
    BCAquaria.com
    Advertisements

Forum Guru

Id like to try some red turqs, give me a call 604-619-7170 ill take all 5 if you can deliver
    Plecoholics Anonymous Member #20Damn rabbit ate my laptop cord....AGAIN.....

Sponsor

Great setup. Looks great!
    Here fishy fishy.......

Currently breeding and have lots available of:
    -Tiger, red cherry, crystal red and black, and a bunch of other shrimps
    -King Tiger (L-066) and Queen Arabesque (L-260)
    -Guppies and Marble crayfish

I also have:
    -Levamisole HCl for treating the camallanus / callamanus worms
    -"No Planaria" for getting rid of planaria with out killing your shrimps, fish and plants
    -Flubendazole for getting rid of hydra

Forum Novice

Are you selling that yellowish variety? What is the name for that? Nice looking planted tank. My 110g is bare tank with 20 juvies. Would love to do it like yours. How often you change water by how much%? Do you feed them with beef heart mix or whole bloodworms? Do you need a canister filter for planted discus tank?
    Last edited by fxbillie; 04-28-2011 at 05:55 PM.

so perdy, i wish my tanks wernt fully stocked already
    Having a saltwater tank without corals is like a flower garden with just sticks

Interested...PM me and let me know if you have any left. Can pick up anytime

Looks like most of the fish are pending.

The yellows are golden sunrise variety.

With a planted discus tank there are many ways to do it. With my old tank, I ran co2, high light and high maintenance plants and dosed ferts daily. It was a lot of work, but it can be done.
    With this tank, I chose all low maintenenance plants, and am using only 30 watts of High output LED's. The growth is slow, but the plants are healthy and it's been much easier to maintain.

I'm feeding bloodworms, mysis shrimp and pellets. Haven't fed beefheart as I don't like how it messes up the water. When I first got these fish in, I did water changes several times per week, about 20% each time. After a couple weeks they were settled, and now I do one 50% per 7-10 days. I could probably go much longer as my nitrates don't seem to be detectable even after a week with all the plants, but the discus seem to like the new water.

You don't need a canister, but it's preferable. HOB filters provide too much surface agitation for my liking which is not good if you are injecting cO2. Sponge filters, which a lot of discus people use, are just not esthetically pleasing for planted display tanks.

My one piece of advice is to take things slowly. Get the plants growing and established well first, then add the discus. Both planted tanks and discus tanks are challenging enough on their own without trying to do them at the same time.
    If you have to do it all at once, get lots of plants and do it in one shot, instead of slowly adding plants here and there. The less you have to work in the tank, the less chance of stressing the discus.

Quote Originally Posted by fxbillie View Post
    Are you selling that yellowish variety? What is the name for that? Nice looking planted tank. My 110g is bare tank with 20 juvies. Would love to do it like yours. How often you change water by how much%? Do you feed them with beef heart mix or whole bloodworms? Do you need a canister filter for planted discus tank?

Forum Novice

Default Thanks

Thanks for the advice. I am a total newbie on discus and learning as I go. I currently run a bare bottom 110g with plants tied to small rocks to make it a little bit more visually attractive. Will make baby step into a planted tank as you say. Thanks a lot.

William

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast