FS: Sulawesi snails, Assassins, RCS, Red Ramshorns - Page 2
Follow us on...
Follow us on Twitter Follow us on Facebook
Register

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast
Like Tree29Likes

FS: Sulawesi snails, Assassins, RCS, Red Ramshorns

This is a discussion on FS: Sulawesi snails, Assassins, RCS, Red Ramshorns within the Classified Archive forums, part of the Classified Section category; ^ Good point... I just got out my measuring tape and took a look and no way even the biggest ...

^ Good point... I just got out my measuring tape and took a look and no way even the biggest female I have is 2.5 cm... more like 2.2 at most. Thanks for the heads up!

2. Remove Advertisements
    BCAquaria.com
    Advertisements

I'd have to say the shrimps are at decent prices. You cant ask for anything less for actual cherry shrimps aside from being "free" honestly.

Its just that people who buy/sell the shrimps don't do research to understand what "cherry shrimp" gradings they are getting/giving. Some people believe painted fire shrimps and cherry shrimps are two separate shrimps when they are actually the same species while others believe they are the same but call it whatever they want it. A little red? Some people call it a painted fire when they aren't. Some people expect cherry shrimps very red? Unfortunately they may have mistaken cherry shrimp as a painted fire shrimp tier.

Unlike other shrimps like CRS/CBS, they have like A, S, SS etc. which everyone can easily identify as a grading to their type. Cherry shrimps on the other hand are given different titles depending on their tier. Like wild cherry, cherry, sakura, fire red and painted fire.

For 50cents each, I don't think I have ever seen anyone selling cherry shrimps for cheaper regardless of grading. Colours do show up more vividly as they grow bigger so you cant just judge their juvenile state.

The seller did state the female adult cherry in the picture is the mother of the youngs being sold, so expect female juveniles to be of more or less similiar colours when grown up, and perhaps less red than the mother for the males when grown to an adult.
    Last edited by Dawna; 12-20-2013 at 03:45 AM.
    mikebike, Momobobo, nao and 4 others like this.

Quote Originally Posted by Philip View Post
    Just took some cheries from him. That was just waste my time and money. Cant go back for a refund. Its too far. Most of the shrimps are under size. Smaller than 0.5 cm which have likely no color. Clouldnt see that clear when picked em up out in the dark.
    No offense, but if your going to say "Clouldnt see that clear when picked em up out in the dark." then I don't think it is at all fair that you would come on here and post your dis-satisfaction as such. That is a poor excuse. It get's dark everyday around 4:30pm. If you made plans to meet someone outside one of your homes, I think you should have taken a flashlight. Even adults are hard to see in poor lighting conditions. If it was such a big deal then you should have found some better lighting before purchasing them. I'm sure the seller would understand and you could have found better lighting before buying them. It is wrong of you to come here complain when it is nobody's fault but your own. It appears you had contacted them about your dis-satisfaction....but it also appears they offered you a refund and explained/answered questions that should have perhaps been asked in the first place. No need to complain about it here if that is the case. Trying to make the member look like a bad seller is unwarranted. And IMHO you should learn to call a person as opposed to texting them when it comes to problems as such. Texting is a crappy way to complain to someone as it is, especially when you decide to stop replying and just come here and attempt to make them look like a bad seller. I suppose the excuse for that is probably "I didn't get the text"
    No more complaining about it here.....please.

To be honest I believe you are better off with younger ones anyway. They only live 1-2 years max. You will have a better opportunity to build a good colony before any start dieing off from age. They will color up as they mature and it is really enjoyable watching them mature. In the end, if you can keep them alive, I think you will be happier in the long run that you got some younger ones. And the price is definitely fair....it's average for here and cheaper than you will get at any LFS. You can always get some fire reds and mix them in to improve the color gene within the colony in due time.

5. Remove Advertisements
    BCAquaria.com
    Advertisements

thats a great idea adding some fire reds to increase quality of the colouring, i didnt even know one could do that..
    learn something new every day, cheers!
    29g fluval wide no-tech planted tank

Hoping to start one day :

8g fluval flora - still in box

okay thanx
    29 Gallon Planted Community Tank

Breeder Of
    High End Bearded Dragons @Keatos Dragons on Facebook
    Reds,Dunners,Trans, Hypos,Leathers,Silks.

Forum Resident

As i said i rather not to go back there for the refund ( the gas even cost more than that). I came all the long way to get shrimps. Not about money. The problem is what he said to me. He said it should be 1-1.5 cm some 2.5cm And the pics he showing here. Its totally difference from what i ve got. Thats all the mater and reason making me mad. I do know what cherry shrimp is,so dont say that anyone miss understand or limited info. I do report here. Just to warn anyone who wanna do the trade with him to be carefull. Think about a guy that selling u 20 shrimps within the ziplog bag that even smaler than a sanwitch bag and very limited of air.

Thanks everyone who spoke up.. I have been feeling frustrated since I believe I have been fair and reasonable, and this situation is just making me discouraged.

It's not about money for me either Philip, I bought these shrimp for fifty cents each (same sizes as what I gave you) from another member here and I'm making no profit - I am just trying to make some room in my tanks. As I recall I even gave you a few extra shrimp for free.

I've tried to be patient with you but now I'm just sick of this conversation... If you want your ten dollars back just come get it otherwise please drop it.

Thank you and good luck finding a better deal.
    Last edited by Livyding; 12-25-2013 at 04:00 AM.
    nigerian prince likes this.

bump. sold some sulawesi snails and assassins and a bunch of of cherry shrimp sold but I still have lots of shrimp (100+) and at least a dozen each assassins and sulawesis.

Might be willing to sell some of the adult sulawesi snails since ive already got such a nice colony of babies and adults. maybe 3 dollars each? let me know if youre interested.

Forum Newbie

I was wondering if you still have any cherry shrimp and/or ramshorn snails left?

Thanks!

Yes still have like 60 extra shrimp at least, lots of females starting to colour up nicely. Also have a lot of ramshorns... like fifty or so I think.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast