LF: Rena XP3 O-Ring PLEASE HELP AS I JUST BOUGHT A RENA XP3 FROM ANOTHER MEMBER JUST.
Follow us on...
Follow us on Twitter Follow us on Facebook
Register

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
Like Tree5Likes

LF: Rena XP3 O-Ring PLEASE HELP AS I JUST BOUGHT A RENA XP3 FROM ANOTHER MEMBER JUST.

This is a discussion on LF: Rena XP3 O-Ring PLEASE HELP AS I JUST BOUGHT A RENA XP3 FROM ANOTHER MEMBER JUST. within the Classified Archive forums, part of the Classified Section category; As the title says: Looking for Rena XP3 0-Ring Seal as I just bought a Rena XP3 off another member ...

Forum Novice

Lightbulb LF: Rena XP3 O-Ring PLEASE HELP AS I JUST BOUGHT A RENA XP3 FROM ANOTHER MEMBER JUST.

As the title says:

Looking for Rena XP3 0-Ring Seal as I just bought a Rena XP3 off another member which she lied & said that this unite never leaked, but it sure does & its coming from -the top so I figure its the 0-Ring seal that should be changed.

"if" you know where I can pick up one or maybe two of these so I can use one now & keep one just in case, to please respond via pm & share with me your information.

Thank you

2. Remove Advertisements
    BCAquaria.com
    Advertisements

Forum Novice

j&l sells them for around 13 bucks

yes J and L sells them, i got one from them but then found out it wasnt leaking.Is it leaking form were the cord comes out on the top?
    20g Saltwater
    20g Plecos and Guppies
    20g Demasonis

RIP Tyson, March 18th,1997-Dec 21st, 2010

><((((º>`·.¸¸.·´¯`·.¸><((((º>
    ><((((º>`·.¸(((º>¸¸
    `·.. ><((((º>`·.¸¸.·´¯`·.¸><((((º>¸¸.·´¯`·.¸.

5. Remove Advertisements
    BCAquaria.com
    Advertisements

x3 for J&L. IPU probably has them as well. Usually is a good practice to check things out before you purchase them.

They're really the same, just overpriced when branded with the label Rena, Eheim, etc.
    Check out Hardware stores like Rona, Lordco, Home Depot.
    If it's leaking from where the cord comes out, you need to replace the o-rings from the quick disconnect. I had to replace these too and I went to Rona. $4 for a pack of 10 or go to Lordco which sells them individually.
    Diztrbd1 likes this.
    Thanks for all the kindness exhibited by BCA members.

Have you tried contacting the seller? If the unit was stored dry for a while the leak may be a new thing, seals will fail over time, maybe she doesn't know?

Hopefully she will work something out for you?

Forum Novice

Good morning fellow members,

Thank you for all your useful, important, & quick help; I'm not a kinda person to complain or argue over small things, so I simply text her & she in fact text me back as quickly as I had sent it stating "when she had it running, she never noticed any leak; Maybe as one of you said as seals go anytime; I'll give J&L aquatics a try cause with "water leaks" I rather buy the original part rather than buy anything else as I had a major water leak which I quickly had to get under control & I hope to god I don't have to replace any hardwood floor.

I realize that I should have tested it before I bought it, however as Being a member on here I haven't had gotten any dishonest ppl till now; I don't sell my Garbage on here & since I've been on here I've never experienced anything like this so fellow members be aware. lol

Thanks again ppl & I hope everyone will have a great day.

beN

First question, how did you fill it, to get it running? If you filled it up yourself, then that's why it's leaking. When I was running my xp3 on my 200g, and if I filled manually this would happen. But if you let it fill itself it shouldn't leak.
    mikebike likes this.

Forum Novice

[QUOTE=Tequilla;216706]As the title says:

Looking for Rena XP3 0-Ring Seal as I just bought a Rena XP3 off another member which she lied & said that this unite never leaked, but it sure does & its coming from -the top so I figure its the 0-Ring seal that should be changed.

"if" you know where I can pick up one or maybe two of these so I can use one now & keep one just in case, to please respond via
    pm & share with me your information.
    Thank you

Hi Grant,
    I never lied to you regarding the filter. It didn't leak at all the year that I had it and I wouldn't of sold it if I knew it was leaking! I shut down my tank last weekend turned off the filter.Like I told you,you can ask the members who bought stuff from inside the tank when the filter was running. The members are Chris( forgot his user name, but its Chowder on CanReef) and Hotspike. I didn't know that if I stopped running the filter, there would be a chance the seal would go.
    You said you noticed the water was on the bottom of the filter and water was on your wood floor. I asked you, if you put it
    together properly and you never replied back. I would of tested it for you...but as I told you I just emptied my tank and wouldn't
    have thought it would leak. You called me a liar and gave me a negative Itrader rating. I would be happy to pay for the Oring if you remove the negative rating.
    Last edited by lotus; 03-23-2012 at 11:08 AM.
    Nicole likes this.

Super Moderator SeaHorse_Fanatic's Avatar

If you two can work this out, contact Nicklfire to change the negative iTrader rating.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast