DIY 2 stage co2 build. - Page 2
Follow us on...
Follow us on Twitter Follow us on Facebook
Register

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
Like Tree7Likes

DIY 2 stage co2 build.

This is a discussion on DIY 2 stage co2 build. within the Equipment Talk Section forums, part of the Aquarium Related Chat category; this is awesome build thread, thanks for sharing! and loving the links. if you have more links on where you ...

Forum Beginner

this is awesome build thread, thanks for sharing! and loving the links. if you have more links on where you can buy parts that would be great too!

2. Remove Advertisements
    BCAquaria.com
    Advertisements

This is a brilliant thread! Wish I'd seen it BEFORE I bought all my build parts.
    Taking a break

I'm glad you put this thread here, after reading and researching I will be getting a good quality 2 stage regulator for sure.
    Back in the hobby, 1- 20 gallon shrimp tank and a 42 gallon community corner tank

5. Remove Advertisements
    BCAquaria.com
    Advertisements

Quote Originally Posted by The Guy View Post
    I'm glad you put this thread here, after reading and researching I will be getting a good quality 2 stage regulator for sure.
    That was my intent, to help fellow hobbyist get better mileage for their dollar.
    trust me building and selling quality custom co2 regulators will not get you an earning to buy groceries.
    The time invested to seek out quality functioning units at a decent price , not to mention the almighty US$ + shipping cost will leave you hungrier than making money from reselling these units can buy groceries .
    I can post some e bay links to what i believe is a safe and decent price for these regulators, if it`s not against the forum polices.
    Regards

Quote Originally Posted by charlie1 View Post
    That was my intent, to help fellow hobbyist get better mileage for their dollar.
    trust me building and selling quality custom co2 regulators will not get you an earning to buy groceries.
    The time invested to seek out quality functioning units at a decent price , not to mention the almighty US$ + shipping cost will leave you hungrier than making money from reselling these units can buy groceries .
    I can post some e bay links to what i believe is a safe and decent price for these regulators, if it`s not against the forum polices.
    Regards
    We here at BCA must protect our sponsors that carry co2 products. So posting these eBay links can not be allowed. I know your intentions are to help out fellow aquarists with good information which you have done with this sticky and is very much appreciated.
    Back in the hobby, 1- 20 gallon shrimp tank and a 42 gallon community corner tank

Quote Originally Posted by The Guy View Post
    We here at BCA must protect our sponsors that carry co2 products. So posting these eBay links can not be allowed. I know your intentions are to help out fellow aquarists with good information which you have done with this sticky and is very much appreciated.
    Laurie:

Charlie1 is not proposing finished units on Ebay. They are not cost effective. He's proposing links to components and the regulators themselves which still require a lot of DIY to fit our needs as most of these are for welding or hospital use. I thought about making one based on different links in the past and really in the end it was cheaper for me to buy one that was premade because I didn't want to do a lot of trial and error to get all the right parts and make it all fit and have it all tested. But I guess if it's against forum rules it's against forum rules....
    My 100 gallon square tank
    My pleco picture thread
    46 Gallon Bowfront
    ADA Cube Garden
    Saving the world from being plecoless, one at a time....
    No more sig pics

Quote Originally Posted by 2wheelsx2 View Post
    Laurie:

Charlie1 is not proposing finished units on Ebay. They are not cost effective. He's proposing links to components and the regulators themselves which still require a lot of DIY to fit our needs as most of these are for welding or hospital use. I thought about making one based on different links in the past and really in the end it was cheaper for me to buy one that was premade because I didn't want to do a lot of trial and error to get all the right parts and make it all fit and have it all tested. But I guess if it's against forum rules it's against forum rules....
    That is correct. But if it`s against the forum policies for the stated reason, i fully understand.
    On another note , just to give the hobbyist some perspective of what a different market will pay for these custom builds.
    For the record regardless of if it`s all stainless steel , a mix with brass or plated brass, the performance is the same. The thing that separates theses high purity regulators is the inner construction & quality.
    The Planted Tank Forum

Most of our sponsors carry or can get co2 parts for DIY builds as well, but after anyone reads this thread they will know where else they can look for parts and pieces.

I don't believe any of our sponsors carry the high end parts charlie1 is proposing for more accurate CO2 dispersion. All of our sponsors only carry single-stage plug and play models which are good introductory models (and they can work quite well). They do not carry 2-stage regulators or high end needle valves which have been hard to source in the Canadian market.

JMHO.

Respectfully,

Stuart

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Grimreaperz likes this.
    TANKFUL IN VANCOUVER

ADDICTED TO PRESSURIZED CO2

Just to clarify, my intent was to post links from e bay or other auction sites mainly of 2 sage regulators, simply because it can be a hit or miss with these units given most of them are either used or liquidation stock . It can be daunting for some to weed out what is appropriate or not .
    Things like picking one that has not been used for Oxygen, non returnable etc..
    Not a biggie guys, i will abide by the rules, i`m a peaceful old man
    Grimreaperz likes this.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2