Fluval 406 won’t close properly
Follow us on...
Follow us on Twitter Follow us on Facebook
Register

Fluval 406 won’t close properly

This is a discussion on Fluval 406 won’t close properly within the Equipment Talk Section forums, part of the Aquarium Related Chat category; Hey guys I just got a fluval 406 and once I got to the part for closing it up with ...

Forum Newbie

DefaultFluval 406 won’t close properly

Hey guys I just got a fluval 406 and once I got to the part for closing it up with the o ring in place it won’t close all the way. When I take it out I can close it and click both sides. But when the o ring in installed then it’ll close but won’t click to lock. It’s still pretty tight but don’t want to risk it popping off in the middle of the night. Anybody experienced this or have a solution?

2. Remove Advertisements
    BCAquaria.com
    Advertisements

Forum Novice

Wipe a thin layer of Vaseline on the oring

Forum Newbie

I have a Fluval 207 and even with the Oring lubricated and in place the clamps still don't actually lock. They loosely stay in place. This after a while will allow air to get into the canister and stops filtration. I took two cotton swabs and cut the ends off then used the stems to lay across the clamp hooks. I put the hooks in place and close the clamp. It still doesn't draw the motor head down super tight but so far it has kept the air out and the filtration hasn't stopped. I think Fluval has a serious design flaw in the clamps. I know you have to push hard on the motor head to get it in place but those clamps should be the final lock down and should be tight enough to have to snap into place. My 207 was only 3 months old when I had to figure this out. Fluval has to know they have an issue. There are certainly enough post about it out on the internet.