fluval spec v filter question
Follow us on...
Follow us on Twitter Follow us on Facebook
Register

fluval spec v filter question

This is a discussion on fluval spec v filter question within the Equipment Talk Section forums, part of the Aquarium Related Chat category; Hi. I have a fluval spec v and have tried to take the filter out to clean the area well. ...

Forum Newbie

Defaultfluval spec v filter question

Hi. I have a fluval spec v and have tried to take the filter out to clean the area well. The "ball joint" that is on the fish side of the wall I feel should come off so that I can slide the tube back into the filter area and then lift the whole unit out. However, I am not able to get that piece off (it's the piece that the water flows into the tank - not sure of correct term). I have pulled and pried but I don't want to break anything. Can someone please confirm the correct way to disassemble this filter setup so I can completely remove it for cleaning.

Thank you,
    Diane.

2. Remove Advertisements
    BCAquaria.com
    Advertisements

It's the part that goes into the elbow that pulls out not the ball joint, that allows you to pull that elbow going through the black wall into to the filter area and down to the pump. I have 2 of these tanks, hope this helps. .
    Last edited by The Guy; 02-05-2020 at 08:41 AM.
    Back in the hobby, 1- 20 gallon shrimp tank and a 42 gallon community corner tank

Forum Novice

Hey Diane,
    I just happen to have a Fluval Spec I'm setting up. The pictures show how the pieces come apart.

Zz9mYe8.jpg
    OgS74QB.jpg
    OM1NmOH.jpg