Any Recommendations for How to Prepare Transportation for Selling Larger Fish?
Follow us on...
Follow us on Twitter Follow us on Facebook
Register

Any Recommendations for How to Prepare Transportation for Selling Larger Fish?

This is a discussion on Any Recommendations for How to Prepare Transportation for Selling Larger Fish? within the Freshwater Chat forums, part of the Aquarium Related Chat category; I'm tearing down my 125 gallon tank to prepare for moving out, and since I can't take it all with ...

Forum Newbie

DefaultAny Recommendations for How to Prepare Transportation for Selling Larger Fish?

I'm tearing down my 125 gallon tank to prepare for moving out, and since I can't take it all with me, I'm going to have to sell 1 common pleco (~12 inches) and 1 bala shark (~11 inches). Common recommendation is to use a large rubbermaid container for transporting larger fish, but I don't feel it makes sense for me to buy one for each of the fish when I sell them, since the container would cost more than what I would be selling the fish for. Any recommendations for how to prepare transportation/holding for the large fish when selling them? Is just a large plastic garbage bag okay? Ask the buyer to bring their own rubbermaid? Any help is appreciated

2. Remove Advertisements
    BCAquaria.com
    Advertisements

Forum Resident

Asking the buying to bring their own bucket would be best. However, the down fall is needing to let them into your place to see the fish... (some people may not like that. And the covid)

There are larger fish bags that you could prob buy for a few bucks at LFS. So there's that option

Forum Newbie

Okay, checked with Local Fish Store (had to look up LFS acronym haha), J&L Aquatics only has small bags, Paul's Aquarium is currently short on large bags themselves but did mention that unscented large garbage bags should be fine, so I'll go with that. Thanks!
    Last edited by weedwacker44; 2 Weeks Ago at 03:45 PM.