I am just wondering can the chlorine in our tap water kill fish directly? Or can it cause any serious illness in fish?
Is there any studies showing that fish can be killed by the amount of chlorine in our tap water directly?
Are we concerned about chlorine becaue it kills our nitrifying bacteria and our biological filter, which could in turn kill our fish--or should we be concerned that chlorine can actually kill our fish directly at the dosage that they are at in our tap water?
I am asking this because I have heard so many people saying how chlorine is really dangerous but I cannot find any proof that fish can be directly killed by chlorine; what I have found are all suggestions that chlorines will destroy or damage the biological filter in our fish tank, which can cause an ammonia and/or nitrite built up, which can kill our fish as a result.