Cannister Filter leaking! ugh - Page 4
Follow us on...
Follow us on Twitter Follow us on Facebook
Register

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4
Like Tree13Likes

Cannister Filter leaking! ugh

This is a discussion on Cannister Filter leaking! ugh within the Freshwater Chat forums, part of the Aquarium Related Chat category; Eheim should state that somewhere to save customers time/trouble. Be sure to tell KE that you tried to contact Eheim ...

Eheim should state that somewhere to save customers time/trouble. Be sure to tell KE that you tried to contact Eheim but they directed you to the dealer when you bring your canister in. But I think this is a positive, I'd much rather bring in defective goods to a dealer instead of returning items back to the manufacturer. It takes more time and the expense of shipping and insurance and you would think the dealer is equipped to handle product issues.
    _noob likes this.

2. Remove Advertisements
    BCAquaria.com
    Advertisements

Forum Novice

Copy I’ll try to bring the canister in tomorrow and update. I will update this thread, ke responded very quick by phone and email so I’m hoping it can be replaced under warranty.

Actually, won't be able to take in until Friday as they open at noon tomorrow.
    Last edited by _noob; 03-27-2018 at 10:50 PM.

Forum Novice

Back from my short vacation, the tank didn't smell stinky, I left the lights off and the plants look just fine.

Took apart the canister filter and put it back in the box ... here are better images of the broken piece, it was sitting at the bottom of the canister filter.
    image1.jpg

image2.jpg

image3.jpg
    Last edited by _noob; 03-27-2018 at 10:58 PM.

5. Remove Advertisements
    BCAquaria.com
    Advertisements

Forum Novice

UPDATED: ron at king Edward pets was awesome and replaced the broken canister, had it ready and waiting for me. Very happy. Will definitely be back, now that’s customer service!
    hp10BII and mikebike like this.

Nothing better than a LFS that looks after their customers. Hopefully your leaky canister filter issues are behind you ... bet you checked the replacement before you left King Ed 😊
    _noob likes this.
    Small fish room, 24 tanks - various sizes. Inside the house (1) 40 - Breeder + 2 show tank 1 Fluval Venezia 190 L & Fluval Venezia 350 L

Fish Room Album

I keep most of my breeding groups in biotope tanks. I move pairs or breeding groups to special tanks to spawn and raise fry. I also take full advantage of Ziss & Marina water circulating breeder boxes. African Cichlids are what I breed mostly but have gotten more interested in catfish - corys & BN plecos in the past 12 months.

Forum Novice

I did, and Ron suggested I do that as well to make sure. Very impressed, called and emailed right away when I said I had a problem with the canister. Didn’t second guess me and got my filter working again with the replacement ready to go.

Earned my continued business for sure!!! Started tank cycle again this afternoon, great stuff from king Ed, it was a problem with Eheim and they backed up the customer.

Glad to hear, I'm glad you were dealt with fairly and honestly. Did the new canister solve your noise/buzzing issue?

Forum Novice

Still a slight buzz but I can deal with that ... definitely not the rattle of a broken impeller on YouTube, just louder than I was expecting from peoples reports of the Eheim being “silent”
    I juts happy it doesn’t leak
    Last edited by _noob; 03-31-2018 at 11:20 PM.

Forum Novice

No leaks and Noise level acceptable - happy camper

YEAH ... finally - success!
    Small fish room, 24 tanks - various sizes. Inside the house (1) 40 - Breeder + 2 show tank 1 Fluval Venezia 190 L & Fluval Venezia 350 L

Fish Room Album

I keep most of my breeding groups in biotope tanks. I move pairs or breeding groups to special tanks to spawn and raise fry. I also take full advantage of Ziss & Marina water circulating breeder boxes. African Cichlids are what I breed mostly but have gotten more interested in catfish - corys & BN plecos in the past 12 months.

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4