how do YOU convince your wife/husband/g.f/b.f/mom to get more fishes or equipment? - Page 4
Follow us on...
Follow us on Twitter Follow us on Facebook
Register

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4
Like Tree10Likes

how do YOU convince your wife/husband/g.f/b.f/mom to get more fishes or equipment?

This is a discussion on how do YOU convince your wife/husband/g.f/b.f/mom to get more fishes or equipment? within the Freshwater Chat forums, part of the Aquarium Related Chat category; I have a couple of suggestions: 1. Complain that the equipment you have sucks (or too old) and it might ...

ckl
    Forum Beginner

I have a couple of suggestions:
    1. Complain that the equipment you have sucks (or too old) and it might result in a disaster if not rectified.
    2. If you buy something and she asks, tell her the truth... it was on sale ;-)
    jbyoung00008 likes this.

2. Remove Advertisements
    BCAquaria.com
    Advertisements

Quote Originally Posted by jbyoung00008 View Post
    If the tank is big, it makes it easier to sneak them in. Im always getting new Africans and selling old ones so she has a hard time keeping
    That's the key my friends and a charming smile works for me.

Quote Originally Posted by jbyoung00008 View Post
    If the tank is big, it makes it easier to sneak them in. Im always getting new Africans and selling old ones so she has a hard time keeping track.

Good luck with the new tank. Hopefully your trick will work with the nano SW. You could always tell her the coral grew over a couple days. Fish might be a little trickier to sneak in
    We( I and 2 girls) have decided to do pea puffer tank as per other BCA member's suggestion/advice. I got an used Fluval Edge 12 tank from another member. Even before I got out of car, my girls ran to my wife and " we got Alicia's tank!!!" so there goes sneaking(?) the tank in lol. she was ok though. I told 2 small pea puffers and that's it! have not mentioned about eco complete though lol

5. Remove Advertisements
    BCAquaria.com
    Advertisements

For me sneaking in a 55 gal tank to go by the sofa was going to be a little difficult.

The truth was I really needed to cut down on the work it took to water change the 30 gal and the 16 gal. All the fish from both tanks went into the 55, plus a new flag and 3 ottos (which I traded for plants and driftwood I had). My mom helped out buying the extras, and I explained what a good deal the tank was... (it really was a good deal) maybe not aaaasssss good as what I told hubby. Once he saw it togther, and how easy it is for me he was happy for me. It's the first time ever I have not been totally forth comming about the $ so I gotta live with that... I have had some of these fishies for 8 years, some have names so no way was I going to get rid of them.

Darn it! I will now have to sign in each time with my password!
    Loving the world of my planted, woody, sandy, fishy tanks.
    Avatar: One of my water colour paintings "Corvus Watchious"

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4