Kudos for LFS (April's)
Follow us on...
Follow us on Twitter Follow us on Facebook
Register

Like Tree4Likes
  • 4 Post By morefish

Kudos for LFS (April's)

This is a discussion on Kudos for LFS (April's) within the Freshwater Chat forums, part of the Aquarium Related Chat category; I just wanted to post a giant KUDOS for Darrin and his team at April's Aquarium. They went WAY out ...

Forum Newbie

Default Kudos for LFS (April's)

I just wanted to post a giant KUDOS for Darrin and his team at April's Aquarium. They went WAY out of their way to serve me today. I'm a teacher and I have 2, 33 gal tanks in my classroom. Last year after much research, a group of my students wanted to try raising Multi's...we had ordered some from another source, then covid hit, and they never got delivered. I recently noticed some at Aprils, however due to the fact that our school is closed evenings and weekends for cleaning, it would be impossible for me to drive out to the store after school and then return with the fish before the school would be closed. The fish would not do well overnight in any of my home aquaria due to the different water chem requirements. Darrin made sure my students would not be disappointed and had the fish delivered during school hours (despite the 1 hour travel time between his store and my school). I'd say that is way above the normal level of service.

2. Remove Advertisements
    BCAquaria.com
    Advertisements

Forum Addicted
    Vancouver/Strathcona - I have my travel bubble

Quote Originally Posted by morefish View Post
    I just wanted to post a giant KUDOS for Darrin and his team at April's Aquarium. They went WAY out of their way to serve me today. I'm a teacher and I have 2, 33 gal tanks in my classroom. Last year after much research, a group of my students wanted to try raising Multi's...we had ordered some from another source, then covid hit, and they never got delivered. I recently noticed some at Aprils, however due to the fact that our school is closed evenings and weekends for cleaning, it would be impossible for me to drive out to the store after school and then return with the fish before the school would be closed. The fish would not do well overnight in any of my home aquaria due to the different water chem requirements. Darrin made sure my students would not be disappointed and had the fish delivered during school hours (despite the 1 hour travel time between his store and my school). I'd say that is way above the normal level of service.
    That's awesome. Thanks Darrin.

I would love to visit your store more often but every time I've made the drive out there, the line up has been 5 - 8 people long so my fish shopping addiction has had to evolve

Forum Resident

Over and above the great service mentioned above:

Anyone in the vicinity - this is a shop worth visiting! Very healthy stock and if you have an interest in plants - DEFINITELY worth a stop!
    210G South American - , Corydoras julii, Altum Angels, Discus, Clown pleco, Black Ghost knifefish
    90G for "Bobby the Turtle"
    120G South American - Discus, Neon Tetras, Rummy nose tetras, Yoyo loach and low tech plants

5. Remove Advertisements
    BCAquaria.com
    Advertisements

Forum Novice

They have done a fantastic job there since taking over. The shop looks great and they have fantastic fish and great service

Forum Novice

Darrin and gang have been doing a great job at April's. I've hit atleast 7 local fish stores looking at livestock the last week or two, and April's definitely has one of the best freshwater selections of fish, not to mention the healthiest.

I had attempted to purchase some Kuhli loaches at another store, and noticed the employee had bagged a half eaten dead fish in with the loaches, which I declined to take...My other purchase from there were some platys, which came with some bonus ich.

Moral of the story, stick w a good store where people care about their fish...I'm sticking w April's.