My journey to check out Fish stores I've never been!
Follow us on...
Follow us on Twitter Follow us on Facebook
Register

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 ... LastLast
Like Tree28Likes

My journey to check out Fish stores I've never been!

This is a discussion on My journey to check out Fish stores I've never been! within the Freshwater Chat forums, part of the Aquarium Related Chat category; So my long day begun yesterday morning I left Agassiz bright and early. My first destination was a store I've ...

DefaultMy journey to check out Fish stores I've never been!

So my long day begun yesterday morning I left Agassiz bright and early. My first destination was a store I've never been to. Main Aquarium as I approached the long awaited travel, to the front doors of a new adventure I see lots of tanks I'm getting very excited. I walk in don't get greeted no one in the store? I start walking around looking at fish and All I see is very dirty cloudy tanks no heaters small little air filters fish dead, some with fungal infections others with tail and fin rot. I could not believe my eyes and all over priced. I sure wasn't missing anything here so I quickly got myself out of there. Ok shake it off on to my next adventure Aquariums west after finding parking smmmh I found myself spiralling down way down some stairs to the basement. And opened the door and was pleasantly greeted by a very nice fellow looked around at a very nice clean organized store. Unfortunately was a small fish section and was nothing for me to be had. Very good, healthy looking fish I see they work hard to do a good job! Also the young lady was very nice and knowledgeable. Ok on to next google showed one called Noah's Pet Ark walked in walked out small bread and butter fish enough said. At this point kinda disappointed only ones never been to and had no luck finding anything. Been to North America Pets once, figured well lets try that one again. I walk in everything is absolutely sparkling clean floors tanks fish wow I ask the lady a question about a sensitive fish ( I already know the answer lol) and bang she gives me the full honest truthful answer even thou she knows I'm not going to buy that fish now. I'm very impressed at this point, so I made sure I bought some ottos just because. They had some really nice fish not just bread and butter fish. Silver arrows jardina arrow elephant nose, dolphine which I've never seen in a fish store. So off to king Eds next such a nice selection of fresh and salt water pets yes I scored some beautiful fish not cheap but most looked healthy. Unfortunately the man downstairs was willing to tell me whatever I wanted to hear to buy fish. My next journey took me to Port Coquitlam Bosleys yes Bosleys not a super big selection but this guy sure had a good selection and used is space wisely very healthy lookin Fish and even some rare odd balls yes I made some purchases. When I asked for my first fish, wow I got a big surprise this young fellow started asking me questions regarding tank size condition compatible tank mates awesome. First store ever I had salesperson actual care. My hats way off if or when they expand would be my go to place then my last journey petland Port Coquitlam walked through fish department most tanks were down broken or empty looked healthy what they had was there for about 15 mins no help offered no one in that department so I left saw 3 people standing around till have been helpful in past but not today. Didn't make it to Aprils Aquarium today but we all know she brings in some nice healthy fish. Or fish addicts always has big selection and takes time to help you.
    So that's my adventure for the day, my favourite store for selection and help would be:
    1- fish Addicts Langley
    2-king eds for selection
    3-North America pets - Best honest clean little store and odd ball fish
    4- Aprils Aquarium- special order specialty honest little store
    5- Bosleys - honesty intergrety selection small store
    6- JL for salt water good prices lots of info
    7-Aquariums west clean happy environment healthy fish
    8- Pet Lovers in Abbotsford newly expanded store big selection some of the best prices I've seen and healthy fish.
    9. Rogers Aquatics-nice clean store and tanks Fish always look healthy.
    10. Paul's aquarium- selection of fresh and Salt tanks ok fish ok last time I was there lady owner wasn't the friendliest her husband was nice I asked her to bag me a cleaner wrasse I didn't oversee it unfortunately when I got home realized it was not healthy bent spine and was half dead 2hrs in bag.
    But I have bought fresh water fish there before with no problem.
    That's my report on my fishy adventure
    Last edited by mrbob; 03-04-2017 at 08:02 PM.
    I have MTS Please send Help! lol

2. Remove Advertisements
    BCAquaria.com
    Advertisements

Thanks for the honest reviews. I would concur and I think it's almost uncanny how accurate your assessments are of these LFS to my own experiences.
    mrbob and Dou like this.
    5gal ADA Mini M low tech: Weeping moss and Taiwan Bees
    50gal high tech planted: Ember Tetras, Cardinal Tetras, Otos

Oooh I get it: Boy fish + Girl fish = Fry + MTS
    Plants are pretty + Various Species = Aquascaped MTS

So what did you come home with Bob?
    mrbob likes this.

5. Remove Advertisements
    BCAquaria.com
    Advertisements

Bob likes guppies so much he went out and bought them all out from all these stores. Congrats on the guppies bob, LOL.
    poiuy704 likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by poiuy704 View Post
    So what did you come home with Bob?
    Way to much

Quote Originally Posted by troutsniffer View Post
    Bob likes guppies so much he went out and bought them all out from all these stores. Congrats on the guppies bob, LOL.
    Lmao right thanks Chris
    troutsniffer likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by Reckon View Post
    Thanks for the honest reviews. I would concur and I think it's almost uncanny how accurate your assessments are of these LFS to my own experiences.
    Ty very much I tried to tell it the way I experienced my visits in hopes to help others who are planning a road trip as well!

Troutsniffer
    Hope you are enjoying your fish I picked up for you.
    Last edited by mrbob; 03-03-2017 at 01:35 PM.

Forum Guru

DefaultMy journey to check out Fish stores I've never been!

Well
    Glad I got a thumbs up...too bad you missed my store! But I know.. a lot of driving
    Oh and I never ask you about your suitable tanks as I know you know what your doing!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Last edited by aprilsaquarium; 03-03-2017 at 01:45 PM.
    SeaHorse_Fanatic and mrbob like this.

Your comments about Main Aquarium I totally agree with, before they were called Fraser Aquarium the service and the tank conditions were exactly the same. I went there once years back and vowed I would never return, wonder how they stay in business.
    Last edited by The Guy; 03-05-2017 at 12:56 AM.
    mrbob likes this.
    Back in the hobby, 1- 20 gallon shrimp tank and a 42 gallon community corner tank

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 ... LastLast