Vancouver Area Water Tap Water Changes Help - 2019 - Page 2
Follow us on...
Follow us on Twitter Follow us on Facebook
Register

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
Like Tree4Likes

Vancouver Area Water Tap Water Changes Help - 2019

This is a discussion on Vancouver Area Water Tap Water Changes Help - 2019 within the Freshwater Chat forums, part of the Aquarium Related Chat category; Originally Posted by lisaseahorse If using the sea chem alkaline buffer do you also need to use the acid buffer? ...

Forum Newbie

Quote Originally Posted by lisaseahorse View Post
    If using the sea chem alkaline buffer do you also need to use the acid buffer? The directions on the bottle kind of confuse me.. I am just wanting to raise my KH.
    Some use acid buffer (smaller amount) to reduce PH after using Alkaline Buffer. Using Alkaline buffer will raise your PH while increasing your KH level but if you don't want to raise your PH by too much (depending on how much buffering you are adding) then that is why you would perhaps use Acid buffer so that your PH doesn't swing too high. Be careful to measure out the proper doses though.

2. Remove Advertisements
    BCAquaria.com
    Advertisements

Quote Originally Posted by Marillion View Post
    Some use acid buffer (smaller amount) to reduce PH after using Alkaline Buffer. Using Alkaline buffer will raise your PH while increasing your KH level but if you don't want to raise your PH by too much (depending on how much buffering you are adding) then that is why you would perhaps use Acid buffer so that your PH doesn't swing too high. Be careful to measure out the proper doses though.
    Yeah, I think so too. Some aquarists want to chase after a certain pH level, so they are constantly playing around with their water chemistry. I think that's too stressful for the fish with a bouncing pH. Buffer your water to prevent pH crashes and let the pH settle to what it wants to, I never use the acid buffer. I gave up chasing pH values years ago and my fish have never complained.
    Marillion likes this.

Forum Addicted
    Vancouver/Strathcona - I have my travel bubble

Quote Originally Posted by lisaseahorse View Post
    If using the sea chem alkaline buffer do you also need to use the acid buffer? The directions on the bottle kind of confuse me.. I am just wanting to raise my KH.
    I picked up a bag of coral pieces from N American Pets(I think Main Aquarium also has it) and throw some in the bottom of the tank. As they dissolve, I add more

https://www.google.com/search?q=usin...hrome&ie=UTF-8

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2