British Columbia Aquarium Forums banner

FF: 4" GOLDEN DISCUS for FREE

2K views 16 replies 7 participants last post by  jason 
#1 · (Edited)
Got her from a guy from Craigslist 2 weeks ago. But she's not eating well. I want someone to fix her up. So I will let her go for Free now. She's not doing well, free for someone who can save her.

Attachments

See less See more
#9 ·
try raising temp to 88 - 90 degrees F while you try to find someone to take her. Garlic enhanced foods, frozen blood worm or FDBW cubes from Canadian Aqua Farm may help stimulate appetite. My feeling is this fish is sick, like an intestinal protozoal infestation, would benefit from Metronidazole (especially in the feed, but then again, the fish isn't eating) if it will make it at all. Increase aeration while at the higher temp. Good luck.

#10 ·
Thanks Molly, I will try increasing the temperature first. I tired frozen blood worm, TetraColor flake and bits. She was very thin when I first got her. I got 3 Discus from this guy from CL, all three were thin. I guess that guy didn't know how to care for Discus.

#11 ·
BTW, I am quite annoyed by one member on this board. I had been here for 7-8 years. I met nothing but good people.

I was previous selling this discus for $20, this guy said he doesn't have cash. Then I said he can come and pick it up for free. And he said doesn't have a car, and tells me to deliver the fish to him in Surrey!!?

I feel sad to see someone like this on BCAquaria.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.