Bloated oscar
Follow us on...
Follow us on Twitter Follow us on Facebook
Register

Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By Oscarlover

Bloated oscar

This is a discussion on Bloated oscar within the Hospital Section forums, part of the Aquarium Related Chat category; Now convinced my ol girls got swim bladder. Not exactly sure what to do. She won't normally eat unless it's ...

Forum Snooper

DefaultBloated oscar

Now convinced my ol girls got swim bladder. Not exactly sure what to do. She won't normally eat unless it's from my hand and now she's stuck at the bottom of a 3 foot tall tank. Should I move her to my 25 gallon hospital tank and suspend her in a make shift rig to take pressure off her? Then I could possibly feed pees. Other than that I don't know what to do. I don't own a needle or the balls to do it. Epsom salt baths? Epsom salt in small hospital tank?

2. Remove Advertisements
    BCAquaria.com
    Advertisements

Forum Addicted

can you reach the bottom if you are standing on a chair or ladder?

Forum Snooper

No I cannot. I'll have to net her and put her in a smaller tank. Just not positive on where to go from there. Thanks for the reply
    Last edited by Oscarlover; 01-26-2020 at 10:54 AM.

5. Remove Advertisements
    BCAquaria.com
    Advertisements

Forum Resident

Water changes and epsom salt in the hospital tank. I have had some luck massaging the blockage out with my discus, but you really gotta love your fish to do that! Gently!!

+1 for water changes, never used Epsom salt much myself but it definitely works. I've used aquarium salt in the past with success in dealing with small discus bloating. That's the non iodized pickling salt. But keep up big daily water changes, it's always the most helpful.

Forum Snooper

Thanks for the reply! She's now in a hospital tank after have a concentrated salt bath for 30 mins. I'll add salt the the actual tank tonight. She's now able to sit upright with ease
    onefishtwofish likes this.