Four Months & Twelve Aquariums
Follow us on...
Follow us on Twitter Follow us on Facebook
Register

Four Months & Twelve Aquariums

This is a discussion on Four Months & Twelve Aquariums within the Introduction Area forums, part of the BCA Main Navigation category; Hello, everyone! I got into this hobby properly about four months ago, and it's been a rollercoaster ever since. I ...

Forum Newbie

Red faceFour Months & Twelve Aquariums

Hello, everyone! I got into this hobby properly about four months ago, and it's been a rollercoaster ever since. I bought a 15-gallon column, learned it was terrible for the fish I wanted, and immediately switched to a standard 20-gallon. After cycling and getting my betta and 8 pygmy corydoras, my betta was not interested in being in a community, so I got a Spec V for just him, and some guppies in the big tank; then I learned about aquascaping... so I'm switching everything to rimless, and bringing my Spec V's to the office, eventually.

So, now I'm sitting here, 12 tanks in (only four set up so far, and two of the twelve I resold; I mean, my tablespace is full. We need to build some stands) and having so much fun. I love learning, and fishkeeping seems like a hobby where that will never end.

I have two bettas (one gorgeous nemo koi, one rescue vieltail that was left in a cold OJ bottle with columnaris), three Moscow green guppies, 8 pygmy corydoras, and a handful of pest snails that I'm fond of. I have a cycled 8-gallon tank ready, and I'm switching my already understocked 20-gallon to a 25-gallon rimless.

So, what should I add to that community? It's heavily planted, so I could switch it up and go betta sorority, adding the guppy trio to the 8-gallon cube. Or, I could fill it with guppies. Or, something else?

Anyway, nice to meet you all!
    Attached Images Attached Images

2. Remove Advertisements
    BCAquaria.com
    Advertisements

I see MTS has bitten you hard! Welcome to BC Aquaria.

Best regards,

Stuart

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    TANKFUL IN VANCOUVER

ADDICTED TO PRESSURIZED CO2

Welcome,
    I always like your basic, easily available, tetras. You can mix and match most tetras, and they look phenomenal in a planted tank. My favourites are Cardinals and Rummy nose.

5. Remove Advertisements
    BCAquaria.com
    Advertisements

Super Moderator SeaHorse_Fanatic's Avatar

MTS big time. In almost record time too.

Forum Newbie

Haha, nice to meet you all! And yeah, just a bit of MTS... I'm starting to really like bichirs, now, too. I'll give it a bit more time before I switch to big tanks. I'll definitely consider tetras, though. I really like the look of rummy nose and ember. I also really like chili rasboras! My mom loved neon tetras when I was a kid, and they always died, so I'm a bit tetra-averse, but it's not their fault.

Forum Newbie

You can mix and match most tetras, and they look phenomenal in a planted tank.