New (again) absent for 8 years
Follow us on...
Follow us on Twitter Follow us on Facebook
Register

Like Tree2Likes
  • 1 Post By Slow_Twitch
  • 1 Post By CRS Fan

New (again) absent for 8 years

This is a discussion on New (again) absent for 8 years within the Introduction Area forums, part of the BCA Main Navigation category; About 8 years ago i was a bit OCD with my "hobby" i had over 1000 gallons of water running ...

Forum Newbie

DefaultNew (again) absent for 8 years

About 8 years ago i was a bit OCD with my "hobby" i had over 1000 gallons of water running through about a dozen tanks including 2 salt tanks, I had fresh water planted tanks, Gold fish tanks, Cichlids were a favorite (new world) - but i did have some old world ones as well , we sold our place and at the time my realtor (rightfully) suggested it may make the place appear bigger if i downsized my tanks i think i got it down to a biocube saltwater and my planted tank on Co2 ! im not back in the hobby just yet but was thinking of something simple like a Gold fish tank or maybe one Oscar or Convict something around 40 gallons so it would be stable and less likely to suffer from swings from water changes ect.
    Lady_Bobo likes this.

2. Remove Advertisements
    BCAquaria.com
    Advertisements

Forum Snooper

Gold fish are super hardy and beautiful. April's aquarium had really nice telescope eyes.

The water change swings you mentioned. How were you doing it?
    Consistent water changes = Success

Forum Newbie

Welcome back man, one never fully quits the hobby. I was out of the hobby for around the same time too. I just got back into it a couple of weeks ago with goldfish as well. Have fun man.

5. Remove Advertisements
    BCAquaria.com
    Advertisements

Welcome to BCA, Slow_Twitch!

We are an amalgamation of many different hobbyists here. There are dwarf shrimp, planted tanks, cichlid, goldfish/koi, pleco, catfish, betta, oddball, community, marine (FOWLR), and reef enthusiasts to name a few.

Enjoy your time here !

Best Regards,

Stuart

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    mikebike likes this.
    TANKFUL IN VANCOUVER

ADDICTED TO PRESSURIZED CO2

Forum Newbie

Im now planning on setting up a tank downstairs in my garage because i always wanted a BIG fish room tank ! i havent decided what im going to do yet but im thinking about something with a sump and DIY !since i dont have any fish at the moment and my wife wants me to do some renos including setting up a space in the garage for her to work out ill do my thing at the same time , ill start a build thread when i get started , because messing around with the gear is half the fun right ?