If any of the rules below are broken your thread/post may be removed/deleted without notice
Your interactions with other parties found on or through BCAquaria, including payment and delivery of goods or services, and any other terms, conditions, warranties or representations associated with such dealings, are solely between you and the other parties. We highly recommend that members undertake whatever investigations you feel necessary or appropriate before proceeding with any transaction with any such party.
Waiver of Liability
You agree that BCAquaria, its owners, agents and moderators, shall not be responsible or liable for any loss or damage of any sort incurred as the result of any posting that you make or any transaction that you enter into as a result of a posting made on BCAquaria.
If there is a dispute between participants on this site, or between users and any third party, you understand and agree that BCAquaria is under no obligation to become involved. In the event that you have a dispute with any other party, you hereby release BCAquaria its owners, agents and moderators from claims, demands and damages (actual and consequential) of every kind or nature, known or unknown, suspected and unsuspected, disclosed and undisclosed, arising out of or in any way related to such disputes.
1) FS Ads Must Include Price: Seller must include a price when listing items. You cannot be "open to best offer". Links to your ad on another site (Craigslist ect) do not qualify as a price, a price must be listed on your BCA ad.
2) Please Close Threads: After your item sells or your listing is done please close your own thread @ which point it will automatically move to archive section.
3) Location: Your profile must include your location before posting in classified section. This gives users an idea where to pickup product
4) No Low balling or auction style : if someone is selling for 100$ and it's worth around that, dont offer 25$ just because you can.
5) No Chatter : Do not chat in members ads, keep on topic to the item which is buying or selling
6) Must Title Ad Correctly: Please use the following in your title when listing to the ad : FS (For Sale) , LF (Looking For) WTB(Want To Buy)
7) No Multiple Ads : if you are selling multiple items please list everything in 1 thread, do not create a new thread for every item. No more than 2 active ads per section at a time
8) No bumping your ad more than once every 24 hours.
9) No Selling for Profit: If something you bought was X amount, you must sell for X amount or lower.
10) FF defined at FOR FREE, must be for free. You cannot list a (item A) for free if you buy (item b). The whole thread must be FF(for free)
11) LF defined as Looking For. Do not post ads Looking for Free Fish\Equipment with the intention of selling them. You can respond to a For Free ad, however don't take advantage of someone's good nature by taking fish for free to make profit on them at a later time. This is not allowed and will be dealt with respectively. If you are posting a Looking For (FREE "stuff") it must be for charitable reasons, and the mod team and community will assist with any support possible to make it happen.
12) No classified ads are allowed to be posted for animals or goods which are illegal to possess or have had any involvement in criminal activities (ie: poaching, smuggling, etc). One specific example of this is the Fly River Turtle aka Pig-nosed Turtle aka Carettochelys insculpta. If you have one of these turtles in your possession that you need to rehome we suggest that you contact a reptile rescue in your community (in the Lower Mainland one option is Mike Hopcraft aka The Reptile Guy) and ask if they will take in your turtle.
Policy - NO resellers/retailers
The classified section is for hobbyists ONLY. If you are a retailer or breed for profit you are not allowed to post in classifieds, you must sign up for a sponsorship. Similarly, if you are breeding stock on a regular basis and re-selling for a profit, this is considered a business and you are not allowed to post in the classifieds, you must sign up for sponsorship.
We understand that this may be a grey area, but the spirit of the policy is to allow the hobbyist to sell the occasional extra piece of unneeded equipment and disallow someone who imports or purchases goods in bulk specifically for re-sale. Similarly, this policy allows for the hobbyist whose fish breed and they end up with extra fish that they don't know what to do with, but does not allow for the person with a basement filled with numerous breeding pairs which produce multiple broods on a regular basis.
What "regular" means shall be determined by moderators on a case-by-case basis. If a user is noted to be consistently and/or constantly offering the same or similar type of goods/fish for sale, then an investigation will be undertaken and action taken if necessary.