Tiger shovelnose x Red tail catfish x3 - Page 2
Follow us on...
Follow us on Twitter Follow us on Facebook
Register

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Tiger shovelnose x Red tail catfish x3

This is a discussion on Tiger shovelnose x Red tail catfish x3 within the Monster FISH!! forums, part of the Freshwater Species category; I had a Tiger shovelnose x Red tail catfish for about a year. Wonderful fish...tons of bad tempered personality. My ...

Forum Newbie

I had a Tiger shovelnose x Red tail catfish for about a year. Wonderful fish...tons of bad tempered personality. My guy grew to 12+ inches in one year and I started to fear for all my other fish. I saw him swallow a 10" rope fish in seconds...and could see him go for my others in time. That huge snout of his can open up and consume creatures 2/3rds his size.

Wanted to build an indoor pond for him too, but my wife said absolutely no way. I came away believing these guys are not for home aquariums...yeah unless you happen to have a 600 gallon maybe.
    125 gal South American Cichlids
    90 gal Piranhas
    90 gal Tilapia Buttikoferi
    60 gal African Cichlids (mbuna)
    33 gal shovelnose lima catfish

2. Remove Advertisements
    BCAquaria.com
    Advertisements

Forum Beginner

ahah, if i some how able to keep them, my moms going to buy a new home soon and i get to build my own on the property. It'll include a 1000g tank or 1500g. =) But at the moment im trying to sell them as parents are divorcing and they have nowhere to go...=( but if they dont get sold in time im not really sure what to do. I hope i can keep them though at a friends or something for a short time...=)

Yeah i was prepared to have them (hopefully) grow 5ft and one day get an arapaima shipped in! of course for the 1500g tank though =)
    30g-Electric blue crays and feeder goldfish
    30g tall- planted, 2 cory catfish, cockoo catfish, TSN baby, golden dojo, 2 redtailed botia, twig catfish
    40g- white spotted rapheal catfish, albino hifin pleco, senegal bicher, 2 tiger barb, green tiger barb, chinese algae eater, bala shark
    30g- partially planted, guppies..., striped rapheal catfish, 4 striped kuhli loaches, 2 striped botias, cherry shrimps.
    30g- crs....sry they all died...

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2